Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Vs Posh (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-posh-33239.html)

cmonstanley 02-09-2007 21:22

Re: Vs Posh

yesterday i thought we were too defensive .we were just inviting them to attack .we were getting ripped to shreds because we have no pace up front, midfield or attack .sean whalley dont want to go there hes just a headless chicken jay harris is another he runs about and leaves his position.every time he chased for the ball they knew their would be gap in midfield and they were through im not even going to talk about the defence the usual suspects.how hard is it to hold your position.i reckon we should play 3-5-2 with branch in midfield and push up like we did at the end of last season because in king kenny we have a keeper who can read the game,i think he should be made captain as he would be more inspirational than mullers it like what i was saying last season hes too quiet to be a captain .let him concentrate on scoring goals and tell him to stay out of the midfield area hes a striker so he should be up front not chasing back .every time we get posession its not even worth punting it up because theres nobody there.andy proctor this league is way out his league i would love to look at stats and see how many completed passes he has done.or how many times he loses posession .i know im slating the team but when you pay money to watch it you have the right to slate..
maybe next week well be celebrating a win against the captain birdseye army:D

Diesel 03-09-2007 15:56

I knew from the off that Evil was a bad signing, stamping is almost as low as spitting, get rid now.

On the plus side, thought that Kenny Arthur and Mark Roberts had very good games. Miles looked very poor, as did Whalley.

Overall, just utterly poor, what happened to the attacking Stanley of recent seasons?

DAV007 03-09-2007 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 467098)
Miles looked very poor, as did Whalley.

miles was worse than an unfit evil.

i think colemans persistence with Miles is as much of a problem as Evil.

shakermaker 03-09-2007 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 467115)
miles was worse than an unfit evil.

i think colemans persistence with Miles is as much of a problem as Evil.

Hardly. Evil is a mindless idiot who should not be allowed on a football pitch again.
Miles is just rubbish.

Bagpuss 03-09-2007 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 467119)
Hardly. Evil is a mindless idiot who should not be allowed on a football pitch again.
Miles is just rubbish.

That just about sums it up.:p

AccyMad 03-09-2007 18:43

At least Miles can hopefully improve though - McEvilly is just a lost cause!

Pendle Red 03-09-2007 18:55

Talking to a few of the Posh fans before the game on Staurday they hold Paul
Carden in very high esteem, could be the midfield general we need when he is fully fit?:)

lancsdave 03-09-2007 18:57

Strange one with Miles, when I came to watch the game against Macclesfield last season I thought he ran the game first half. Suprised to hear he hasn't found his form yet.

Revived Red 03-09-2007 19:07

Does anyone know what John Miles' role is? I had assumed that he had come as a striker to play off Mullers - but maybe not. Is he supposed to be playing as a striker in the Sheringham style? In the hole, as the current phrase seems to be (unfortunately!). Is he being used as an attacking midfielder? Maybe I am missing something. He is certainly not the player that was so effective for Macclesfield last season - and not only when he played against us.

Oggy 03-09-2007 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 467154)
Strange one with Miles, when I came to watch the game against Macclesfield last season I thought he ran the game first half. Suprised to hear he hasn't found his form yet.

Yes, agree. I'm thinking there's not enough movement going on when he's on the ball, and he's having to hold it too long. Possibly when Dsane is fit and Boco is played more central it'll all fit into place. Also got the impression from listening to 2BR that he's possibly carrying a groin strain?

Anyway as he's one of the longer contract players we'll have time to find out. :)

Pendle Red 03-09-2007 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 467155)
Does anyone know what John Miles' role is? I had assumed that he had come as a striker to play off Mullers - but maybe not. Is he supposed to be playing as a striker in the Sheringham style? In the hole, as the current phrase seems to be (unfortunately!). Is he being used as an attacking midfielder? Maybe I am missing something. He is certainly not the player that was so effective for Macclesfield last season - and not only when he played against us.

According to Fishy site he is a forward! Going off what I saw pre season and at the Leicester game I thought he would be a sensation, plenty of pace and not afraid to take players on! last few games has struggled maybe he is carrying an injury?:confused:

maccawozzagod 03-09-2007 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 467161)
maybe he is carrying an injury?:confused:

purely and simply he shouldn't be playing then. There are four hundred and sixteen strikers on the books who would love his place on the team.

McEvilly has not been fit and as such his reputation and confidence will have been shot to pieces and we will doubtlessly never see his potential fulfilled.

If he is unfit and out of position then surely somebody fit and out of position would do a better job.

right footed left backs playing at right back and trying to keep cutting in their left?

right footed left wingers playing on the right and not knowing which foot to control the ball with?