Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 13-08-2021 09:53

Re: Bits & Bobs

It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.

andyd 13-08-2021 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1256199)
It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.

That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.

Twenty Eight 13-08-2021 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1256200)
That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.

I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.

monkey hanger 13-08-2021 10:28

Quote:

a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.

andyd 13-08-2021 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1256202)
I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.

I haven't and neither does the club have an issue about braking the rules and the club has held its hand up, but following the ludricous £7000 fine handed out to Stanley and 33 other clubs for breaching Covid rules but following government guidance shows to me that the EFL are weak and are good at wielding the rule book but not so good at standing up to the real problems in football that we all know about.

AccyMad 13-08-2021 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1256203)
a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.

We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about

andyd 13-08-2021 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1256212)
We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about

Ray Putterill what a player he could have been without his recurring back problems potentially could have been one of our best midfielder,s ever shame.

NORTHERNSOUL 13-08-2021 14:20

Quote:

I Definitely wouldn't pay this one based on the fact that it was the FL who changed the date of the match, not the clubs, not SKY and not GOD but the EFL
themselves so surely its their responsibility to keep the paperwork up to date and at the very least send the club a reminder and not go trawling for misdemeanours that they can then at a later date issue fines for.

Lord Stiffupperlip 13-08-2021 22:06

Quote:

Alas, in these situations, fair play, justice & common sense are low on the EFL agenda.
What is on their agenda is raising cash. It would be of interest to know exactly how much of their annual revenue comes from fines?

MikeA 13-08-2021 23:05

A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.

Exile on Spencer St 14-08-2021 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1256232)
A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.

In other situations, it might even be regarded as a deliberate ‘sting’ by an unscrupulous agency to screw money out of punters.
How much notice did the EFL give of the enforced date change?

andyd 29-08-2021 11:04

Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.

cashman 29-08-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1257143)
Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.

Stevie Wonder he aint a SNAKE

MikeA 29-08-2021 13:02

I think I'll try Coalville Town tomorrow. 1pm KO, at home.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2021 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1257148)
I think I'll try Coalville Town tomorrow. 1pm KO, at home.

Haven’t they got a striker we could loan? :rolleyes: