Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2006, 13:08   #1

Thumbs up Slideshow

hello all,
I'm the bass player in a new accy band called Slideshow.
over the past few months we've been locked away in a room above the Hope and Anchor crafting away at a delectable medley of superfine tunes.
Well folks the time has come to showcase our product.
The band are all locally seasoned musicians with two members ex polestar and pianist and band founder Mick formerly Ten Stone Dead.
The venue of choice is the Attic and the gigs are Saturday 25th Feb.
Saturday 17th march in support of Tom Hingley ex Inspiral Carpets frontman.
Saturday 25th March headlining a local bands night.
all gigs at attic are free entry so come along and give some support to local talent.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2006, 14:29   #2
God Member

Re: Slideshow

I'll be down there both gigs I'll bring all the guys & gals down.
It will be a much welcome break from the crappy bands we have every week on the student night!!
Come on everyone get down there cheap beer great live music...could it get any better?
you lucky lucky people
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 18:41   #3

I would urge anyone to go and see Slideshow, i have seen them practice and i like what i heard!

Well worth a night out...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 17:45   #4

your support is overwhelming spud!!! your now no1 fan.
Old 25-02-2006, 23:43   #5
God Member

absolutely gutted i couldnt make it to the attic tonight (family stuff) was really looking forward to it aswell .
good meetin spud in the stanley bar though; placing a name to a face is always great stuff!

better luck next time eh...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 11:46   #6

What a shame u missed it pal, that was the best local live gig i have seen in many a year!!

Ther's another outing for the lads in a few weeks in't there stanerlee?

Is it at the King St? What date is it me ol' china?
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 12:07   #7

right, first of all thanks to the slide army for turning out. this made the gig all the better with quite a few punters bouncing along.
thanks to spitfire for quality support. the sound was miles better for you than last time.
the next dates are 17th march at the attic and 25th at king st.
Old 24-03-2006, 16:55   #8

we now have a my space site at www.myspace.com/slideshowaccrington visit and enjoy. full gig listing etc.
Old 24-03-2006, 17:06   #9
Junior Member+

Hey, I caught the gig, good vocals as above and its nice to see a Accrington based band.

The only thing I have to say is that you sound similar to all the other bands currently out there now (my opinion, no offence intended ) I know its hard to be original in music these days, but I wish you luck.

Oh are they any other practice slots left above hope and anchor?

Thanks
~Danny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 18:24   #10

danny, no offence taken!!!! if we pleased everyone allthe time then we'd be doing something wrong. As for the Hope, I think you will be struggling as we share the room with "the monkey talks" and accy motorcycle club. have you tried Jackson's farm on Dill Hall Lane.?
Old 24-03-2006, 21:44   #11
Junior Member+

Hey, thanks for the advice that never occured to me, I will check it out as I am mates with the girl who lives their lol

Thanks for the myspace add also.
~Danny~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:24   #12

Right everyone forget your embrace/footy songs ( see the other threads) get to the golden cross at ossy on sat night 1st april . give Slideshow your support and be entertained free of charge in return. we're good.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..