Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 21:00   #31
God Member

Re: The Masterplan

Meerkat, Noel Gallagher does not support New Labour at all. He went to number 10 for the free food & because he was using copious amounts of drugs at the time.
Similarly, when he made his famous "Tony Blair will make this country better" speech at the Brits, he was on E.
Personally I think he comes across as very funny and very honest in his interviews, which can only be a good thing.
Oasis didn't ask to be part of Cool Britannia or Britpop or anything like that. That's the media's doing.
So, down to the music it is. For me, it's honest & effortlessly (aside from Be Here Now & Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants....eurgh) great music.
Music is too full of idiots trying to put the meaning of life into 4 minutes. Oasis just make good music & leave the epic literary attempts to people like Embrace.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54   #32

ill pop back tomorrow im really p*ssed and cant think of anything constructive to say less im glad you dont think the new labour thing is positive.
salome
meerkat
meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 22:56   #33
Senior Member+

lol shakermaker-- See this is why I remembered you being an oasis fan

Man I was really 'that person' back then. 6 years or so later and I feel so much older and so much more miserable. I almost wish I still had that pretentious part of me there still. I would be playing guitar and writing songs right now instead of writing this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Firstly, Oasis said they wouldn't sign on to Sony again.
Sony are not 'getting rid'.
Secondly, if Sony thought they were rubbish, they would not be releasing their best of to cash in before they leave their contract.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..