Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2012, 12:58   #16
I am Banned

Re: RIP Whitney Houston

Houston,we have a problem Whitney, the jokes are already doing the rounds,loved her in the bodyguard and my fave song I will always love you,great voice but looked dog ruff at her last public appearance last november,she looked more like 84 than 48
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2012, 13:06   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What a waste, a great talent, another casualty of drugs rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You sure
Quote:
Positive
Latest News - Whitney Houston's cause of death revealed as an overdose of prescription drugs

Whitney Houston's cause of death revealed as an overdose of prescription drugs? | News | NME.COM
Old 13-02-2012, 13:10   #18
I am Banned

suicide or accidental,yet another mystery death, how many famous actors comedians singers have died from, to many good uns.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 17:58   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Latest News - Whitney Houston's cause of death revealed as an overdose of prescription drugs

Whitney Houston's cause of death revealed as an overdose of prescription drugs? | News | NME.COM
And your point is, as I've already said, if she hadn't become addled on crack cocaine, she may just have stood a chance, but probably the reason for being on prescription drugs was related to her well note drug addiction, which had seen her go from a world super star with the world at her feet, to a sorry excuse for a singer, going on her last attempt at a performance, my be the worst thing that happened to this lady was bumping into Bobby Brown then entering a downward spiral to oblivion, a very very sad and a needless death
Old 13-02-2012, 19:00   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
That's not confirmed yet but-
Xanax(Alprazolam)-Benzodiazepines-
'Require special precautions if used by alcohol or drug dependant individuals'.
'Particular care should be taken in patients with substance abuse history, particularly alcohol dependence'.
'Highly sought after for recreational purposes and in the US and Australia tops the list of drugs used by arrested criminals'.
Looking at the state the poor woman was in the night before she wasn't fit to take aspirin, never mind this 'highly sought after' prescription drug.
As I say,not confirmed yet but what point were you trying to make in your post? That this advances your argument in some way?
I don't think so.
Still a sad loss of a beautiful voice.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 13-02-2012 at 19:03.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:06   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
That's not confirmed yet but-
Xanax(Alprazolam)-Benzodiazepines-
'Require special precautions if used by alcohol or drug dependant individuals'.
'Particular care should be taken in patients with substance abuse history, particularly alcohol dependence'.
'Highly sought after for recreational purposes and in the US and Australia tops the list of drugs used by arrested criminals'.
Looking at the state the poor woman was in the night before she wasn't fit to take aspirin, never mind this 'highly sought after' prescription drug.
As I say,not confirmed yet but what point were you trying to make in your post? That this advances your argument in some way?
I don't think so.
Still a sad loss of a beautiful voice.
I saw those photos of her the night before she died too Gordon, a distant shadow of the once great entertainer
Old 13-02-2012, 19:24   #22
Senior Member+

It happened to Michael Jackson now it looks like it might have happened to her-getting access to a prescription drug which she was in no fit state to be let loose with- perhaps she didn't even get it off a doctor.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 08:28   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It happened to Michael Jackson now it looks like it might have happened to her-getting access to a prescription drug which she was in no fit state to be let loose with- perhaps she didn't even get it off a doctor.
Ya it seems its quite easy to obtain "prescription drugs" in the sates, for these stars money buys you anything including death
Old 14-02-2012, 12:32   #24
Senior Member+

My Point, Well im just agreeing she died due to drug abuse. Prescribed Drugs.
Old 14-02-2012, 17:17   #25
Senior Member+

Xanax and alcohol a real no no. Poor Whitney probably fell asleep in the tub, maybe drowned and/or a heart attack. Shame, she was a talented singer in her day but was obviously totally off the rails recently.
Old 14-02-2012, 17:22   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Positive
Well according to todays Daily Mirror (don't always believe this as fact!) she was taking these prescription medications at time of her death...

Lorazepam - used for anxiety!

Valium - used for anxiety!

Xanax - for panic attacks!

Ibuprofen - pain killer!

Midol - Menstrual cramp treatment!

Amoxicillin - antibiotic for sore throat.

All prescription drugs + alchohol which is legal.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 17:23   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Xanax and alcohol a real no no. Poor Whitney probably fell asleep in the tub, maybe drowned and/or a heart attack. Shame, she was a talented singer in her day but was obviously totally off the rails recently.
There is a point when these type of drugs kick in and you go unconscious and the body has not strength or way of helping itself- if that happend in the bath then you know what happens!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 17:40   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
There is a point when these type of drugs kick in and you go unconscious and the body has not strength or way of helping itself- if that happend in the bath then you know what happens!
Well given your lifelong experience with illicit substances think we'll take your word for, mind you think I'd rather listen to Lindsay, she did work in a dispensing chemist for quite a while
Old 24-02-2012, 02:16   #29
God Member

a candle lit vigil is to be held at the weekend

she may have died from legal drugs but her desire for them came from illigal drugs and besides getting caught with legal drugs dosnt look as bad in the press

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-02-2012 at 02:19.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..