Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2009, 09:00   #1
God Member

No Line On The Horizon....................

For anyone excited about the release of U2`s new opus. it will be streamed later today on Spotify and U2`s MySpace page...............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2009, 13:45   #2
God Member

Re: No Line On The Horizon....................

..........takes a good few listens but its very ,very good...........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 22:24   #3
God Member

I really, really don't like the new album. This is not a 'slag off U2' post however. I am a U2 fan.
For me it comes down to a very basic critique in that the songwriting on the album just isn't very good. Well written songs (both musically and lyrically) can be appreciated whether they're recorded at Abbey Road or your Gran's kitchen. If this was U2's first album of material and had it been recorded with the standard equipment for such a debut, it would have been vastly ignored. All of the members of the band play their instruments to a very high standard indeed and the recording is as perfect as you will ever hear, but that's all I hear on the album. There's nothing of substance for these talented vessels to carry on to tape.

Maybe I'm expecting too much?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 00:50   #4
God Member

had a bit and has been said it is well produced .great musicians ...but you do get the impression that it's all living in L.A sort of stuff
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..