Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Barry dingle kilby (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/barry-dingle-kilby-22293.html)

accyred&blue 09-06-2006 20:07

Barry dingle kilby

Moanin about police deciding to put stanley & the yorkshire team at home on the same days. poor yorkshire team might loose many accringtonian clarets but i doubt it as records show attendances up vastly when rovers are not playin and when the yorkshire team are not playin slight increase. Police made a good decision on policing grounds. The reds will benefit from this though

bob lord who??:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:

John_Timmins 09-06-2006 20:25

Re: Barry dingle kilby

the thing wat he was saying though was a good one, with rovers in europe they will be playing mid week games this means that alot of their saturday games are moved to a sunday therefore it could have been better for stanley to play at the same time as rovers as then the people would have been able to go to both......only problem with that is that rovers will probably get knocked out by some polish team weve never heard of in first round and then be playing back on a saturday :)

BLACKBURN RAVER 09-06-2006 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Timmins
therefore it could have been better for stanley to play at the same time as rovers as then the people would have been able to go to both.

.....only problem with that is that rovers will probably get knocked out by some polish team weve never heard of in first round and then be playing back on a saturday :)

bloody hell they would be have to be good to do that dont you think !! i mean being in two places at the eame time .....WOW...:D

no doubt eh but at least we were there :p

Diesel 09-06-2006 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
bloody hell they would be have to be good to do that dont you think !! i mean being in two places at the eame time .....WOW...:D

no doubt eh but at least we were there :p

Anybody else notice the past tense?

FC. 09-06-2006 21:12

Its Stanley who will lose out on aproximately £100k as reported.

accyred&blue 09-06-2006 21:44

well how much would it be with the tables turned ? 300k

Kilby is sulking for his own club purposes he is scared of losing accy based clarets.

:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:

FC. 09-06-2006 21:55

Why worry about how much Burnley will lose. They are both fighing the same case, Stanley will lose £100k in revenue. Mr Whalley and Kilby are trying to do the best for both clubs, which is for Rovers and Accy to play on the same weekend. As we all know there is more Burnley fans who come to watch Accy than Rovers.

cashman 09-06-2006 23:04

Quote:

the thing wat he was saying though was a good one, with rovers in europe they will be playing mid week games this means that alot of their saturday games are moved to a sunday therefore it could have been better for stanley to play at the same time as rovers as then the people would have been able to go to both......only problem with that is that rovers will probably get knocked out by some polish team weve never heard of in first round and then be playing back on a saturday :)

after watching the polish national side tonight john i doubt it.:)

BLACKBURN RAVER 10-06-2006 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
Anybody else notice the past tense?

oooooops how on earth did a manage that eh !!!!!

oh well not to worry i knew what i meant and sometimes my engwish aint wot it shud b :D

Wynonie Harris 10-06-2006 08:47

Think it would've been better if Stanley were playing at home when Rovers were playing on Sunday due to mid-week commitments, as the fixture would've been the only league match in North East Lancs on the day and, as such, an attractive proposition to casual fans. Can't see where this £100,000 figure has come from, though. How can anybody possibly work that out? If this decision stands, I can see the club trying to arrange a few Friday night matches.

Outback Ozzy 10-06-2006 10:53

I think we will find that a lot of the footballing decisions on when to play will be taken out of our hands now we are a league team! The police WILL have to be involved in all decisions and having read the story, I can see the police point of view, but in the case of all local derbies, or clashes in fixtures (which is bound to happen at some point), could they not detach in from another area for the day? After all - aren't they supposed to be Lancashire Police, not Eastern and Pennine areas as seperate forces. Lancashire consists of 6 areas of which only 4 have league teams, Pennine (Burnley) Eastern (Stanley and Rovers), Central (PNE) and Fylde (Blackpool) - surely then the other 2 areas can assist or if the worst came to the worst, mutual assistance with forces outside Lancashire (much as the Fire Service do). Cannot see Stanley needing that many police on duty as I should think most of our matches will be Cat C with the odd Cat B and A when more policing will be required. Though the figure of 100k being banded around is just pure guess work from the revenue potentially lost by supporters going to one match rather than two.

big al 10-06-2006 21:02

Quote:

......only problem with that is that rovers will probably get knocked out by some polish team weve never heard of in first round and then be playing back on a saturday :)

Better than playing in Russia & having fisticuffs with each other!!!!http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...ons/icon10.gif

JEFF 12-06-2006 12:01

Quote:

Can't see where this £100,000 figure has come from, though.
If we were to get an extra 350 people to each home game that would be £4550 extra at least. We will have 23 home games next season so that works out at £104650.

Wynonie Harris 12-06-2006 13:41

The figure has already been downsized to £70,000, so I think there's a fair bit of guesswork involved. Still, a lot money for a club of Stanley's size to lose.

FC. 12-06-2006 18:13

Can you still not see where this figure has come from :)