Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2007, 13:35   #1

3 expected to sign

Cav signs, three more to follow this week
Stanley captain Peter Cavanagh has agreed a one year deal, keeping him at the Fraser Eagle Stadium for a further year. The 26 year old full back joined Stanley in August 2001 after being released by Liverpool, where he had spent 10 years as a schoolboy, trainee and then pro. He has made 247 appearances for Stanley, scoring 18 goals.

Further squad news will be announced in the next 24 hours, with John Coleman expected to unveil the signing of a midfielder and striker tomorrow morning, both with Football League experience. Finally there will also be news of Stanley's first professional signing from the Fraser Eagle youth education programme.

Does anyone have any ideas who the midfield player could be?
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2007, 15:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 3 expected to sign

Funny that. It says exactly the same on the fishy site!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 15:25   #3
Senior Member+

That's what I was thinking. Saves me looking at the official site when somebody just copies off there.
Old 20-05-2007, 15:35   #4

Thats cos it is. Did you also read the question about who the midfielder is? I dont c that on the official site. Anyway cud it be Branch from Burnley
Old 20-05-2007, 15:51   #5

The official site is copyrighted and it is wrong to just lift stuff off there, especially when you don't even give credit to the original source. A link to the original source would have been acceptable.

In a previous thread I asked you to read the T&Cs of the forum before posting, especially the bit about using text-speak. You seem to have ignored this, as you are continuing to do so. Please try to follow the fairly simple guidelines. Thanks.
Old 20-05-2007, 18:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLawson View Post
Anyway cud it be Branch from Burnley
Yes it could.

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 18:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE View Post
The official site is copyrighted and it is wrong to just lift stuff off there, especially when you don't even give credit to the original source. A link to the original source would have been acceptable.

In a previous thread I asked you to read the T&Cs of the forum before posting, especially the bit about using text-speak. You seem to have ignored this, as you are continuing to do so. Please try to follow the fairly simple guidelines. Thanks.
Sorry for that mate. Could someone please explain how to do a link. I thought it would be ok as I did leave it in the same format and used a different font for the question. I hope you'll accept my apology.
Old 20-05-2007, 18:58   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLawson View Post
Sorry for that mate. Could someone please explain how to do a link. I thought it would be ok as I did leave it in the same format and used a different font for the question. I hope you'll accept my apology.
No problem at all. Cheers

To do a link either copy and paste it from the address bar, or just type it in and the forum automatically converts it to a clickable link e.g. www.accringtonstanley.co.uk
Old 20-05-2007, 19:03   #9
God Member

OR write the text you want to be a link, highlight it by clicking and dragging your mouse across it then press the blue globe button (above the text box you write in) and insert the web address in there, it will give you THIS

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 19:05   #10

Thanks. Will remember that for the future. It was a genuine mistake and I wasn't trying to gain anything from it. Graham Branch would be a great signing - hope he is the midfielder. What about the striker though?
Old 20-05-2007, 19:10   #11
Senior Member+

I think Branch could still do a job, especially with Harris and Procter running round in midfield.
Old 20-05-2007, 19:12   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I think Branch could still do a job, especially with Harris and Procter running round in midfield.

The good thing about Branch is that he is very versatile. While primarily a left sided player, midfield or left back, he could fill in at centre half if required, he's good in the air. I think the only position he never occupied at Burnley was manager
Old 20-05-2007, 20:59   #13

You forgot striker ;-) I recon he could score us a fair few goals if he started upfront alongside Mullin

e: [email protected]
w: accrington.vitalfootball.co.uk
VitalStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2007, 21:23   #14

I hope the striker is Hector Sam but I doubt it will be him. He did look a decent player when we played them. He is a free agent too. The link works
Old 20-05-2007, 21:42   #15
God Member

look at transfer rumours thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..