Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2022, 10:56   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 32 v Oxford United (home)

All Change At The Top As Pragmatists Miss Out

Oh it's so much more fun doing this when Stanley have won and I've landed a maxi - but enough about me .....

Well, of Saturday night's Top Ten, only Cashman, Stevie R and Kiwi John kept the faith last night . And Cashy was duly rewarded with a maxi which took him back to the top of the pile from 5th place, leading by 2 from pointless Shurm and 4 from equally pointless Mike A, Monkey Hanger and Nige B.

The only other maxis fell to me (did I mention that already ) and my partner in crime Div3North , which might be grounds for an enquiry if it wasn't for the fact that my resulting meteoric rise was from 22nd to 21st , and his from 26th to 24th .

Kiwi's 3 points lifted him from 8th to 7th, while 3 for Stevie left him in 6th, now only a point off the podium. 4 for AccyTom18 saw him up from 13th to 10th, evicting Valairian from the elite.

The faithless 8 and undecided 4 gained one point amongst the lot of them (Tommy McQueen for 2 all) and dropped a couple of places on average. The faithful (3 with maxis, including me , did I mention ), 7 with 4 points and 3 with 3, duly took advantage, but as we mostly sit together in middle-to-bottom of the table places, the drama was comparatively limited.

So, a somewhat unexpected and hugely welcome home win against strong promotion challengers is to be followed by another home game against long-term basement residents - why is my heart not leaping? Roll on the Alex, please remember this is not the time to find some form .....

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 220208 - 8 Feb 22.doc (76.0 KB, 9 views)
Div3North and Stevie R like this.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:59   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 2021/22 Prediction League; Game 32 v Oxford United (home)

have to say it was not unexpected to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..