Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Some answers to all those questions your asking... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/some-answers-to-all-those-questions-your-asking-31746.html)

LewCarroll 28-06-2007 16:08

Some answers to all those questions your asking...

Hi guys,

Finally got round to posting some information and to help you chaps out. These two weeks have been mayhem and theres nowt like jumping it at the deep end.

I caught up with mr russell this week and hopefully sorted just a few things out. Thought I might aswell join in and tell the rest of you the current news.

Firstly yeah I do have a cacky name, don't think I've not heard them before, still most people remember it though..

Yes the roof will cover the entire stand side to side and front to back. and will have the same red girders to blend in. The whinney hill terrace will be a year or two off yet but is in the pipeline trust me.

Believe it or not the main reason I'm here as commercial manager is to become a link between you and the club. If you have spoke to me already you will know that I will reply, the accesability to club has been tough previously, however I get paid to make supporting accrington fun again whatever form that may be. Rest assured the club will be more open.

The player shirts not being sent out, is something I have inherited, however anyone who did sponsor a shirt, and has contacted me will tell you, they now have it. so don't think the fiasco will happen again. because it won't.

Smoking will be banned anywhere on the ground, outside, go for your life. If as I read in thread earlier we lose you as a fan, fine, find a club where you can smoke, because there won't be any. I smoke, day in day out, I don't mind going outside, fair enough really, don't really want my nephew to watch breathing it in, there will be provisions don't worry.

Essay nearly over, just want to say, If any of you for any reason want to talk to me about any issue, no problems ,email me at [email protected]

and yeah sarah, I remember those days at peel park.

lancsdave 28-06-2007 17:11

Re: Some answers to all those questions your asking...

Can I ask if the under 12 free admission can be extended to VIP visitors from other clubs who are guests of Stanley fans for the day :D

LewCarroll 28-06-2007 17:18

Good question, leave that with me and i'll post back as and when I can. I believe in promoting this for the benefit of Stanley supporters. I don't see why not, but pricing isn't my part im afraid, I will take it to rob though.

SamF 28-06-2007 17:24

Any news on whether the Season Ticket holders discount will be applied for season ticket holders wishing to buy the new shirt ?

lancsdave 28-06-2007 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by LewCarroll (Post 441215)
Good question, leave that with me and i'll post back as and when I can. I believe in promoting this for the benefit of Stanley supporters. I don't see why not, but pricing isn't my part im afraid, I will take it to rob though.

A more polite answer than some of them I will get on here later :D

ukcowboy 28-06-2007 17:26

Wellcome to the board Lew, and good luck in your new position.........we may moan for England on here sometimes, but its only because we care about our local footie club............honest:D

Tin Monkey 28-06-2007 17:42

I may have made a comment or two about the commercial side of the club in the past, but I'd like to wish you all the best in your new task Lew.

As UKC has said, there are some moaners on here, but that's because they can't all be as positive as me. :)

LewCarroll 28-06-2007 18:57

Cheers guys, means alot really does, to be honest I was a fan anyway, check the supporters match on the official website (runcorn match) at the bottom of the page.

I posted earlier about looking at a new EPOS system I want running in the club which will enable us to produce free loyalty cards to you. With this we could then identify promotions and hopefully discounts in the store. For example, you swipe your loyalty card and it will automatically qualify you for certain discounts. Its not signed off but hopefully we can then listen to your ideas on ways forward or the best offers that you want and then pass the savings right back to you.

mab 28-06-2007 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 441220)
Any news on whether the Season Ticket holders discount will be applied for season ticket holders wishing to buy the new shirt ?

:Banane25::Banane36::Banane25:Evening Lew.. i asked Rob Heys this question last week which i posted.he said he would look in to it.as a season ticket holder he thought the 10% discount still applied closs season could you look in to it..please..:Banane03::Banane03:Bananas are good for you:)

cmonstanley 28-06-2007 19:55

welcome lew good luck in your new job:)just a quick question do you know in what capacity stanley will be at the accy college fun day???

Jesus_was_A_red_ 28-06-2007 19:59

Football USED tobe a saturday afternoon for working class men, now it isnt. You hit the nail on the head.

Haggis316 28-06-2007 20:48

Nice to have you on board Lew.

All the best and look forward to years of fruitful exchanges of ideas and information on this board and through the email address you kindly provided.

This is a welcome initiative.

Just need a couple more central defenders and a left flanker and we'll have made a lot of progress this summer.

Oggy 28-06-2007 21:04

Yes, welcome on board, there's certainly a lot to go at.

I think this link with the club could stop a lot of misunderstandings, that mainly arise through lack of info in the first place.

Best of Luck etc. :)

K.S.H 28-06-2007 21:41

Welcome to the Forum Lee, can you shed any light on this matter

harwood red 28-06-2007 23:10

Welcome to accyweb Lew... good to read a positive opening post...long may it continue...good luck in your new job...oh yeah and I'm sure these lot on here will keep you busy :D