Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2008, 22:19   #1
Super Moderator

So You Lot Like Amy Winehouse?...

...you must be out of your tiny minds!

I'd never thought much of her, but admittedly I'd only heard a couple of her songs, so I thought I'd give her a chance by watching her Glastonbury performance.

As I watched her stumbling through her act, piping away in her flat, weak, toneless voice, I realised that she was far, far worse than even I had imagined.

Obviously, the likes of Aretha, Dusty and Ella leave her standing, but I could name any number of unknown female singers currently toiling away in small clubs who could blow her off stage.

You lot are easily pleased, aren't you?
Old 28-06-2008, 22:26   #2

Re: So You Lot Like Amy Winehouse?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...you must be out of your tiny minds!

I'd never thought much of her, but admittedly I'd only heard a couple of her songs, so I thought I'd give her a chance by watching her Glastonbury performance.

As I watched her stumbling through her act, piping away in her flat, weak, toneless voice, I realised that she was far, far worse than even I had imagined.

Obviously, the likes of Aretha, Dusty and Ella leave her standing, but I could name any number of unknown female singers currently toiling away in small clubs who could blow her off stage.

You lot are easily pleased, aren't you?
I cant be doing with the lass, irrespective of her vocal talents, good or bad. She always looks like she needs a good scrub to me.
Did you see her lash out at anyone as this recent News report suggests - Amy Winehouse 'lashes out' at fan
Old 28-06-2008, 22:45   #3
God Member

Well I hope she wasn't disappointing at Nelson Mandela's birthday
Old 28-06-2008, 22:53   #4
God Member

Never really listened to her can't be doing with how she comes across To many talented people who don't come across as needy deserve to be listened to before her IMHO!!
Old 28-06-2008, 23:03   #5
Give, give, give member

I saw it, and she was appalling, but since it's only a few days ago that she was hospitalised with suspected emphysema, I forgive her. Though personally I think it would have been wiser to cancel her gigs this weekend.

She may have been terrible, but she was sporting the biggest beehive in history, which I applaud.

I worship the divas you mentioned, and I do rate her right up there with them, and she most certainly can sing live, as can be seen from her appearance at Glastonbury last year.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 23:43   #6
Super Moderator

Hmmm...a bit better, but still a silly little girl playing at being a diva.

She couldn't hold a candle to THIS lady...

Old 28-06-2008, 23:49   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm with wynonie on this to me shes n over-rated slapper.
Old 29-06-2008, 00:42   #8
God Member

No comparison is there?? Think I must have missed something if folks think Amy Winehouse can sing!!!!
Old 29-06-2008, 01:26   #9
God Member

Come on you are getting carried away..who said she was as good as the singers mentioned? but she is entertianing and her musical tastes do come from a period in music you people like... I thinks it's a case of some people trying to bring back the greats..get over it .. they are all dead!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 10:41   #10
Resting in Peace

Her stage performance is awful she jumps about like she has ants in her pants, and I agree sh looks like she needs a good scrub, that Tattoos don't help either, don't know why people rave about her, so at the mandella concert she was pathetic
Old 29-06-2008, 10:59   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Come on you are getting carried away..who said she was as good as the singers mentioned? but she is entertianing and her musical tastes do come from a period in music you people like... I thinks it's a case of some people trying to bring back the greats..get over it .. they are all dead!
think ya had 1 too many when ya posted that mancie. theres plenty great " Female" voices still around, some may be knockin on a bit,but can still do the business, probably a few of em will still be batting when that useless article is long gone.
Old 29-06-2008, 11:08   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think ya had 1 too many when ya posted that mancie. theres plenty great " Female" voices still around, some may be knockin on a bit,but can still do the business, probably a few of em will still be batting when that useless article is long gone.
janis joplin..long gone..

maggie bell..sweet as hell

im with the other to old guys amys swinehouse

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 11:20   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Can I just ask, who is 'you lot'?

Am I part of 'you lot', or am I to be excused because I haven't paid her much attention?

Music is a different thing to all of us, there are many types that I do enjoy and there are others that have me reaching for the off switch on my radio.

If someone enjoys a different type of music to mine, that doesn't automatically mean it isn't music it just means it isn't to my taste.

If however I am to be lumped into the generalisation of 'you lot', am I to take it that this is because I enjoy a wide range of 'good' music or because I obviously wouldn't know a good tune even if I listened at 120 decibels?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 12:50   #14
Super Moderator

By "you lot" I meant the many Accywebbers who rate Winehouse.

If you haven't paid her much attention you've had a lucky escape!
Old 29-06-2008, 19:31   #15
Senior Member+

Caught a bit of her on Glastonbury last night, I kept expecting her to fall over being as she couldn't walk in a straight line.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..