Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2008, 18:06   #46
Senior Member+

Re: 1,633

There aren't many L2 clubs who pay for players to be honest. Since the Bosman ruling you don't have to. It's the wages and sweeteners that cost.
Old 23-05-2008, 16:44   #47

[quote=maccawozzagod;579746]and backward numpties like you need to realise that the money isn't there to fuel your spending spree.

A high-profile ex top drawer pro (like Alan Shearer?) may come for next to nowt but he would expect money to be available for his transfer fee's and the wages of the high calibre personnel he would bring with him.[/quote

A backward numpty?
Thats not very nice!!
Who's talking about Shearer and players with big fee's and wages certainly not me!!
What I am saying is I am sick of My club being portrayed as that club from up north with no money and who's supporters are outnumbered by the local sunday league team.
A lot of people will not come to watch a team that constantly lose a club which as nobody with any P.R skills and a website that is updated once a month.
People like you remind me of brain washed idiots who will follow any leader
no matter the harm they do and if anyone dare say anything about that leader they are classed as a numpty.
I have a Degree 3 A' levels and 10 GCSE'S so don't call me a numpty!!!!!
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 17:28   #48

Wink Re: 1,633

[quote=Darwenred1968;580626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
and backward numpties like you need to realise that the money isn't there to fuel your spending spree.

A high-profile ex top drawer pro (like Alan Shearer?) may come for next to nowt but he would expect money to be available for his transfer fee's and the wages of the high calibre personnel he would bring with him.[/quote

A backward numpty?
Thats not very nice!!
Who's talking about Shearer and players with big fee's and wages certainly not me!!
What I am saying is I am sick of My club being portrayed as that club from up north with no money and who's supporters are outnumbered by the local sunday league team.
A lot of people will not come to watch a team that constantly lose a club which as nobody with any P.R skills and a website that is updated once a month.
no matter the harm they do and if anyone dare say anything about that leader they are classed as a numpty.
Thats a lie for a start - no-one in Darwen is that intelligent, and that includes me!!!
Old 23-05-2008, 20:31   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Backward thinking, cloth capped idiots who adore Coleman and company need to wake up
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
and backward numpties like you need to realise that
Quote:
A backward numpty?
Thats not very nice!!
bit of a pot, kettle, black situation going on I reckon

Quote:
I am certainly not brain washed and will knock the club , the players, or the staff if I wish or if I think it may make some sort of difference. What I am is a long time supporter of my town team and one who recognises that the contribution that John Coleman has made to the rich history of our club is second to none. For that I am willing to allow him time to make good the mistakes that he has made. For what tools he has had at his disposal with which to get players in I think he has done a good job. More so considering that I and others think that we should have done better last season. Our club, on paper, should finish bottom of the league every season as we stand at the moment. every point above bottom is testament to the skills of the management team. There is no guarantee that a new man could bring anything else to the table so I wouldn't waste time or money trying to find him.

For somebody as educated as you claim to be you are particularly short sighted in believing that someone new would automatically turn things around. Coley does a good job but could definitely do better. That to me is a good sign.

Quote:

what an appropriate end to your post

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..