Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Season Tickets (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/season-tickets-32850.html)

Thin Monkey 13-08-2007 17:59

Season Tickets

I've heard a rumour that it'll be all pay on the gate on Saturday and that season ticket holders will then be able to claim back their entry fee at a later date.

Any one know if ther's any truth in that?

shakermaker 13-08-2007 18:03

Re: Season Tickets

Better bloody not be any truth in it.

accymel 13-08-2007 18:05

I think that maybe just rumours & nothing more - otherwise would have to be disclosed on official site :rolleyes:

KIPAX 13-08-2007 18:08

Well if I was a betting man... I would bet that season tickets will be ready in time.. have faith :)

Bagpuss 13-08-2007 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin Monkey (Post 459737)
I've heard a rumour that it'll be all pay on the gate on Saturday and that season ticket holders will then be able to claim back their entry fee at a later date.

Nice attempt at a wind up, wish I'd have thought of that one.:D

Thin Monkey 13-08-2007 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 459750)
Nice attempt at a wind up, wish I'd have thought of that one.:D

I thought so.

Tin Monkey 13-08-2007 19:05

The thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true!!! :D

BTLawson 13-08-2007 19:21

The season has gone well so far. Great new signings, roof to be completed after a long wait, and we went to Wycombe and we won 1-0. The season tickets WILL be ready in time!

Thin Monkey 13-08-2007 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTLawson (Post 459786)
The season has gone well so far. Great new signings, roof to be completed after a long wait, and we went to Wycombe and we won 1-0. The season tickets WILL be ready in time!

Roof was due to be in place before the first league game. Now delayed. Season ticket due out before the first league game.

Fancy a game of "spot the trend"?

BTLawson 13-08-2007 19:44

Fancy a game of "spot the trend"?[/quote]

ok then. last season the season tickets were ready just in time. They probably will this year-we'll have to see. If they are not ready it isn't ideal but we will get our money back at a later date.

We lost away on the opening day last year but won this year.

Last year the roof was just a distant fantasy but it is now being built. To me it would seem that things are on the up! We have to remain positive! http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...ons/icon10.gif

Thin Monkey 13-08-2007 20:52

The tactic was to dangle the bait and see who bit. Of course I expect the season tickets to be ready for Saturday. But the point is a serious one. Why leave it so late yet again?

It's not as if the club are suddenly going to sell a couple of hundred more season tickets at this late stage. The powers that be will have known how sales were going weeks ago and should have ordered accordingly, so that we got our tickets in plenty of time.

Instead they pretend they can't be sure how many to order until late on and leave us with zero information, even though some of us stumped up our cash about 3 months ago.

We're talking about season ticket books for God's sake, not Gothenberg Bibles! How much can each one cost to print?

I'm all for saving a bob or two, but there are limits. It's the same charade every year and it p***es me off.

Oggy 13-08-2007 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin Monkey (Post 459818)
The tactic was to dangle the bait and see who bit. Of course I expect the season tickets to be ready for Saturday. But the point is a serious one. Why leave it so late yet again? It's the same charade every year and it p***es me off.

What, exactly, can you do with your ticket before Saturday. :)

K.S.H 13-08-2007 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 459821)

Nothing, thats not the point though, they should be sent out, I can see people having to collect them from the shop on Saturday, can you imagine the queues? your gonna get people queuing for season tickets, Stanley junior tickets will be available same time as season tickets and usual people inside the shop

rishton 14-08-2007 14:07

Would't not surpirse me if that were to happen. I know somebody paid cash for their season ticket and who ever served him in the shop was put out when he asked for a receipt.

Wynonie Harris 15-08-2007 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 459821)

Get your discount on club merchandise, that's what...which is why it is now 5 days into the season and I STILL haven't got a new replica shirt!