Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Cheltenham stewards (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cheltenham-stewards-53130.html)

cheltrobin 08-05-2010 17:42

Cheltenham stewards

From what I saw our policing was terrible your fans did what we did with a crowd surf with the flag, there was no need on them doing what they did. I hope the man what got hurt makes a quick recovery. Our stewards are crap and your not the first club who has visited us and got unfair treatment for them.

Any way other than all of that hope the travailing fans had a good day if it was possible and good luck next season.

MCR ADIM 08-05-2010 17:47

Re: Cheltenham stewards

absoutly disgrace!! heavy handed!! I got a orange jacket on I have more power than anyone!! all we wanted was a party atmosphere once again spoiled by stewards!! hope the old man recovers very quickly! wouldn't of happened had the stewards not intervened!! yet chelt fans can surf thier flags!! not one steward pulling it down!! spolied

sparkie 08-05-2010 18:14

Take a look at the match thread Cheltrobin and the bigger picture will become clear. heavy handed it appears was not the words for it!!! I honestly feel sorry for you guys having to put up with stewards like that week in week out, ours aren't the best but at least they don't behave like yours!!!

Wynonie Harris 08-05-2010 19:40

The stewards were even worse than Crewe's. Worst I've ever seen. Really left a bad taste in the mouth, after a great afternoon out. Hopping mad at the moment. :mad:

Grimps 08-05-2010 21:10

.... knees like a footy ball ... so off to ice it up then ana
thanks to all the help me ...... and to all fans of footy .. not stewards ..

puls did not see goals

cashman 08-05-2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimps (Post 813412)
.... knees like a footy ball ... so off to ice it up then ana
thanks to all the help me ...... and to all fans of footy .. not stewards ..

puls did not see goals

speak to a soliciter monday grimps many saw what actually happened.:mad:

keep the faith 09-05-2010 10:33

It's about time somebody took legal action against one of these jumped up, power mad b****rds. What I saw yesterday was completely "over the top". Those so called stewards were nothing more than legalised thugs, I thought I'd seen it all at Leeds. They completely over reacted to the situation and it was lucky no one was seriously injured. We all witnessed what happened and who it was at the centre of it all. Also, why was it necessary to deploy half the Gloucester constabulary to police the match, talk about overkill.

elchuddy 10-05-2010 15:29

Hope your knee is ok Grimps, I spoke to you in the concourse during the match and asked what happened to you.

the stewarding and policing was a disgrace and quite unnecessary. As I wrote in my post on the "Match" thread I was quite appalled.

big al 10-05-2010 19:45

The elderly gentleman who was injured in the flag incident was very lucky not to have been killed. I was first to him to treat him after he was nearly strangled in the tug of war over the flag. Shame on the Cheltenham steward who started the fiasco & police who I had to shout at to get medical aid to him. He was ill on the coach on the way home & poorly Sunday. There are standards for stewarding & am qualified as a supervisor as many Stanley fans know but do try to put the customer service side of the job to the fore amidst all the regulations. What I have seen from some away stewarding this season make our lads angels in comparison. There deserves and will be more from this debacle and all complaints need to be put in writing to the club, keep a copy as if the club do not reply within 14 days they can be reported to the FA. The old gentleman already suffers from angina & cancer & he will be complaining as he has a perfect right to.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon6.gifhttp://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon8.gif

Gribbster 11-05-2010 22:54

stewards were a disgrace! my cousin nearly got crushed with all the stewards pillin round us!
hes only 12! complete disgrace

lukeogtfc 11-05-2010 23:02

Hate stewards :@

nige b 11-05-2010 23:56

has there been any recourse as of yet?

nige b 12-05-2010 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukeogtfc (Post 814060)
hate stewards :@

as do i fella but you guys didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory on Saturday did they!

AccyMad 12-05-2010 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 814072)
as do i fella but you guys didn't exactly cover yourselves in glory on Saturday did they!

Could you please explain what you mean by that? Were you there, the Stanley fans did nothing wrong & innocent people got hurt & abused by their stewards :confused:

cashman 12-05-2010 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 814118)
Could you please explain what you mean by that? Were you there, the Stanley fans did nothing wrong & innocent people got hurt & abused by their stewards :confused:

wake up, think nige is refering to grimsby fans.:D;)