Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Exile on Spencer St 30-05-2021 17:14

Re: Bits & Bobs

Not much chance of winning, notwithstanding own-goals, if you don’t have a single shot on target!
Guess no donkey rides next year for Accymad.;)

AccyMad 30-05-2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1254333)
Not much chance of winning, notwithstanding own-goals, if you don’t have a single shot on target!
Guess no donkey rides next year for Accymad.;)

I'm quite happy to forgoe any trips to Blackpool, donkey rides or not if it means we don't have to put up with an invasion of the tangerine army again - bad enough that we'll have to put up with Bolton's supporters should away fans be allowed next season

monkey hanger 31-05-2021 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1254337)
I'm quite happy to forgoe any trips to Blackpool, donkey rides or not if it means we don't have to put up with an invasion of the tangerine army again - bad enough that we'll have to put up with Bolton's supporters should away fans be allowed next season

true. wanted lincoln to win but did not want to see blackpool fans again. we,ll probably play em in the league cup at home now. good luck today for our morecambe friends. if only ellison can miss the penalty that sends em up it will be a perfect day.

cashman 31-05-2021 08:24

i would love morecambe to win but will feel sorry for amond and ellison if they do.

accytom18 31-05-2021 16:38

Congrats to Morecambe on getting promoted! Great job by Derek Adams and the players. Looking forward to some great games against em next season!

AccyMad 31-05-2021 16:49

Yeah, congratulations to Morecambe - in the end they were lucky that dodgy ref Bobby Maddely fell for O'Sullivan's dive & awarded them a penalty or they'd still have been playing now, still it's 6 points guaranteed next season so no complaints from me :D

cashman 31-05-2021 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254343)
i would love morecambe to win but will feel sorry for amond and ellison if they do.

Morecambe are up in extra time its a good swop for blackpool imho.:D

Exile on Spencer St 31-05-2021 18:40

Well done to the Shrimpers.
But really? Was Madley given that match as reward for his outstanding performances this season?

Morecambe_Red 31-05-2021 18:49

Thanks for the congratulations.

We have had some shocking decisions from referees during the season otherwise we would have had automatic , maybe win it. So a bit of swings and roundabouts today so we won't complain !

Nice to have the derby match back on the agenda and Sunderland and Sheff.Weds.

monkey hanger 01-06-2021 08:15

[QUOTE=Morecambe_Red;1254371]Thanks for the congratulations.

We have had some shocking decisions from referees during the season otherwise we would have had automatic , maybe win it. So a bit of swings and roundabouts today so we won't complain !

take it and be happy mate. no unlucky team has ever won a play off final. after what you and your club have gone through you deserve a break.

Lord Stiffupperlip 01-06-2021 08:27

By Jove! Well done Morecambe!
From staring into the abyss to promotion in one season is a remarkable achievement.
Which footie fan doesn't enjoy a trip to the seaside + a nice shrimp buffet to follow?
Haw haw!

DaveinGermany 01-06-2021 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1254377)
Which footie fan doesn't enjoy a trip to the seaside + a nice shrimp buffet to follow? Haw haw!

Morecambe, I'd think "Crabs" would more likely be on offer. :D ;)

monkey hanger 01-06-2021 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1254380)
Morecambe, I'd think "Crabs" would more likely be on offer. :D ;)

thats blackpool.

AccyMad 01-06-2021 12:25

The inevitable dodgy decisions by our friend Bobby yesterday helped the Shrimps to achieve their dream of promotion & I'm happy for them but on the other side of the coin, it surely begs the question why - with VAR being available at Wembley - it wasn't used in any of the play off finals when there is so much at stake, smacks of total disrespect to all teams beneath the precious premiership to me

cashman 01-06-2021 15:12

nailed it in 1 di.