Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2015, 00:13   #1
Senior Member+

2014/15 Prediction League - Game 36 v Burton Albion (away)

Burton Albion

V

Accrington Stanley

2014/15 Prediction League – Game 36; v Burton Albion (away)

They played us at our place on Tuesday 24th February; when they came they were top of League Two (three points above Shrewsbury but with a worse goal difference) and unbeaten in the last, like, 157 years ….we beat them 1-0 with a Josh Windass Special ……..but they stayed top of the League, largely because Shrewsbury and Wycombe didn’t have a game; on the Saturday they hosted Newport (I was going to say “entertained”, but I’m not sure they did) and lost 1-0 again, to a goal with a “stunning volley” from loanee Miles Storey on the hour ……….but they stayed top of the League because Shrewsbury lost 2-1 at home to the Cobblers, and Satanage held Wycombe away; on the Tuesday (3rd March) Shrewsbury robbed us 2-1 (Cheers, Bobby Grant) and went top because Burton didn’t have a game; last Saturday Burton won 1-0 at Hartlepool with a 90th minute goal by new loan signing Florent Cuvelier (now there’s a good honest Staffordshire name!).

Cuvelier – 22, Belgian by birth, a MF by trade, and once of Mouscron, Stoke (where he never played), Sheff Utd, and Port Vale, Walsall and the Posh – came on as a sub on 83 mins and scored after 6 mins 19 on the pitch, having signed on loan from the Blades the day before ………that “broke Hartlepool’s fans’ hearts” (according to the BBC), but it also put Burton back on top, courtesy of Cambridge getting a 90th minute Kaikai equaliser at Shrewsbury, and Wycombe only drawing at Southend …………….so; since we met before, Burton’s record is P3 W1 L2 GF 1 GA 2 Pts 3 ………..pretty bloody average,if you ask me! So now they’re back in the firing line, with even newer signing – Birmingham’s 21-year old MF Callum Reilly – avaiable for selection

Meantime we’ve lost to Luton and Shrewsbury, drawn with Pompey, let James Gray go to Northampton (for whom he nearly scored), and signed two Pemier League club players in striker Jason Gilchrist (Dingle) and defender Lloyd Jones (a Plymouth-born, Liverpudlian non-scouser) from Anfield …………….as the Messiah seems to have said,

“"Defence is probably the one area that we're a bit short in and Lloyd will be a great addition to our squad."

Errr, sorry? Hunt, Liddle, Buxton, Winnard, Conneely, Atkinson, Goulding, Naismith and Mingoia as wing-backs ………….. No offence intended, but who’s he going to replace, and what happens next season, when I doubt he’ll be back again? Nor, indeed, will Jason Gilchrist, surely? So why do we need new arrivals at this point in the season who keep our contracted players warming the bench?

Back to “fastest debut goals” for a minute; starter for ten; (1) who scored the fastest Premier league goal, and how quickly after kick-off, and (2) who scored the fastest ever international goal, who for, how quickly, and against which Country was it? Well, fastest Premier League goal was by that lightening-quick goal-poacher Ledley King (for Spurs v Bradford City) after 9.9 seconds of a 3-3 draw; (b) was Davide Gualtieri after 8.3 seconds of the International between San Marino and ………………….ENGLAND! (who eventually beat San Marino 7-1)

Nowt else to tell you, really; so ……………entries in, please, by scheduled ko (3.00pm on Saturday 14th March) …………….. And:-

Good luck to everyone! …………Keep the faith! …..and thanks for playing!
Redraine likes this.

Last edited by Div3North; 13-03-2015 at 00:22.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2015, 07:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 2014/15 Prediction League - Game 36 v Burton Albion (away)

Will do em 1-0 again i hope.
Old 13-03-2015, 08:29   #3
God Member

Hoping for another 3 points at the Pirelli but realistically would be happy with a draw - oh, sod it 3 - 1 to Stanley please, Windass hat-trick
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 08:51   #4

1-0 Stanley
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 08:53   #5

2 1 Burton please
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 09:51   #6
Senior Member+

1 - 1 please D3N.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 10:21   #7
God Member

Burton Albion 2 - 1 Accrington Stanley, please.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 11:59   #8

Burton 0 Stanley 1 please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 12:08   #9

1- 1 please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 16:01   #10
God Member

3-1 to The Stanley, of course.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 16:29   #11
Senior Member+

I think another 1-0 win for Stanley please. Don't mind who scores, even Mr Crooks!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 16:51   #12
Senior Member+

2-2 will make me pretty happy
Old 13-03-2015, 17:15   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-0 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 13-03-2015, 18:40   #14

1-1 please
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..