Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Chris Turner? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/chris-turner-52651.html)

Christies Child 07-04-2010 14:55

Chris Turner?

Speculation continues that Chris Turner is on the wanted list at MFC.
From reading your forum it appears that opinions about him are divided. Have to say that with us now looking to sign on Simon Hackney on a more permanent basis and with Duffy and Wainright having already signed up for next season I'm not sure why we are rumoured to be interested in him.

Ian Craney will probably be with us next term but Mr Mullin.....?????

What's the latest from your end?

shakermaker 07-04-2010 15:05

Re: Chris Turner?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christies Child (Post 804442)
From reading your forum it appears that opinions about him are divided. Have to say that with us now looking to sign on Simon Hackney on a more permanent basis and with Duffy and Wainright having already signed up for next season I'm not sure why we are rumoured to be interested in him.

Chris Turner to Morecambe? He's under contract for next year so Morecambe would have to part with some cashish, yet we don't 'have to sell' unless it's a silly offer. If he goes it'll be to an established, well positioned League One club; it'd be pointless making a sideways move. He's struggled with injuries this season but will be a regular in 2010/11.

Jimmy Ryan is better than Ian Craney and the legend that is Paul Mullin has been replaced... even though his replacement is fannying around with signing a contract.

Case closed. Go away. :D

Christies Child 07-04-2010 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 804447)
Chris Turner to Morecambe? He's under contract for next year so Morecambe would have to part with some cashish, yet we don't 'have to sell' unless it's a silly offer. If he goes it'll be to an established, well positioned League One club; it'd be pointless making a sideways move. He's struggled with injuries this season but will be a regular in 2010/11.

Jimmy Ryan is better than Ian Craney and the legend that is Paul Mullin has been replaced... even though his replacement is fannying around with signing a contract.

Case closed. Go away. :D

Sounds like a 'bloody' agent is hawking him around to get a better deal for both Symes and himself. We know how it feels, as it looks as though our goalkeeper is doing the rounds thanks to his agent.:mad::mad::mad:

shakermaker 07-04-2010 15:37

Though our club as a whole detests agents and never deals with them, you can't blame the players. Roche is one of the best 'keepers in this league and if he can get a good deal at a club higher up then fair play. Same with Symes, but it'd would be nice if he could repay the faith shown in him by Coley. Apparently he wants to stay here so fingers crossed we don't have to bend over backwards to keep hold.

Pendle Red 07-04-2010 15:43

Regardless of fees most players will have agents

Exile on Spencer St 07-04-2010 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 804466)
Regardless of fees most players will have agents

Like cat's have fleas. And to the same end. To suck blood out of the host.

Christies Child 07-04-2010 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 804472)
Like cat's have fleas. And to the same end. To suck blood out of the host.

Exactly!

But as most players are thick, it's understandable how they are easily drawn under the spell of agents.

DAV007 07-04-2010 21:08

He told me he was wanted by Oldham

shakermaker - jimmy ryan is better than ian craney.

They play different roles which makes it difficult to compare them and may I add craney is a class above Ryan. Ryan is good but Craney (on his day) is magic.

shakermaker 07-04-2010 22:21

So's John Miles, "on his day". Jimmy Ryan can consistently create chances out of tight spots which is invaluable at this level. That's why he's better than Craney. For me, anyway.

bdc 07-04-2010 22:29

I think that Chris has a bright future but he would be better staying for another season to get a regular run of games. Personally I think it would be better if we got rid of McConville and kept Chris as he is a much better player!

cashman 07-04-2010 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 804526)
I think that Chris has a bright future but he would be better staying for another season to get a regular run of games. Personally I think it would be better if we got rid of McConville and kept Chris as he is a much better player!

Good man.:D

SamF 08-04-2010 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 804523)
So's John Miles, "on his day". Jimmy Ryan can consistently create chances out of tight spots which is invaluable at this level. That's why he's better than Craney. For me, anyway.

Agreed

nige b 08-04-2010 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christies Child (Post 804442)

thought Craney was on loan from Huddersfield so surely it has ****** all to do with Morecambe as to whether he stays or goes and they are obviously so disappointed with Mullers when he has once again weighed in with double figures from limited starts! as stated earlier... GO AWAY

Christies Child 08-04-2010 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 804559)
thought Craney was on loan from Huddersfield so surely it has ****** all to do with Morecambe as to whether he stays or goes and they are obviously so disappointed with Mullers when he has once again weighed in with double figures from limited starts! as stated earlier... GO AWAY

..wait and see..;););)

Morecambe_Red 08-04-2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 804559)

Mullers automatically gets another years contract when he plays a certain number of games and Paul said on Radio Lancs recently that he was near to the number of games.

Its looking like we will retain our "Pride of Lancashire" title again this year:theband::theband::theband::theband: