Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 20:07   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 4th RD DRAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Fulham only brought 300 fans to the Turf so I don't think there will be too many at the Crown, I don't think it will be a full ground.
could be a few reasons fer that, (1) a long way to travel to lose. (2) more likely didn't want to be associated wi dingles.
Old 03-01-2010, 20:16   #62
God Member

Having a quick look on the Fulham boards none of them will be travelling to Accrington, they are more concerned with how many tickets will be allocated at Gillingham
Old 03-01-2010, 20:37   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Having a quick look on the Fulham boards none of them will be travelling to Accrington, they are more concerned with how many tickets will be allocated at Gillingham

Just looked myself, so funny.

Loyality points!!!!! Get real!!!

Some of them even remember travelling to burnley!! If they were disappointed there, wonder what they'll make of the Crown??? (IF we can progress, bl**dy snow!!!)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 20:57   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncoatred View Post
A home friendly on 31st October 1955. Stanley won 2-0.Both goals scored by George Stewart.
you ******! have just spent half an hour trawling through the Breedons not realising it was already posted! so just to add to it there were 5,350 people on and it was a monday night.
Old 03-01-2010, 21:12   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
you ******! have just spent half an hour trawling through the Breedons not realising it was already posted! so just to add to it there were 5,350 people on and it was a monday night.
not quick enough.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 21:30   #66

ive just looked thourgh fulhams board if we lose to gillingham looks like war will start down there ... so we must win to stop war
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 21:50   #67
God Member

i just read the same Grimps - funny how the cup always throws up games like that, and i hope it doesn't mean the omens are already in place.

For those that dont want to trawl through all the pages.

11 years or so ago a Fulham fan was killed (banged his head on the floor after being struck) away at Gillingham. The fight was at the end of the game outside the Gillingham end. Now some of the Fulham fans think that payback is in order because apparently some Gills fans still sing about that game.

Bad news and even more important now that we win!
Old 03-01-2010, 22:47   #68
Junior Member+

Quote:
i just read the same Grimps - funny how the cup always throws up games like that, and i hope it doesn't mean the omens are already in place.

For those that dont want to trawl through all the pages.

11 years or so ago a Fulham fan was killed (banged his head on the floor after being struck) away at Gillingham. The fight was at the end of the game outside the Gillingham end. Now some of the Fulham fans think that payback is in order because apparently some Gills fans still sing about that game.

Bad news and even more important now that we win!
Yup the following season they were singing "Where's your Foxy gone" at us - following the murder of Matthew Fox in the game you mention (officially manslaughter I think in the end) - they are a horrible bunch of scumbags & yes you really have to beat them to avoid another inevitably unpleasant Gillyscum vs Fulham clash.
Maidenhead White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 22:58   #69

maidenhead white . if we are at full team we will beat gill .... and give fulham a good run for your money .... we had a good go at leeds but lost 2-0 .... so lets hope we beat gill
Old 03-01-2010, 23:12   #70
Senior Member+

I see no reason not to beat Gillingham and I think that Fulham will not like the facilities at the Crown. Fulham fans won't be used to being on open terraces (Aw bless) but I am sure Stanley will give them a game, but to be honest, lets not jump the gun, we are not in round 4 YET!! Lets beat Gillingham next Tuesday night first.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 23:18   #71

we are in the 4th round draw accrington or gillingham v fulham lol
Old 03-01-2010, 23:19   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
me dad n i were 2 of them macca, but can't really remember it.
Old 03-01-2010, 23:26   #73
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I see no reason not to beat Gillingham and I think that Fulham will not like the facilities at the Crown. Fulham fans won't be used to being on open terraces (Aw bless) but I am sure Stanley will give them a game, but to be honest, lets not jump the gun, we are not in round 4 YET!! Lets beat Gillingham next Tuesday night first.
As a Fulham fan of well over 30 years I'd actually love the chance to stand on open terraces again! One of things I miss the most in the premiership is terracing. Not all Fulham fans are post premiership JCL's you know!
Maidenhead White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37   #74
God Member

Smile Re: 4th RD DRAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenhead White View Post
As a Fulham fan of well over 30 years I'd actually love the chance to stand on open terraces again! One of things I miss the most in the premiership is terracing. Not all Fulham fans are post premiership JCL's you know!
You can always come up for the Gills match, to get yourself in the mood.. Stand with the Stanley fans of course

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
You can always come up for the Gills match, to get yourself in the mood.. Stand with the Stanley fans of course
They could have a mini-break up here. Stanley on the Tuesday and Blackburn on the Saturday

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..