Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2012, 22:35   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Good old Jerry Dorsey - Engelbert Humperdinck - Loosing the plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Heard it this morning, it was like a dirge, might have been a little better if he could still hold a note.
He came 2nd to the bottom! I agree the high notes sounded flat - also the song sounds like the start of a heavy metal song which never takes off.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2012, 23:02   #47

He was definitely flat on some of the high notes. I thought he was embarrassing. In my mind, without doubt it was the worst song.
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 23:21   #48
Give, give, give member

Nice, to end your career with a Boom Bang-a-Bang.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 23:25   #49
Give, give, give member

I'm backing Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson, to bring back the trophy for us next year.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 23:29   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Nice, to end your career with a Boom Bang-a-Bang.

Do you think he regrets it?
Old 26-05-2012, 23:31   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
He was definitely flat on some of the high notes. I thought he was embarrassing. In my mind, without doubt it was the worst song.
Agree with you - what are the BBC thinking? They should launch a song contest in the UK now for applicants to submit songs at grass roots level and then have the public vote on them to get a song for next year. Only to save face - but who really cares? This song contest is basically a promotions excercise for countries and the Euro.
Old 27-05-2012, 00:26   #52

The winning song isn't exactly unforgettable. I quite like The Hump's song. It's received a lot of airplay on Radio 2 over the last few weeks, and it has a pleasant melody, nicely sung.

Last edited by Michael1954; 27-05-2012 at 00:33.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 00:40   #53

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Agree with you - what are the BBC thinking? They should launch a song contest in the UK now for applicants to submit songs at grass roots level and then have the public vote on them to get a song for next year. Only to save face - but who really cares? This song contest is basically a promotions excercise for countries and the Euro.
You are joking of course...let the public decide???

The same public who think that Anne Widdicome and John Sargeant can dance, that think that Jedward and Chico have talent. The same public who lap up 'I'm a celebrity with a voice that ballroom dances on ice wearing a cat costume so get me out of here'

Used to be a mildly entertaining competition in the early days of pop, when most of the music on TV were piano recitals, choristers and a weekly dose of ToTP and six five special.

We need to pull away and leave it to the newly freed nations like Azerbaijan, Croatia and the like,,let them have their puppet on a string and save your kisses for me moment..

After all we've outgrown this nonsense, we've progressed from this shallow interpretation of musical acumen..we have rap, hip hop, garage, grunge...........oh wait..
Old 27-05-2012, 01:13   #54

Whoever picked uk's entry must have thought it was the same judges as in 1975...probally 25 year old judges this time and they voted for a modern dance track from sweden.. People who decided to use humper,epic FAIL !!
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 08:29   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya didn't watch it did ya
Old 27-05-2012, 08:35   #56

I always say I'm not watching it and end up doing. I do like to watch the political allegiances during the voting
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 08:36   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
You are joking of course...let the public decide???

The same public who think that Anne Widdicome and John Sargeant can dance, that think that Jedward and Chico have talent. The same public who lap up 'I'm a celebrity with a voice that ballroom dances on ice wearing a cat costume so get me out of here'

Used to be a mildly entertaining competition in the early days of pop, when most of the music on TV were piano recitals, choristers and a weekly dose of ToTP and six five special.

We need to pull away and leave it to the newly freed nations like Azerbaijan, Croatia and the like,,let them have their puppet on a string and save your kisses for me moment..

After all we've outgrown this nonsense, we've progressed from this shallow interpretation of musical acumen..we have rap, hip hop, garage, grunge...........oh wait..
For years they did put it to the public vote they had a raft of programs leading up the the song being chosen, and that was a none starter too. I honestly don't know why we even bother, we're only ever going to be in the running for the wooden spoon, its now a back slapping competition for your neighbours, with political intones, wast of a Saturday Nights entertainment
Old 27-05-2012, 08:37   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I always say I'm not watching it and end up doing. I do like to watch the political allegiances during the voting
Bet you watch election night special too
Old 27-05-2012, 09:33   #59
Senior Member+

I watched it because he was first on - they should have produced like this and Hump should have worn leather and studs -

That said this song slaughters his Eurosong effort!
Old 27-05-2012, 10:48   #60

We should have pulled out years ago to save further embarrassment.
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..