Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   3 expected to sign (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/3-expected-to-sign-30914.html)

BTLawson 20-05-2007 13:35

3 expected to sign

Cav signs, three more to follow this week
http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/g...r_cavanagh.jpg
Stanley captain Peter Cavanagh has agreed a one year deal, keeping him at the Fraser Eagle Stadium for a further year. The 26 year old full back joined Stanley in August 2001 after being released by Liverpool, where he had spent 10 years as a schoolboy, trainee and then pro. He has made 247 appearances for Stanley, scoring 18 goals.

Further squad news will be announced in the next 24 hours, with John Coleman expected to unveil the signing of a midfielder and striker tomorrow morning, both with Football League experience. Finally there will also be news of Stanley's first professional signing from the Fraser Eagle youth education programme.

Does anyone have any ideas who the midfield player could be?

MikeA 20-05-2007 15:01

Re: 3 expected to sign

Funny that. It says exactly the same on the fishy site!

Tin Monkey 20-05-2007 15:25

That's what I was thinking. Saves me looking at the official site when somebody just copies off there.

BTLawson 20-05-2007 15:35

Thats cos it is. Did you also read the question about who the midfielder is? I dont c that on the official site. Anyway cud it be Branch from Burnley

ZOMBIE 20-05-2007 15:51

The official site is copyrighted and it is wrong to just lift stuff off there, especially when you don't even give credit to the original source. A link to the original source would have been acceptable.

In a previous thread I asked you to read the T&Cs of the forum before posting, especially the bit about using text-speak. You seem to have ignored this, as you are continuing to do so. Please try to follow the fairly simple guidelines. Thanks.

VitalStanley 20-05-2007 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTLawson (Post 427453)
Anyway cud it be Branch from Burnley

:cool: Yes it could. :cool:

BTLawson 20-05-2007 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMBIE (Post 427462)
The official site is copyrighted and it is wrong to just lift stuff off there, especially when you don't even give credit to the original source. A link to the original source would have been acceptable.

In a previous thread I asked you to read the T&Cs of the forum before posting, especially the bit about using text-speak. You seem to have ignored this, as you are continuing to do so. Please try to follow the fairly simple guidelines. Thanks.

Sorry for that mate. Could someone please explain how to do a link. I thought it would be ok as I did leave it in the same format and used a different font for the question. I hope you'll accept my apology.

ZOMBIE 20-05-2007 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTLawson (Post 427496)
Sorry for that mate. Could someone please explain how to do a link. I thought it would be ok as I did leave it in the same format and used a different font for the question. I hope you'll accept my apology.

No problem at all. Cheers :D

To do a link either copy and paste it from the address bar, or just type it in and the forum automatically converts it to a clickable link e.g. www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

K.S.H 20-05-2007 19:03

OR write the text you want to be a link, highlight it by clicking and dragging your mouse across it then press the blue globe button (above the text box you write in) and insert the web address in there, it will give you THIS

BTLawson 20-05-2007 19:05

Thanks. Will remember that for the future. It was a genuine mistake and I wasn't trying to gain anything from it. Graham Branch would be a great signing - hope he is the midfielder. What about the striker though?

Tin Monkey 20-05-2007 19:10

I think Branch could still do a job, especially with Harris and Procter running round in midfield.

lancsdave 20-05-2007 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 427509)
I think Branch could still do a job, especially with Harris and Procter running round in midfield.

The good thing about Branch is that he is very versatile. While primarily a left sided player, midfield or left back, he could fill in at centre half if required, he's good in the air. I think the only position he never occupied at Burnley was manager :D

VitalStanley 20-05-2007 20:59

You forgot striker ;-) I recon he could score us a fair few goals if he started upfront alongside Mullin

BTLawson 20-05-2007 21:23

I hope the striker is Hector Sam but I doubt it will be him. He did look a decent player when we played them. He is a free agent too. The link works :)

cmonstanley 20-05-2007 21:42

look at transfer rumours thread