Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 15:17   #91
God Member

Re: Music about the Weather!

More Planet Funk -Chase the Sun -a classic and this version live last year on a beach in Italy is brilliant (From someones' Mobile phone)-give it time -the song kicks in properly after 1minute 45 seconds! Fab dance track -I'm sure you'll recognise it as it's used a lot on TV.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 04-05-2012 at 15:19.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2012, 18:23   #92
Senior Member+

Old 04-05-2012, 19:44   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
More Planet Funk -Chase the Sun -a classic and this version live last year on a beach in Italy is brilliant (From someones' Mobile phone)-give it time -the song kicks in properly after 1minute 45 seconds! Fab dance track -I'm sure you'll recognise it as it's used a lot on TV.
Never heard of this band Planet Funk. Here's another obvious one that so far been over looked; Here Comes the Sun (and I wish it would!)

Last edited by kestrelx; 04-05-2012 at 19:47.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 22:11   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A bit of Scousiness from Gerry & the boys.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:33   #95
Senior Member+

Old 05-05-2012, 12:26   #96
God Member

Tenuous link to the weather on this one but it's a favourite of mine which has been in my head today perhaps because it's a really windy day.....Hey child, stay wilder than the wind...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59   #97
Senior Member+

Relax to this one!

Old 14-05-2012, 11:09   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Tenuous link to the weather on this one but it's a favourite of mine which has been in my head today perhaps because it's a really windy day.....Hey child, stay wilder than the wind...
I just stumbled across this one an unusual collaboration so I had to post it...

Old 14-05-2012, 11:49   #99
JFT96

What a strange version. However seeing Mr David Gilmour, showing how to play a guitar... Was worth it.
Apparently it was done in 1992. Cheers

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 13:51   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
What a strange version. However seeing Mr David Gilmour, showing how to play a guitar... Was worth it.
Apparently it was done in 1992. Cheers
The version is Ok it's the combination of Tom Jones with Pink Floyd guy doing that song... good though!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..