Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2004, 14:27   #1

Manager available for band

Manager looking for boys and girls to form a band singing to backing tracks to start with. All equipment and Accrington rehersal room supplied. Must be dedicated and have a wide liking for all types of music.
Tel 07958606919 for audition details.
barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2004, 18:28   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrie
Manager looking for boys and girls to form a band singing to backing tracks to start with. All equipment and Accrington rehersal room supplied. Must be dedicated and have a wide liking for all types of music.
Tel 07958606919 for audition details.
Would't it be more in line with safety for children if barrie was to give a proper address or at least a land line number so that parents can check him out? (Just being concerned no insult intended!)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2004, 21:11   #3
Senior Member+

Less well said and well thought through.One can not be too careful nowadays
Old 23-02-2004, 15:55   #4

Manager

Thanks for your concern, If any young person contacts me under the age of 18 they must bring a friend or parent to the audition. Over the last year i have worked with a local group called Graffite, i am now working with a young duo. if anybody wants further details i can be contacted at:- Hitchens Engravers Ltd
Tel 01254 301717. This is my effort to put something back into the community by giving kids a chance.
barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2004, 21:23   #5
Senior Member+

Hope you was nor insulted in anyway Barrie.There was nothing meant by my comment to you personally.Due to the recent things that have been happenning on the internet i respect Less' concept and concern.
Old 19-03-2004, 07:22   #6

Re: Manager available for band

barrie. i have been out of the town for a few years and have just returned. been singing in karaoke for a few years and on more than a dozen times haver been approached by people to sing in bands. i couldnt persue this at the time because of my old job but things have changed and now im going to start looking for a band who needs a singer. do you know anybody to contact or where is the best place to look. i know ive only sang on karaoke but have a very good diverse voice and want to give it a go. can you help me. either reply here or use my email which is [email protected]

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 07:56   #7
Roy
Administrator

hi mick! can I suggest that you create a login account for yourself! You've posted twice now under different peoples login names and things could well get confusing! Just click on logout at the top right and then go back to the forum index and press Join Today at the top left, use your hotmail email account and you will then be able to get your own login name.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 16:12   #8
mac
I am Banned

cheers roy have done that now. suppose it was confusing.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2004, 14:57   #9
mac
I am Banned

just went out with barry and family to a band audition today. all joking aside, if you have a son/daughter who has potential get them in touch with barry. all is above board and he has put alot of time into a couple who auditioned today. they were superb. and all of it was realy down to barry and family. DONT WASTE YOUR CHILDRENS POTENTIAL !!!!
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2004, 08:13   #10

Thumbs up Re: Manager available for band

Hey barrie,I saw you worked with 'Graffite'... my step-cousin is/was in the band - Holly Young - are those guys still making tracks? I'm currently in a band myself at the moment though not singing. I play guitar. There's 5 of us atm... 2 vocalists/pianist, bassist, guitarist & drummer. Although the bassist & I have contributed to backing vocals. All first years at college btw. Wondered what kind of things you do. We're after recording some tracks. Regards.

Last edited by Chelle; 31-01-2005 at 10:39.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 10:14   #11
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Manager available for band

i am a solo artist who is interested i starting a group with anyone who is interested. i live in the Fern Gore area and can travel anywhere in hyndburn. Please could you get back to me and let me know if you are interested or not. my mobile is 07835563253
mulstonian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 10:56   #12
Junior Member+

thanks for your help barrie we will see you on saturday to go through some backing tracks. see you soon thanx from bk2bk
mulstonian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 12:37   #13

Hey Barrie,
Wondering if we could have an audition anytime soon. Current manager wants to forward us - 5 piece band - 2 vocalists (1 Pianist), guitarist, bassist & drummer. Write all our own music. We have recording to send if you would prefer.

Cheers.
P.S. - this is our website,however, we have a new one designed (with our own logo) atm just needs uploading - www.established-online.tk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..