Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Stanley Revolution!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-stanley-revolution-50265.html)

Whalley Red 03-11-2009 15:57

The Stanley Revolution!!!

On the fishy site:

Club Statement
Tuesday 3rd Nov 2009
http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/gfx/news/ball.gifhttp://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/gfx/news/line.gif
HMRC
ASFC is delighted to announce that the full obligation to HMRC has been paid.

Accrington Stanley Football Club announces a positive change in governance and management at the club, and the successful payment of its obligations to HMRC of £308,000

ASFC is also pleased to announce a new board of directors comprising of Ilyas Khan as Non-Executive Chairman, Peter Marsden as President, and David O Neill as Managing Director and Head of Operations. Both Rob Heys (Chief Executive Officer) and John Coleman (Team Manager) will continue to report to David O’Neill.

Commenting on the changes, David O’Neill said “I am very pleased that the new board has come together, and that the future of Accrington Stanley Football Club is assured. The past few months have been challenging, but the positive changes effected on the field, and in the day to day management of the club can now be supported by a stronger financial backing and a board with the requisite experience and strength to move forward. I would like to thank the club’s many well wishers, and also HMRC and the PFA and the Football League for their support during these critical times. Accrington Stanley deserves to be a full part of the football world in Great Britain, and that is now assured”

Ilyas Khan and Peter Marsden issued a joint statement. They said “We believe that the town, the community and the supporters should now link arms with the team and the management to forge a stronger and vibrant partnership that will be a credit to this wonderful wonderful Football Club. Whilst there have been clear differences of opinion between David and ourselves, these are not only resolved, but put behind us. The three new directors will concentrate on their areas of expertise, and jointly, bring their collective endeavours to actions that are exclusively in the best interests of the club. This includes David O’Neill who will continue in working as he has done for the past year or so in so many areas that often remain un-noticed.”

ASFC is also delighted to invite all directors who have stepped down, to become Vice Presidents. Their contribution to the club is gratefully acknowledged.

Accrington Stanley Football Club looks forward to inviting all supporters and family members to the club this Saturday where John Coleman and his team will continue to build on their wonderful efforts this season”

:eek::eek::eek:

:mosher::mosher:

Kiwi John 03-11-2009 15:59

Re: The Stanley Revolution!!!

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC.. What a magic statement to wake up too.
THANK YOU MESSERS KHAN and MARSDEN. And thank you DON for seeing sense.

Whalley Red 03-11-2009 16:01

Just seen that this news is already inside the FA Cup thread ... Stanelymad feel free to close if you wish. I just didn't expect to see such momentous news in that thread.

DAV007 03-11-2009 16:02

Iylas Khan and Peter Marsden show so much grace.
You lead by example.

Dave Oneill - you remain the enemy and the man charged with nearly killing our club.

brilliant news.
such a shame Oneill and Heys will remain.

flashy 03-11-2009 16:03

******* brilliant :D

DAV007 03-11-2009 16:05

the question now is - who owns what shares?

BERNADETTE 03-11-2009 16:05

What fantastic news:D

ossylass 03-11-2009 16:08

wonderful, wonderful news !!!!!:D

Greeny 03-11-2009 16:09

Music to our ears.WELL DONE

cashman 03-11-2009 16:09

was totally convinced i would have no game to go to on sat, whatevers happened to make this deal,i have no idea, i don't honestly give a toss, thank you to all who allowed this to happen. ON STANLEY ON.:theband:

shakermaker 03-11-2009 16:12

What great news. I'm quite overwhelmed. We came so very close to losing our beloved club and to know - for sure - that it is truly OK... well... :D

I'm a little disappointed that O'Neill is still around. Of course he was General Manager for a while before his time as The Great Pretender; but this was under Whalley rule... However, I am delighted by the sign of compromise between the parties. Hopefully O'Neill is working under some sort of probation until Messrs Khan & Marsden are ready to search for an appropriate filler of the role.

Thank you Ilyas. Thank you Peter M. Thank you Peter S. Thank you all.

This is a happy day.

maccawozzagod 03-11-2009 16:13

FANtastic

as far as O'Neil is concerned he can now fade into the background and continue with what appeared to be good work behind the scenes until this whole dreadful fiasco reared its ugly head. The steering of the good ship Stanley is now in safer hands and we can all take a step back, breathe a sigh of relief and let the suits do their work.

Lets all get back to linking arms again and being the loudest and proudest little club in the Football League.

We collectively owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Khan and Mr Marsden for their continued diligence and financial aid. This moment will not be forgotten by the people of Accrington for generations.

Thin Monkey 03-11-2009 16:15

I could kiss Ilyas Khan & Peter Marsden for this news......

In a manly way you understand!

Kiwi John 03-11-2009 16:16

Still begs the question of should something be done about those 2 directors (now former) who alledgedly made certain remarks. I hope they don't get a 'Vice President' role. That would be a bad smudge on the new fur coat.

caretaker 03-11-2009 16:16

I never doubted it