Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 19:18   #256

Re: 2014/15 Squad :)

Cameron Belford. Getting a good feeling about this squad.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:59   #257
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Cameron Belford. Getting a good feeling about this squad.
You'll feel even better tonight...Rhino!!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 13:24   #258

Laurence Wilson gone back to Morecambe

Bentley Adds Wilson
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 13:44   #259
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wish him all the best, dependable defender,did a good job fer us when he played.
Old 21-07-2014, 15:59   #260
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Totally agree but would love to see John Parkin in a stanley shirt.
Won't happen though - he just signed for Forest Green
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 22:29   #261
Senior Member+

another ex-league player on mega money at forest green
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 11:30   #262
Senior Member+

Can't blame him, take the money why you can at his age
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 09:01   #263
Senior Member+

Looks like Iain Turner could now be the favourite to be our new number 1 ??

Anyone know how bad Dawber's injury is?? We could also need a new number 2.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 11:03   #264

Talking to his Mum and Dad on Saturday. His knee injury is not as bad as feared at first,he is likely to be out for about three weeks.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 13:22   #265
Senior Member+

I hope the lad recovers quickly,as they say a week is a long time in football and in league two it's more about points than developing players,would hate for him to go back down the pecking order
Old 28-07-2014, 19:58   #266
God Member

Glad to hear Mr Dawber's injury is not as bad as first feared. When I saw it 'live' (from distance) I thought there'd been a collision with the Rovers' lad who scored but the video suggested he twisted his knee trying to recover the situation.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 23:06   #267
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I hope the lad recovers quickly,as they say a week is a long time in football and in league two it's more about points than developing players,would hate for him to go back down the pecking order
Need to get loaned out hes not L/2 standard yet and B/Burn game proved it imho
DAV007 likes this.
Old 29-07-2014, 07:04   #268
Senior Member+

Can't agree mab.
He's obviously been schooled (at utd etc..),the modern way of goalkeeping.
You become a sweeper,so you have to be comfortable with the ball at your feet,can pass it,throw it and quick over the ground.
He's a decent shot stopper too, the only thing he needs to work on his catching/punching crosses which will come with experience (he not scared to come for balls).
I have seen loads of keepers at his age (a lot playing top level) and he's just as good if not better at the same age.
It's league experience he needs,not counties football.
I do get frustrated at your typical league two keepers,get the ball,push your defence upto the half way line and boot it!
For all the people who criticised him,get rovers tv and watch the full match,you will get what I am saying.
Old 29-07-2014, 08:57   #269
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: 2014/15 Squad :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Can't agree mab.
He's obviously been schooled (at utd etc..),the modern way of goalkeeping.
You become a sweeper,so you have to be comfortable with the ball at your feet,can pass it,throw it and quick over the ground.
He's a decent shot stopper too, the only thing he needs to work on his catching/punching crosses which will come with experience (he not scared to come for balls).
I have seen loads of keepers at his age (a lot playing top level) and he's just as good if not better at the same age.
It's league experience he needs,not counties football.
I do get frustrated at your typical league two keepers,get the ball,push your defence upto the half way line and boot it!
For all the people who criticised him,get rovers tv and watch the full match,you will get what I am saying.
The modern way of goalkeeping! What a load of rubbish. The only thing a goalie needs to do is keep the ball out of the net! Anything else is a bonus. Did you not see Ian Turner's goal for Preston when he hoofed it down the pitch? Give me that anytime over a dodgy outfield sweeper/goalie.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 09:18   #270
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The modern way of goalkeeping! What a load of rubbish. The only thing a goalie needs to do is keep the ball out of the net! Anything else is a bonus. Did you not see Ian Turner's goal for Preston when he hoofed it down the pitch? Give me that anytime over a dodgy outfield sweeper/goalie.
The modern way is just B.S.imho, But as far as just keeping ball out of net,cannot agree at all, Bavs was always a damn good shot stopper, but to me the rest of his game was abysmal. if thats case then the pressure yer placed under creates more chances fer opposition, plus dont inspire the defenders.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..