Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2007, 20:30   #16
Full Member+

Re: 2br crossbar challenge

'twas funny. He really celebrated like a mad man when he hit it on the second attempt. Pressure must have been enormous! :P

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2007, 21:21   #17

That second one had to be a fluke. He barely got it off the floor in the other two!
StockportJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 22:37   #18

looked liek he toe pooked hte 2nd one but he did well though
Old 17-02-2007, 23:17   #19
Resting in Peace

When I started to read my programme I realised there was no ticket anywhere inside so went back to the seller who said "Oh they forgot to put 'em in - someone will come round later with them!" What the heck was that all about?
Of course I never got a ticket - anyone else got mugged like me? Certain I would have won the grand.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 03:29   #20

I didn`t get a ticket with my prog either, but looked on it as a lucky escape from embarrasing myself in front of the Ultras.

It was great when his second shot hit, everyone`s attitude totally changed and were willing him to do it. Something to tell his grandchildren.

"shot hit" good job I didn`t do a typo on that bit

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 08:32   #21

How come they needed to film it for 'insurance' purposes?!

The County fans were laughing at first when he hit it straight along the ground, but when he hit it on the second attempt we were all willing him to do it and clapped him off.

It's a hard thing to do, the footballs they use are quite hard aswell so its toug to get them that high over that length a distance.
StockportJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:42   #22
I am Banned

I got a programme but i got no ticket either as much as a grand would be very useful, i dunno whether i was relieived as i'd be too nervous to take one & fluff up badly in front of everyone - phew
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 12:00   #23

The programme seller should have given you a ticket when you bought your programme, but there was only me and my dad giving them out. They forgot to give them to the lads behind the goals! Hopefully it will be a bit better organised next time and everyone will get a ticket. I would love to give it a go - but wonder if Eric would let me on the pitch with stilletos!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 12:55   #24
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
but wonder if Eric would let me on the pitch with stilletos!
You’d be alright in stilettos Kisser, it’ll help with the drainage, have you never seen the lads giving it a good forking. (sorry).

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 13:08   #25
God Member

The lad at the Crown steps was giving them out when it was quiet but nearer kick off when queues were forming it was too hard to rip them off quickly enough, so a few would have been missed there.
Old 18-02-2007, 16:41   #26
Resting in Peace

My seller was just inside the Clayton end turnstile and no sign of any tickets at all
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 16:53   #27

Quality entertainment...!!!

Well worth the 540 mile round trip, spec when the poor lad was greeted with a rendition of "Strawberry blonde, your havin a laugh". Brightened up my day, result not so good tho'. Stockport look a quality side although I thought Stanley didn't really get hold of midfield and keep the ball untill Toddy came on and got amongst 'em a bit, Tony Grant wasted too many balls for me, but thats my opinion. Interesting to see Coley's comments in one of National papers admitting that he got his formation wrong, good on him.!!

Laters

Tractorboy Red

ps Has Stanley Store got any bigger shorts for Rogers..???
Marty71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 17:00   #28
I am Banned

Hahahahahahahehe omg dont remind me of Rogers shorts they were a bit see thro weren't they not a pretty sight LOL!!!
Old 18-02-2007, 17:39   #29
God Member

I wondered what you were smiling at Mel!!!

might put a request in for some Rogers shorts.... might make Mrs Macca smile a bit more.
Old 18-02-2007, 17:46   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I wondered what you were smiling at Mel!!!

might put a request in for some Rogers shorts.... might make Mrs Macca smile a bit more.
Smiling i was & he hasn't got the bum for it LOL [awaits for Pete & Doug to fill ya in on that convo us girlies were having hehehehehe ]

u could always ask him Macca

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..