Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tonight's game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tonights-game-14566.html)

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 21:15

Tonight's game

Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win
If Altrincham keep playing like that - survival, no problem
If Accrington keep playing like that - errmm

Well cheated

Robaldo 16-08-2005 21:52

Re: Tonight's game

We lost the plot a bit tonight, particularly in the second half.
The points keep a-coming though from these mediocre displays, but more importantly THE CLEAN SHEETS ARE WINNING THE GAMES! Another hard-fought win though; well done lads!

Loved the pause while we all waited for the ref to give the keeper a free-kick, only to find out that it really WAS a goal!

Also loved the Jones, *JONES* song. Inspired! I wonder if he'd take to the nickname Indiana, and the accompanying theme tune.

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 21:53

Who cares if the goal was against run of play or a lucky one?? Its called football. Now you know how we felt when Craney did the same to us at your place when we won the Unibond. The fact of the matter is we've got 6 points from our first two games with clean sheets and youve no goals and sod all points... Do you lot have any strikers on your team??

Ooohhh ZIIIIIING

Boy those grapes are definately sour this evening... HA

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 21:56

"Do you lot have any strikers on your team??"

Do you?

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 22:02

They seem to be more effective than your lot - we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) - how many times did you hit it? And last Saturday??

Bazf 16-08-2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unemployed Coalminer
Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win

Well cheated

Isn't good to get the season underway same as usual carpping on about a loss don't you have your own websites for this crap. If you come on here and post rubbish expect to get slagged off.
look at the table at the end of the year and if by some miracle your still in the conference please come on here and shout about how good you are but with no points and no goals you don't half sound silly.

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) -

Thanks. That's the first time i've laughed since I got home.

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 22:09

No probs - weve all been laughing since 9.30pm... But you seem to have missed my point - the bit you found funny was just an observation - the bit which you chose to ignore was how many times have you hit the net in 180 mins of play?

Outback Ozzy 16-08-2005 22:10

I have to say, as one of those who attended tonight, that ref and liner's were all crap. They DO NOT know the offside rule. Also seemed a bit whistle happy and gave more free kicks to Alty than they deserved/warranted. Most were 50/50 balls at best. Still who cares - if Stanley win 1-0 every game throughout the season - we will be a league club come next August whereas Alty WILL be Conference North again.

harwood red 16-08-2005 22:48

oooo unempcoalminer............ accy jt 2nd awww alty 19th hmmmmmm, early days but if we can get jt 2nd playing like we did.... FAB :) But as we are sure to improve then weyhey :D

Tin Monkey 17-08-2005 06:55

I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about? ;)

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site. :)

Unemployed Coalminer 17-08-2005 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about? ;)

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site. :)

show me where anybody said anything about 3000

KIPAX 17-08-2005 07:48

Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000

Alty all over britain 17-08-2005 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX
Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000

Exactly. your first game in the conference, you forget we've done this all before, your fans should be ashamed of yoursleves, looks at the state of some of you, do they have soap in lancashire? If your so big how come only 200 came to a game 30 miles away?

KIPAX 17-08-2005 08:08

See what i mean.. history and amount of fans is the most important thing on your mind.

Soap? Whats the point in having a wash if we are only going to get dirty again... Ban having a wash is what I say :)