Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 20:42   #901
Super Moderator

Re: What song/music/muzak are you listening to right now?

"Nuggets" - a compilation of mid-60's American garage bands. This is the real deal...makes the White Stripes sound like the Osmonds.
Old 13-07-2006, 14:22   #902
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Jay @ the Americans cd, best 60s group NEVER to chart in the U.K. up tempo version of cara mia on now absolute gem.
Old 15-07-2006, 19:12   #903

Piano Man - The Very Best Of Billy Joel. Great Albumn. As I write "It's Still Rock n Roll to me" is playing. Pure class.
Old 15-07-2006, 21:49   #904
God Member

The Beatles - Help! album, Dizzy Miss Lizzie has just started
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2006, 07:51   #905
Super Moderator

Shakey, grab an earful of the original "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" by the mighty Larry Williams - rock 'n' roll genius. Beats the fab four anyday!

Currently listening to "I Fought The Law" - Bobby Fuller Four (which likewise beats the Clash cover version into a cocked hat!).

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 16-07-2006 at 07:54.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2006, 08:59   #906
Resting in Peace

Not listening to music, but put in the free DVD from the Daily Mail ... learn Italian in a week !.. sorta musical 'aint it. Wait for it by next week might be able to post in Italian or speak seductively to all those lovely Italian waiters at Tiggers and Francos.

Hey .. Bon journo .. before 1o'clock. Good morning
or Chow ... to friends. Hello.

See working already .. tee hee.

Last edited by katex; 16-07-2006 at 09:03.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2006, 10:47   #907
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

amore, capone, cornetto, see i'm fluent without the mail cd, by the way i'm listening to a bit of dino at the moment.
Old 16-07-2006, 10:51   #908
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Shakey, grab an earful of the original "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" by the mighty Larry Williams - rock 'n' roll genius. Beats the fab four anyday!

Currently listening to "I Fought The Law" - Bobby Fuller Four (which likewise beats the Clash cover version into a cocked hat!).
bobby fuller just listened to it pre dino, a strange tale came out long ago about the demise of bobby apparently cause of death was Petrol which was poured down his throat,by obviously someone who didn,t like him much.
Old 16-07-2006, 11:20   #909
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Bob Lumen- The Great Snowman, not many will know this one a Real Class record, (wyn) should remember, another artist who was hardly known on these shores, but what a rockabilly merchant he was.
Old 16-07-2006, 14:29   #910
Super Moderator

You've got me there, Mr C. The only tune I've heard by ole Bob is "Let's Think About Living". However, knowing your impeccable taste, I shall seek it out with all due haste!
Old 16-07-2006, 20:54   #911
Super Moderator

Stupidity - Kingsize Taylor & the Dominoes...this was a number one record in Germany in the early 60's and I'm not surprised. This guy was the best vocalist to come out of the Merseybeat scene, bar none!

What's that you say? John?...John who??
Old 16-07-2006, 20:54   #912
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
You've got me there, Mr C. The only tune I've heard by ole Bob is "Let's Think About Living". However, knowing your impeccable taste, I shall seek it out with all due haste!
its actually a slower one wyn,but what a classic, have an album of bob but snowmans not on it but have 2 copies of the single somewhere, was requested quite a bit when i was a busy bee.lol
Old 16-07-2006, 20:57   #913
Super Moderator

Right, Mr C, I'm on the case already. Thanks for the tip off!
Old 18-07-2006, 19:45   #914
Super Moderator

Shame, Shame, Shame - Smiley Lewis on a nice shiny 45 that I just picked up off ebay. Top rhythm & blues/rock 'n' roll side that featured in the 1958 film "Baby Doll" featuring Carol Baker. Just played it ten times in a row...killer, killer, killer tune! Mr C, Al, give it a listen!
Old 18-07-2006, 20:03   #915

We have just been playing a Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee tape dont know if thats quite your sort of thing, I am probaly just showing my age.
Does any one remember Clarance Frogman Henry? or have I gone too far.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..