Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Please Read; The Seats The Facts!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/please-read-the-seats-the-facts-44217.html)

Wynonie Harris 22-12-2008 18:39

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimps (Post 662247)
all we can do is what all football clubs do is stand back let the football league make use run out off money and go bust
no need for seat when we get 1172 why 2000 under roof when we are just getting back in to life in the big game again should leve untill league 0ne sorry of the spelling:dummy2::dummy2::dummy2:

Grimps, your literary style seems strangely familiar. That's it, got it! You write the programme, don't you? ;)

Grimps 22-12-2008 22:27

never bye one can just about spell.need to read aswell if you bye one i just look at kp work on the web than bye one. but i spend more on food and drinck at the ground these days.:hothothot

VALAIRIAN 28-12-2008 20:08

Got to say enjoyed the atmosphere in the Clayton End today:), The Ultras once again did us proud for most of the match, that along with a great first 20 mins from Stanley it was superb to be there:D. Hate to think what may become of it when the seats are in:(. Hope that it take nothing away from what is in the main an absolutely FANTASTIC DAY OUT!!!

ON STANLEY...............

:thankya::thankya::thankya:

southernred 28-12-2008 20:16

But what difference will seats make???????????????????????

the seats wil be be in the empty space!!!!

All the seats will go is to compress the singers and the ultras!!! More atmosphere & noise!!!

Perhaps we MAY won't to seat Little Leams Army there?

The Clayton end hold's 2000; add the seats still 1500; we currently only get arund 500.

For goodness sake what's the issuse????

Lets get 1000+ EVERY WEEK on the Clayton End and then start worrying!!!;)

VALAIRIAN 28-12-2008 20:30

Confused??? My understanding is that the seats are going along the front near the goals?:confused::confused::confused: But if I am not wrong quite a few of us stand there
so it will affect the atmos!!!!

Outback Ozzy 28-12-2008 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 663682)
Confused??? My understanding is that the seats are going along the front near the goals?:confused::confused::confused: But if I am not wrong quite a few of us stand there
so it will affect the atmos!!!!

Why should it affect the atmosphere??????? The seats are going along the front of the stand but still plenty of room at the rear of the crush barrier. Ultras will still be together - just maybe spread out wider (but I doubt this) so atmosphere will NOT be affected as I see it. Just means those that normally stand at the front either sit down or move further back. Don't see what the problem is!

Stanleymad 28-12-2008 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 663687)
Why should it affect the atmosphere??????? The seats are going along the front of the stand but still plenty of room at the rear of the crush barrier. Ultras will still be together - just maybe spread out wider (but I doubt this) so atmosphere will NOT be affected as I see it. Just means those that normally stand at the front either sit down or move further back. Don't see what the problem is!

I do..........................where i stand is the best standing place for me - dont like it further back, would spoil my viewing pleasure especially with a wall directly in front too - so my place atm is exactly where the seats are planned:(

shakermaker 28-12-2008 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernred (Post 663679)
But what difference will seats make???????????????????????

the seats wil be be in the empty space!!!!

All the seats will go is to compress the singers and the ultras!!! More atmosphere & noise!!!

Perhaps we MAY won't to seat Little Leams Army there?

The Clayton end hold's 2000; add the seats still 1500; we currently only get arund 500.

For goodness sake what's the issuse????

Lets get 1000+ EVERY WEEK on the Clayton End and then start worrying!!!;)

Well said.
There's no way around the league requirements. The club is minimising the damage with regards to affecting supporters' match day experience. The plans that are ready to go ahead are the most sensible and realistic.

I'm sure the atmosphere would be much worse off if we got thrown out of the league or went bust again after forking out more money than we can afford for an all singing all dancing new stand... again!!

Wynonie Harris 28-12-2008 20:58

It will affect the atmosphere, but it's difficult to put into words...it just won't "feel" right.

And, as I keep saying, those who maintain there's no problem are the ones who (as far as I'm aware) don't stand on the Clayton End, so they won't be affected.

Bagpuss 28-12-2008 20:59

Southern Red, Outback Ozzy and Shakermaker, all regular Clayton Enders, NOT, and all with the same view, says it all really. Unless you are one of us don't comment on how we feel.

shakermaker 28-12-2008 21:02

Clayton Ender or Kop resident??

southernred 28-12-2008 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 663693)
I do..........................where i stand is the best standing place for me - dont like it further back, would spoil my viewing pleasure especially with a wall directly in front too - so my place atm is exactly where the seats are planned:(

I respect your views; but could you try at the next match to stand a little further back???? If you coulf manage, you may be a little warmer and you'll be practicing foe when the red seats take place!!

Please let us know after you've tried; THANK YOU!!:)

Tin Monkey 28-12-2008 21:05

Just wait until the blokes from the Whinney Hill side come into the Clayton End. We'll all be moving further back then!! ;)

southernred 28-12-2008 21:10

Rather short staffed at present!!

BUT as promised will try to spend some time on the Clayton End next match:):)

Bagpuss 28-12-2008 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 663701)
Clayton Ender or Kop resident??

Both but currently in a better position than some to pass comment on the views of US Clayton Enders.:rolleyes: