Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 14:55   #1

Chris Turner?

Speculation continues that Chris Turner is on the wanted list at MFC.
From reading your forum it appears that opinions about him are divided. Have to say that with us now looking to sign on Simon Hackney on a more permanent basis and with Duffy and Wainright having already signed up for next season I'm not sure why we are rumoured to be interested in him.

Ian Craney will probably be with us next term but Mr Mullin.....?????

What's the latest from your end?
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2010, 15:05   #2
God Member

Re: Chris Turner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
From reading your forum it appears that opinions about him are divided. Have to say that with us now looking to sign on Simon Hackney on a more permanent basis and with Duffy and Wainright having already signed up for next season I'm not sure why we are rumoured to be interested in him.

Chris Turner to Morecambe? He's under contract for next year so Morecambe would have to part with some cashish, yet we don't 'have to sell' unless it's a silly offer. If he goes it'll be to an established, well positioned League One club; it'd be pointless making a sideways move. He's struggled with injuries this season but will be a regular in 2010/11.

Jimmy Ryan is better than Ian Craney and the legend that is Paul Mullin has been replaced... even though his replacement is fannying around with signing a contract.

Case closed. Go away.

Last edited by shakermaker; 07-04-2010 at 15:07.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 15:22   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Chris Turner to Morecambe? He's under contract for next year so Morecambe would have to part with some cashish, yet we don't 'have to sell' unless it's a silly offer. If he goes it'll be to an established, well positioned League One club; it'd be pointless making a sideways move. He's struggled with injuries this season but will be a regular in 2010/11.

Jimmy Ryan is better than Ian Craney and the legend that is Paul Mullin has been replaced... even though his replacement is fannying around with signing a contract.

Case closed. Go away.
Sounds like a 'bloody' agent is hawking him around to get a better deal for both Symes and himself. We know how it feels, as it looks as though our goalkeeper is doing the rounds thanks to his agent.
Old 07-04-2010, 15:37   #4
God Member

Though our club as a whole detests agents and never deals with them, you can't blame the players. Roche is one of the best 'keepers in this league and if he can get a good deal at a club higher up then fair play. Same with Symes, but it'd would be nice if he could repay the faith shown in him by Coley. Apparently he wants to stay here so fingers crossed we don't have to bend over backwards to keep hold.
Old 07-04-2010, 15:43   #5
God Member

Regardless of fees most players will have agents

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 16:03   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Regardless of fees most players will have agents
Like cat's have fleas. And to the same end. To suck blood out of the host.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 16:11   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Like cat's have fleas. And to the same end. To suck blood out of the host.
Exactly!

But as most players are thick, it's understandable how they are easily drawn under the spell of agents.
Old 07-04-2010, 21:08   #8
Senior Member+

He told me he was wanted by Oldham

shakermaker - jimmy ryan is better than ian craney.

They play different roles which makes it difficult to compare them and may I add craney is a class above Ryan. Ryan is good but Craney (on his day) is magic.

Last edited by DAV007; 07-04-2010 at 21:15.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 22:21   #9
God Member

So's John Miles, "on his day". Jimmy Ryan can consistently create chances out of tight spots which is invaluable at this level. That's why he's better than Craney. For me, anyway.
Old 07-04-2010, 22:29   #10
bdc

I think that Chris has a bright future but he would be better staying for another season to get a regular run of games. Personally I think it would be better if we got rid of McConville and kept Chris as he is a much better player!
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 22:35   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I think that Chris has a bright future but he would be better staying for another season to get a regular run of games. Personally I think it would be better if we got rid of McConville and kept Chris as he is a much better player!
Good man.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
So's John Miles, "on his day". Jimmy Ryan can consistently create chances out of tight spots which is invaluable at this level. That's why he's better than Craney. For me, anyway.
Agreed
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:55   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post

thought Craney was on loan from Huddersfield so surely it has ****** all to do with Morecambe as to whether he stays or goes and they are obviously so disappointed with Mullers when he has once again weighed in with double figures from limited starts! as stated earlier... GO AWAY
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
thought Craney was on loan from Huddersfield so surely it has ****** all to do with Morecambe as to whether he stays or goes and they are obviously so disappointed with Mullers when he has once again weighed in with double figures from limited starts! as stated earlier... GO AWAY
..wait and see..
Old 08-04-2010, 16:05   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post

Mullers automatically gets another years contract when he plays a certain number of games and Paul said on Radio Lancs recently that he was near to the number of games.

Its looking like we will retain our "Pride of Lancashire" title again this year
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..