Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 13:11   #16
Senior Member+

Re: the Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Was that at the imperial Beechy?
the nelson imp back in the early sixties
all the greats of the time played there

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2008, 13:13   #17
Senior Member+

Ive heard loads of stories about it..a big revolving circular stage and i hears that Stevie Wonder didnt know it revolved and fell off lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 14:38   #18
God Member

The Stones for me..........The Beatles, esp McCartney get right on my nerves and are very much over exposed thanx to most modern bands thinking they ARE The Beatles....I can`t deny the influence they have had and some of the tunes are classics but as it personal choice....THE STONES for me
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 14:57   #19
Senior Member+

i do like the beatles' music but now keen on the actual band.we studied the beatles in college (specifically their harmonys)

I am grateful to the stones for influencing my favourite band

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 08-07-2008, 15:04   #20
God Member

Quote:
i do like the beatles' music but now keen on the actual band.we studied the beatles in college (specifically their harmonys)

I am grateful to the stones for influencing my favourite band
The Beatles' harmonies were awful compared to one of my favourite bands - the Eagles

& Poco.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 15:08   #21
Senior Member+

the beatles harmonies were easy to do............ in harmony and counterpoint we were given pieces of music with the harmonies taken out and we were told to harmonise in the style of beethoven,bach, the beatles lol etc........

Old 08-07-2008, 19:06   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
the beatles harmonies were easy to do............ in harmony and counterpoint we were given pieces of music with the harmonies taken out and we were told to harmonise in the style of beethoven,bach, the beatles lol etc........
for harmonies ..read.. everly bros..platters..ink spots..andrew sisters

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 19:51   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Always been a huge Beatles fan but I think that's just down to personal preference. The Stones are a better band.

Got no respect for them as people though - complete sell outs after the Bittersweet Symphony incident.
Wasn't anything to do with the band. ABKCO and Andrew Loog Oldham were doing the suing - ABKCO because they own the publishing rights (and not the Stones) Oldham was suing because it's his Orchestra that's playing on the Verve's classic song.
PressPlay2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 20:03   #24

PressPlay2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 00:10   #25
white rabbits

Oh give me The Rolling Stones everytime,,,even the slow songs like Lady Jane were great..but the fast ones were brilliant
Old 19-09-2008, 14:06   #26
Junior Member+

While my guitar gently weeps.
Something
Here comes the sun
Taxman
Not bad for the third best song writer in a band
BoNowHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 14:43   #27
Beacon of light

Beatles for me.....liked the Kinks too......Eagles were another of my favourites......Everley Bros......they were all melodic music makes.
I didn't like the Stones......and Elvis really gave me the pips(and still does)!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 16:22   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Beatles for me.....liked the Kinks too......Eagles were another of my favourites......Everley Bros......they were all melodic music makes.
I didn't like the Stones......and Elvis really gave me the pips(and still does)!
At last somebody else who doesn't like Elvis, never did out for me, as for the groups, I liked both the Beatles and the Stones, together with lots of others from around tha time Hollies, Searchers, Mersey Beats, Cream, The Move, Small Faces, could go on forever
Old 19-09-2008, 20:22   #29
Passed away 25-11-09

I think most people here know I like Elvis.

I like the Beatles too, love the Beachboys and the Four Seasons; lots of 50s and 60s music I enjoy but I have very wide-ranging tastes in music, particularly from the 20s, 30s and 40s. I'm a Big Band fanatic, especially Glenn Miller but, anyone ever listened to Jimmie Rodgers (the original - the "Singing Brakeman" - died of TB in 1933)? What about Big Bill Broonzy? Sticking my neck out, here, with a clip of Big Bill - this is real guitar blues.

Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread. Of the 2, I much prefer the Beatles.
Old 20-09-2008, 08:05   #30
God Member

the stones everytime their first album took music to a new level.the stones have influenced most musicians in britain from primal scream to david gray and im still finding gems off their albums now....ive just found a cover they did of just my imagination by the temptations it takes the song to a new level..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..