Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2007, 00:37   #1
God Member

riverdance

I saw this when it came to blackpool and thought it was fantastic , just been watching it on telly and didnt realise it had been to so many places.

Nothing better in my eyes ...anyone else seen it/like it????
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2007, 01:10   #2
white rabbits

Re: riverdance

Got a video of it ,, i would love to see it live,,,,
Old 16-03-2007, 02:11   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
Got a video of it ,, i would love to see it live,,,,

think blackpool was its final tour granny , but if they keep pushing it like they do i wouldnt be surprised if it does another one.....
Old 16-03-2007, 10:32   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

something i would love to see also, a few years ago (when china had bird flu) we walked in a little pub i know in an irish village, and these 3 guys were in, they set up and started jamming, brilliant as we were sat on next table,when they had a break i said you should be doing this for a living - they said we do, should have been in china with Riverdance,but the tour has been postponed due to the bird flu, so we are just keeping our hand in, they actually put on a great perfomance for nowt,were really top people and very friendly, so since that night i have always wanted to see the show.- RESPECT.
Old 16-03-2007, 18:42   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I saw it in Manchester probably about 1997/8. It was fantastic....... there's something about men dancing in leather trousers (maybe that's too much info).

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 00:07   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
I saw it in Manchester probably about 1997/8. It was fantastic....... there's something about men dancing in leather trousers (maybe that's too much info).

heehee totally agree lettie... ahermmmm but the music in it and watching the dancin is electric.........
Old 17-03-2007, 00:16   #7
God Member

Just a thought.. do you reckon the peolple that do riverdance could perform just as well if they had no arms?.. or would it affect thier balance?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 08:22   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Just a thought.. do you reckon the peolple that do riverdance could perform just as well if they had no arms?.. or would it affect thier balance?
hey mancie, you pinched my warped mind.
Old 17-03-2007, 19:20   #9
God Member

Just seen it advertised they're coming to Manchester!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 23:54   #10
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
if they dressed in black and white they could double for penguins
Old 18-03-2007, 09:55   #11
Resting in Peace

What is it like exactly Cherokee ?.. never really fancied it, the thought of watching loads of Irish dancing all night (albeit very skilled) bores the pants of me. Think I may be pre-judging though ... do they have other things going on ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 12:25   #12
God Member

its basicly a story katex if you go to this link www.riverdance.com and look at the show section it gives you a rundown of each scene, I found it quite emotional at times , with the sadness, struggle, hardship and joy, it covers everything and finishes with ( well you need to see it ) it effects people differently, I personally came out buzzing for days after and cant wait to see it again...

Scene by Scene
Reel Around The Sun
The Heart's Cry
The Countess Cathleen
Caoineadh Chu Chulainn
Thunderstorm
Shivna
Firedance
Slip into Spring - The Harvest
Riverdance
American Wake
Lift the Wings
The Harbour of the New World
Slow Air, Tunes / Heartland
Riverdance Finale

The Journey

The Boyne

Scene by Scene

Act One
In a primitive and powerful world, our ancestors knew fear and joy and fire, worked wood and stone and water to make a place they could call home. The first peoples knew the world as a place of power. Their songs and dances and stories are negotiations with elemental powers. The first half of this performance shows them coming to terms with the world and with themselves.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..