Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Craney has he or not (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/craney-has-he-or-not-35871.html)

CLAYTON RED 02-01-2008 19:28

Craney has he or not

Craney was meant to sign today at 5:45, doe's anyone know if he did

Check out the link

Craney Set To Resign For Stanley (from This Is Lancashire)

**Edit** Your link didn't work, so I've replaced it

74/118

harwood red 02-01-2008 21:40

Re: Craney has he or not

spoke to craney yesterday and he was looking forward to resigning although I'm sure he was being very careful about what he said until its all signed and sealed...

he did say that he chose us over the posh and I would like to say for one it shows that money doesn't always talk :) and it shows how much he loves it (oh yeah and us) at the mighty stanley :D

Diego 03-01-2008 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 511866)
spoke to craney yesterday and he was looking forward to resigning although I'm sure he was being very careful about what he said until its all signed and sealed...

he did say that he chose us over the posh and I would like to say for one it shows that money doesn't always talk :) and it shows how much he loves it (oh yeah and us) at the mighty stanley :D

do u know Craney? please tell him he has a brazilian fan who call him League Two's Steven Gerrard :)

Oldgobbin 03-01-2008 09:02

Latest from Swansea this morning

NewsNow: Accrington Stanley

Haggis316 03-01-2008 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 511938)
Latest from Swansea this morning

NewsNow: Accrington Stanley

Yes similarly:
this is swansea - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Wynonie Harris 03-01-2008 11:20

Negotiations still continuing!

Stanley Still Negotiating Craneys Return (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Kiwi John 03-01-2008 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 511866)
... :) and it shows how much he loves it (oh yeah and us) at the mighty stanley :D

I would suggest that you are spot on .I think the close knit feeling this club permutates will influence players thinking when $$ become of secondary ( or not the be-all) importance in deciding there playing futures.You lot,that are so passionate, carry far more 'mana' and influence than your peers at the big clubs which are ,I suggest,so impersonal.
...just the impression I've developed....

cashman 03-01-2008 16:16

well if good wishes mean owt, the guy will sign. ( from people ive spoke to.)

maccawozzagod 03-01-2008 17:23

I don't reckon there is a third club interested - it's a ploy to try to get Peterborough to push up their price. We won't pay diddles for him. If he wants to come back here then he will as he can just refuse everybody elses offers. A move to London would involve him selling up and renting/buying a property down that way and that will cost more than your average League 2 player is willing to pay for something that may be temporary. Also factor in that his girlfriend/wife took a job in Liverpool when he came back on loan and she wouldn't be willing to change jobs again so soon and it means the Posh personal terms offer would have to be at least double what we are likely to have offered. I know they have the brass but would they be willing?

lancsdave 03-01-2008 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 512026)
Also factor in that his girlfriend/wife took a job in Liverpool when he came back on loan and she wouldn't be willing to change jobs again so soon and it means the Posh personal terms offer would have to be at least double what we are likely to have offered. I know they have the brass but would they be willing?

And Peterborough is a s hite place to live, Ive done it :(

fc:stanley 03-01-2008 17:28

Craney will know best will to go and all the main reasons are on macca`s post! Craney knows where his future lies and he knows its with Accrington!

Wynonie Harris 04-01-2008 09:04

He's back on a permanent deal. See t'fishy site! :D

"You are my Craney, my Ian Craney..."

K.S.H 04-01-2008 09:06

3 and half year as well, nice one

maccawozzagod 04-01-2008 09:13

welcome home again Ian, now get us into the play-offs!

lancsdave 04-01-2008 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 512308)
welcome home again Ian, now get us into the play-offs!

Don't put pressure on him, settle for automatic promotion instead :D

Thats a long contract in todays football, presumably he has gone for the security rather than the money ?