Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2005, 14:33   #31
I am Banned

Re: Favourite single

n theres also

* true Faith - New Order
* Ballroom blitz - sweet
* when the world crashes down [Alb trk] - Enrique
* Life for rent - Dido
* A lil respect/ ship of fools/sometimes - Erasure
* Teenage kicks - Undertones
* Baby come Back - Equals

I could go on n on n on n on n on but i wont for now <phew for u all>lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2005, 14:39   #32
I am Banned

You're right Vorlon it is a good song, blimey that album got me into Erasure n i even got me mum into it, dont know whats happened to my copy with succession of house moves i think i lost it tho i can get a copy so thats good
Old 21-03-2005, 16:41   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
I hate to point this out, but Hideaway was never released as a single, although it should have been.

One of the best ones on The Circus, though (if a bit sad)
Should have been a single without doubt.
I just put favourite songs!

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 19:58   #34
Senior Member+

I have all but one of the Erasure albums (including The Two Ring Circus). I don't know what its called, but it is either due for release soon or has already been released.

I have a load of limited edition 12" Erasure singles too, and I have been to a few of their concerts! My missus especially likes Andy Bell's outfits!

I'm a bit of an Erasure fan!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 20:06   #35
I am Banned

the two ring circus were a compilation of producer 'Flood' mixes i used to have it sadly lost all my vinyl to the ex whom refused to give em back, i also has the abba-esque Ltd ed 12" .
Old 21-03-2005, 20:09   #36
I am Banned

After all this they may make a comeback the winner of stars in your eyes was Andy Bell lol.
Old 21-03-2005, 22:15   #37
Senior Member+

New album is out;think it's called "Nightbird" £9.97 Music Zone[bit of blatent advertising]
Old 21-03-2005, 22:29   #38
I am Banned

Tehehehehe Lindsay oh well answers the Q then lol
Old 21-03-2005, 22:40   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wink Re: Favourite single

Twiglight time-the platters,cara mia-jay@the americans,breathless-jerry lee lewis,be my guest-fats domino,everyday-buddy holly.and loads more,to many to name.
Old 24-03-2005, 13:38   #40
Super Moderator

"Good Rockin' Tonight" - Wynonie Harris. The most important single of the post-war era. Without it, there would be no rock/pop music as we know it.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 00:09   #41
Senior Member+

Just found one that I hope was released in England but I don't know because its on the Country charts here
" Remember when" by Alan Jackson.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 09:30   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thumbs up Re: Favourite single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
"Good Rockin' Tonight" - Wynonie Harris. The most important single of the post-war era. Without it, there would be no rock/pop music as we know it.
great track-but jackie brenstons"Rocket 88"is supposedly the first r@roll record ever made in1954,
Old 29-03-2005, 09:52   #43
Super Moderator

Yeah, "Rocket 88" is a great single, especially with Ike Turner's superb guitar playing. However, "Good Rockin' Tonight" was made a full seven years before and effectively made the breakthrough from rhythm & blues to rock & roll with its storming beat and slapback bass. It certainly impressed a young truck driver in Memphis called Elvis Presley who covered it in 1954 as one his very first singles on Sun Records.
Old 29-03-2005, 13:29   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thumbs up Re: Favourite single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Yeah, "Rocket 88" is a great single, especially with Ike Turner's superb guitar playing. However, "Good Rockin' Tonight" was made a full seven years before and effectively made the breakthrough from rhythm & blues to rock & roll with its storming beat and slapback bass. It certainly impressed a young truck driver in Memphis called Elvis Presley who covered it in 1954 as one his very first singles on Sun Records.
thanks for the info wynonnie,you certainly know your music,sadly very few people do,
Old 30-03-2005, 07:39   #45
Super Moderator

Cashman, I learnt some of my musical knowledge from listening to the older guys talking music on the Deck!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..