Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2004, 03:23   #1
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Whats your favourite band?

Hey Anyone Wants To Lets See Who Likes What Round Here Jus Reply With Ur Fav Group Artist Whatever
shadowman584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2004, 14:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Whats your favourite band?

Girls Aloud... :engsmil:
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 05:46   #3

would be one of a few as in new order , stone roses or any mix by judge jules or tiesto
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 12:25   #4

right now i think alice cooper wins my vote
that or the hives
Old 20-11-2004, 12:39   #5
I am Band

I was really looking forward to seeing Paul Weller, at Manchester Apollo, last Tuesday evening. Unfortunately, he cried off from his British and Irish tour at the last minute, with a nasty breed of tonsilitis.
Weller has been something of a musical hero of mine, ever since my schooldays, as lead singer and songwriter with The Jam.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 00:42   #6
Junior Member+

well im a fan of alot of artists my household has almost every type of sounds playing in it, we have about 5 stereos in the whole house lol.
at the moment the sounds are from the old days with the cool guitar sounds, like doobie brothers n the eagles n stuff like metallica a bit of black sabbath it ranges from many all the way up to natural today stuff
Old 24-11-2004, 10:43   #7

Hi Shadowman,

My wife and I have just bought tickets to see the Eagles in Jacksonville next March on their final tour. I've never seen them live and am really looking forward to it.

cheers,

JohnW

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 20:22   #8
Senior Member+

At the moment its either Snow Patrol/Keane/Embrace....

As for all time favourite it's got to be Oasis
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 11:13   #9
Junior Member+

cool i would love to go see them live that would be awesome, ya dont see much bands live over here in nz though, alot of those bands r quite scarce unless they are in high demand at the time, but we still have some of them come through there was a concert not too long ago which was pretty good
Old 25-11-2004, 17:09   #10
land of hope and glory

ANY BAND THAT PLAYS INSTRUMENTS the rest can go and jump!remember the bands of the sixties, brill you can hear what they sing and also what they played. nowt like a good live music sesh.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 18:41   #11
Senior Member+

Just remember this - The Beatles were a boy band!!!

My son likes Busted and more recently, McFly.

I am listening at the moment to Eminem, but I like lots of things musical. Nelly, Christina Milian (and not just for her musical talents, if any!), Erasure, Alexander O'Neal and most other 80s stuff.
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 20:16   #12
land of hope and glory

Talking Re: Whats your favourite band?

Just remember this - The Beatles were a boy band!!!
i was younger than them,but it doesnt stop me apprieciating the shadows,the who,jim reeves,little eva,etc.....etc...etc... endless.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 20:28   #13
Full Member+

Wink Re: Whats your favourite band?

Amsterdam....straight out of Ellesmere Port. Great songs, devastating live, new album out in the new year. Their track "Does This Train Stop On Merseyside" moved the late great John Peel to tears. Go to www.amsterdam-music.comfor downloads and background.
Old 25-11-2004, 21:38   #14
Junior Member+

wow i couldnt believe how many genres so many people r into its great, music ackniwledgement i reckon is probly the best way for a conversation because u got sooo much to talk about. I would have to say my favourtie types r ones with a good beat something u can really move to and that lays in many different areas. My old stuff that i totally love though would have to be from good old bill withers though love his slow songs
Old 25-11-2004, 22:01   #15
Senior Member+

The thing about music is that its so emotive.

Play a favourite track and it can take you back years to an experience that you can almost reach out and touch again.

It's not really the same with film. Sure, you may have a favourite, and possibly remember where you first saw it, but I don't think it has the same effect as music, probably because you can do things while you are listening, which is not normally possible if you are watching a film.
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..