Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Vs Man City XI (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-man-city-xi-32473.html)

Zero 27-07-2007 16:12

Vs Man City XI

Can Anyone tell me if it`s the 1st team Playing City on 4th of August as there`s an away game Vs Rossendale at the same time listed in the fixtures. I`m presuming that`s reserves or Youths but would like to know for sure before harassing my City mates to turn up.

zayno14 27-07-2007 16:57

Re: Vs Man City XI

Not sure but it won't be City's first XI as they have a game Vs. Valencia the same day.

Zero 27-07-2007 17:01

Didn`t Expect City`s 1st team, you could probably buy 5 Accrington Stanleys for the price of one of their players.

Any Idea on the Admission Price for this one Anyone.

Oh £5 + £3 just read the poster.

Kisser 27-07-2007 17:37

My inconsiderate 'friend' has asked me to be her Chief Bridesmaid, and the wedding is on the 4th August. How dare she!!!!

maccawozzagod 27-07-2007 17:59

city have just took 3 Thai internationals on trial so they may be involved. Sven had said that he wasn't releasing anyone until he'd had a real good look at them, and they have made 5 or 6 big money signings in th elast week. So I think the odds of a good 2nd string are very high, but I won't have heard of em anyway!

AccyRed 27-07-2007 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisser (Post 453962)
My inconsiderate 'friend' has asked me to be her Chief Bridesmaid, and the wedding is on the 4th August. How dare she!!!!

Shame on your friend for getting married on the day that Stanley play :)

I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you disappeared for a couple of hours :D:D

Hope you have a nice day :)

harwood red 28-07-2007 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyRed (Post 453974)
Shame on your friend for getting married on the day that Stanley play :)

I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you disappeared for a couple of hours :D:D

Hope you have a nice day :)

I think it would be more than a couple of hours, cos if my memory serves me right (only from last night) the wedding is in Scotland :p

Oggy 28-07-2007 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 453972)
.... but I won't have heard of em anyway!

This was the Manchester City XI that beat Morecambe this afternoon: Schmeichel, Obeng, Vidal, MacDonald, Breen, Daly, Clayton, Laird, Evans, Moore, Marshall. Subs: Mentel, Ramsey, Kay, McDermott, Ball

Think your point is proved Macca, (with the exception of Schmeichel), still at a fiver, it's looking good. :)

maccawozzagod 28-07-2007 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 454286)
Think your point is proved Macca, (with the exception of Schmeichel), still at a fiver, it's looking good. :)

.... and its Kasper Schmeichel at that!!!!!!! played against us last year for Bury.

Oggy 28-07-2007 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 454289)
.... and its Kasper Schmeichel at that!!!!!!! played against us last year for Bury.

Is there another Schmeichel? ;)

Possibly it's Michael Ball on the bench, or was he suspended for life? Or is being sent to Morecambe part of the punishment? :)

BTLawson 31-07-2007 18:55

Does anyone know if the clayton end will be open for the match?

K.S.H 31-07-2007 19:14

It'll certainly be open air looking at the recent pics :rolleyes:

Redash 31-07-2007 21:37

I don't think it will be finished for the Man city game, but it should be finished for the Leicester game.

Alvin the chipmunk 01-08-2007 11:02

Spoke to Lee yeterday, the Clayton End definitley shut for the game.

lindsay ormerod 02-08-2007 19:26

The Club are very kindly having a minute's silence at the start of the game in memory of my late stepdad Len Spaans ( Ossyclogger), my mum and Len's children will be there; it's a fantastic gesture and one which I know he would have greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob for offering to do this.