Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   new signing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-signing-38410.html)

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 08-04-2008 13:04

new signing

Jeffs Window Of Opportunity At Stanley (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Tin Monkey 08-04-2008 13:14

Re: new signing

Oh dear. :(

fc:stanley 08-04-2008 13:25

Oh God! I thought the club was trying to get more people through the turnstiles not scare them off! Never mind Bogoff , f**k Off. He can Bogoff back to burnley! Does my nut in , couldnt stand him in the clubhouse after the daggers game!

Tin Monkey 08-04-2008 13:41

The only hope I can cling on to is the fact that "if it isn't on the official site, then it isn't true'.

Redraine 08-04-2008 13:49

Is it still April 1st?
PLEASE GOD, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

maccawozzagod 08-04-2008 14:15

sounds popular then?

I certainly don't think the crowd need a warm up man! thats the job of the Ultras.

And as for the club song whats wrong with Cart On Stanley, the songs already there for gods sake and done so at Zeros own expense - why waste money and effort on summat like We're going to Barbados? we've already been FFS!

maccawozzagod 08-04-2008 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 559123)
Never mind Bogoff , f**k Off.

KARMA ON ITS WAY

lancsdave 08-04-2008 14:20

Jeff is a very nice bloke who will help anyone. Unfortunatley he lets himself do these jobs where the audience don't actually want what he is offering.

When are people who run football clubs actually going to realise that football supporters go to football matches to be entertained by the team they support. All other entertainment is irrelevant.

Redraine 08-04-2008 14:21

[quote=Tin Monkey;559120]Oh dear. :(

By the way - are you Donavan in disguise?

Doug 08-04-2008 14:28

Sorry......****ing idiots.

No wonder we run around like a Sunday Club. Tat amd more bloody Tat. Wake up Eric for Christ Sake.

fc:stanley 08-04-2008 14:51

I dont think eric understand that people normally at half time just want to talk to there pals , have a drink , have something to eat , they dont want the most anoying voice ive ever heard down there ears! This wont do anything to the club. The thing we come to see is on the pitch!! Not a man who sells windows for companys by doing anyoing ads!

Stanleymad 08-04-2008 15:13

Oh god im going to be un-popular hehehehee i like Jeff, having the pleasure of chatting to him in the clayton end - him trying to blend in the crowd hehehe, all i knew of him was the bogoff ads annoying as they are but put that aside, he is a bright, witty & friendly chap, saw him in a different light:D

Think its nice we have a quick witted compere, least im slightly a bit interested what was usually bish bang bong on the mic, he's not there to improve the match or pitchside stuff, he's only there for the after;):D

Dont forget he represents a huge chunk of the area ........dual support, its those type of fans we need at the terraces & he's there as example, IMHO, as such responses made can only put off the prospective 2nd team support - & theres a lot out there surprisingly, whom will look for the stanley results but haven't graced our terraces ...YET:D

maccawozzagod 08-04-2008 15:18

I think he's sound enough but not something we need

stanley convert 08-04-2008 16:14

Why o why Eric? don,t you think we suffer enough with that ***b RICKEEEEEEEE Kirby and his i love the sound of my own voice garbage.

ukcowboy 08-04-2008 17:14

I too had the pleasure of standing and chatting to Jeff at the Daggers match, and found Him to be a most personable chap.Granted, His Window ad was the most annoying thing on TV, however, He is a pro compere/comedian/entertainer and Im sure has a few more strings to His bow than that ad!

What does it matter that His first team is Burnley? I believe that Mr Kirby is a Leicester City Fan and I dont reacall anyone complaining about that!(many other things yes!)

Lets give the guy a chance.....................but I do agree that we should stick with 'Cart on' :D

yonmon 08-04-2008 18:12

Regarding Jeff's BOGOF Advertisement...like many others in the entertainment industry, I'm more than certain that Jeff did a professional job for the Director of the Filming involved !!
The raison d'etre of that Ad was to sell as many windows as possible, and not to entertain those glued to their boxes whatever comes before them!, It's reasonable to assume that this was the case and that Jeff's efforts were well rewarded. although the character he portrayed turned out to be an annoyance to say the least.
He is a sound chap....as is Ricky....they are however, when we see them, playing out the
Roles in which they find their professional and Financial reward in the easiest way they know how, as we all do day by day!. And you can't please all of the people, all of the time ! . As we all discover day by day ( Ask JC & JB!!)

Whether what they have to offer to us, as Fans who go to the FES to Support our Team for 90+ minutes...meet our mates for a drink...eat an exorbitantly priced Potato Pie...some additional joy and delight by their efforts, is a matter of opinion...
A chap who sits near me would..(Quote) 'Love to listen to the Accrington Pipe Band every week'..and he's not a Scot!...but that's his opinion!. And I dare bet that there's
someone at the FES (Besides Ricky himself !) who thinks that his voice, selection of
Music(?), and elevating DM to The Ribble Valley Rich List, is really what everyone goes there to see in the first place!.(
I'm interested to see if Jeff can concoct something which will save his bacon!!!...If
I don't like it , then as I do on these occasions, I'll switch-off, give Eric a cynical look and a shake of the head, and go to t'closet!.!

'What me worry ?'....

fc:stanley 08-04-2008 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 559246)
but I do agree that we should stick with 'Cart on' :D

Exactly!!!!!

It doesnt matter if this guy is nice etc we just dont need him what so ever and is a bad decision by eric!! Where there to watch football! Just Stick With Cart On! :)

If he does half time entertainment, who will do the crossbar challenge ? Will there be one? If not id be very gutted as its quite entertaining watching it except from when a certain member won it ;) :)

Redraine 08-04-2008 18:26

Just ask the Clarets fans what they thought of him. It ended up with them booing him 'till he shut up, I was told.

K.S.H 08-04-2008 18:40

Lets hope he doesn't get involved when we sell a player :rolleyes:
Buy one ya get one free, I say - ya buy one you get one free :D

Tin Monkey 08-04-2008 18:42

Bring back Ricky Kirby...... ermmmm.... hand on a second.... errrr.......

lancsdave 08-04-2008 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 559306)
Just ask the Clarets fans what they thought of him. It ended up with them booing him 'till he shut up, I was told.

No he didn't. He has been the subject of ridicule on the most popular Burnley fans message board and because he read the boards became very familiar with the abuse dished out. Unfortunatley they choose to ignore his record of providing his services free of charge to various functions organised by the same message board which has helped raise over £20,000 towards youth facilites at Burnley.

He takes a lot of the ridicule because thats the price of fame so to speak. However some of it went way too personal and was very insulting, usually by keyboard warriors :(

K.S.H 08-04-2008 18:54

Has Ricky buggered off now they have had to part with £1000 :rolleyes:

Pendle Red 08-04-2008 18:55

The only thing I will say is:

He has already been here two games and hardly a peep on the Forum, pops up in the Telegraph and Hey Ho:confused:

Uncle Mick 08-04-2008 19:12

I don`t want to be entertained at half time, i want to be entertained in the two forty five minute periods inbetween.

fc:stanley 08-04-2008 19:22

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIs0oQcK0K0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIs0oQcK0K0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just Hurts Your Ears , Imagine That Ever Stanley Game :)

Oggy 08-04-2008 20:06

Have we not suffered enough this season? :bangh8:

Tin Monkey 08-04-2008 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 559364)
Just Hurts Your Ears , Imagine That Ever Stanley Game :)

It'd be good to get Cannon and Ball at the FES every week. :D

John_Timmins 09-04-2008 10:21

anything has to be better than dicky ricky doesnt it ;)

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 09-04-2008 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Timmins (Post 559497)
anything has to be better than dicky ricky doesnt it ;)

get him to negotiate our pre season transfer dealings
buy one player get one free:D

Tin Monkey 09-04-2008 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOLVERHAMPTON REDS (Post 559510)
get him to negotiate our pre season transfer dealings
buy one player get one free:D

I bet KSH wishes he'd said that earlier in the thread. ;)

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 09-04-2008 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 559517)
I bet KSH wishes he'd said that earlier in the thread. ;)

Woops...................:bangh8:

loweiy 09-04-2008 13:39

I met Jeff in the clubhouse after the game and he is a very nice chap. if he is going to liven things up in the club house before/during and after the game then I am all for it. we are ment to be a friendly club so lets give the chap a chance!!

Loweiy

shakermaker 09-04-2008 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 559334)
The only thing I will say is:

He has already been here two games and hardly a peep on the Forum, pops up in the Telegraph and Hey Ho:confused:

Hear hear.
When I've seen him after the games, the bloke's done a good job getting some life into a previously very stale sports bar.
Get off his case.

Jesus_was_A_red_ 09-04-2008 16:28

we'll be known as dingles soon:eek:

touchline.tv 09-04-2008 18:12

radio lancs 8.30am tomorrow, more air time exposure for the club.

cmonstanley 09-04-2008 22:36

i think its brilliant it keeps people talking about stanley whether deemed bad or good publicity ,i still think anything that gets people talking about stanley is good....its called raising the profile...

Loz 09-04-2008 22:43

Why do clubs feel like they need entertainment?
Isn't the football enough?
I go to the footy to watch the footy and nothing else.
I can't see many people paying attention to him.
Like it wa said earlier in this thread isn't it the ultras job to keep people entertained anyway?
And a damn fine job they do too!

Christies Child 10-04-2008 07:33

Soon to be transfered to Bratford to promote their 'Buy One...You get one free'....season ticket offer?

;););)

yonmon 10-04-2008 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by loweiy (Post 559541)
I met Jeff in the clubhouse after the game and he is a very nice chap. if he is going to liven things up in the club house before/during and after the game then I am all for it. we are ment to be a friendly club so lets give the chap a chance!!

Loweiy

Besides being a very nice chap Loweiy, Jeff is a professional artiste who will always do his best to fulfil any brief which he has been given.
He'll do this at the FES...and like Ricky....some will like him and others ,will, whatever he does, dislike him. It being in the nature of things.
Of course we all go to watch 90+ minutes of football from the Reds, but isn't 'The FES experience' important to us all as well?.

'WHAT ME WORRY ?'.....