Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stuart Hall (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stuart-hall-43828.html)

Mik Griff 10-11-2008 21:57

Stuart Hall

What the frig is up with this guy, and who on earth chose him to narrate the documentary, he really gets in my bloody nerves, and his **** poor lancashire accent! :rolleyes:

cashman 10-11-2008 22:13

Re: Stuart Hall

think yer wrong Mik, hall is very popular wi older viewers.:)

Mik Griff 10-11-2008 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 649361)
think yer wrong Mik, hall is very popular wi older viewers.:)

Those who cant hear him speak? :p

mab 10-11-2008 22:35

Stuart Hall (presenter) As much as i like Stuart Hall i too thought he was the wrong person for the job!!

K-P 10-11-2008 22:57

Just cant get "It's a Knockout" out of my head everytime he talks.. always waiting for the false laugh

BERNADETTE 10-11-2008 23:05

Missed it again and yes before you say anything I know I'm not into football but really enjoyed watching the first few. Why did they change the day and time but more importantly why did you lot not remind us?

garinda 10-11-2008 23:46

At first I thought it added some gravitas to the programme, having Stuart Hall doing the voice over, but have decided tonight that he made it worse, and agree his attempt at an Accy accent was dire.

Stick to the new advertising work you've got Stuart, now Dame Thora Hird has passed over to the otherside.

MargaretR 10-11-2008 23:58

Many moons ago when my lad was in early teens I met Stuart Hall at a televised skateboarding contest.

I wasn't impressed. He seemed rather egocentric and gave the impression that he was in a constant state of 'self monitoring' to judge what impression he was making - that sounds double dutch I know, but can't think of any other way to describe it.

That 'unrelaxed' quality does not make a good interviewer - he is more concerned about himself than listening to what the person he interviews is saying.

Royboy39 11-11-2008 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 649417)
Many moons ago when my lad was in early teens I met Stuart Hall at a televised skateboarding contest.

I wasn't impressed. He seemed rather egocentric and gave the impression that he was in a constant state of 'self monitoring' to judge what impression he was making - that sounds double dutch I know, but can't think of any other way to describe it.

That 'unrelaxed' quality does not make a good interviewer - he is more concerned about himself than listening to what the person he interviews is saying.

I agree with that Margaret....I met him sometime ago and he came across as a publicity seeking noboby.

garinda 11-11-2008 00:08

"This is all nonsense, people are getting hot under the collar about nothing," he said. "Your average 10-year-old can instruct you in oral or anal sex." Following the reference to anal sex, one of Hall's fellow panellists could be heard saying, "Welcome to the last ever Fighting Talk".

BBC defends sports pundit on a sticky wicket | Media | MediaGuardian

Perhaps the B.B.C. might decide to move him to the slot on Radio 2, vacated by Russell Brand.

Royboy39 11-11-2008 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 649427)
"This is all nonsense, people are getting hot under the collar about nothing," he said. "Your average 10-year-old can instruct you in oral or anal sex." Following the reference to anal sex, one of Hall's fellow panellists could be heard saying, "Welcome to the last ever Fighting Talk".

BBC defends sports pundit on a sticky wicket | Media | MediaGuardian

Perhaps the B.B.C. might decide to move him to the slot on Radio 2, vacated by Russell Brand.

I supose that would be of interest to some, but not all?

Tin Monkey 11-11-2008 12:23

Can anyone remember the link between Stuart Hall and Accrington Stanley? It was a commercial venture in the very early 90s I think.

jaysay 11-11-2008 12:35

Was last nights the last, the way it finished seem to be putting the program to bed:confused:

fc:stanley 11-11-2008 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 649528)
Was last nights the last, the way it finished seem to be putting the program to bed:confused:

Yep it was Jaysay :)

K-P 11-11-2008 13:03

i thought that was #5 and another to go... but the way it ended.. plus i forwaded a week on sky... thats the last

can anyone list em?

ie #1 eric swearing, #2 ect