Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tuesday Meeting (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tuesday-meeting-54848.html)

Peterdavies 15-09-2010 22:03

Re: Tuesday Meeting

lo siento Dave, me no ablo espanol, but if you click on the union flag, you get an english page too....clever buggers these spaniards....

Peterdavies 15-09-2010 22:12

Just shows how clever they are.....

the new Board, after the last election, had a meeting to agree how they should act, ethically (Ilyas would approve), and appoint various Directors to act for the legal and social side of the business.....

Then elected Zinedine Zidane as Advisor to the new president.....

Not daft

cashman 15-09-2010 22:19

a concern of mine peter is whilst Real Madrid, Fcum, ex Man Utd, are successful, they are monster clubs with a massive fanbase, we are simply Accrington Stanley............... greatest little club in the world, but the operative word being "Little":eek: aint for or against, don't know n am concerned.

Peterdavies 15-09-2010 22:40

It doesn't matter how big they are. FC United started like Accy Stanley (reborn) - ia a pub.

Real Madrid started in a college with students, then moved on and formed Madrid Football Club, with 50 members. It took them 105 years to get organised, and for most of that time they rented the ground and got changed in a pub.....

Although a "little" club, we have some amazing fans. "we" raised £100,000 to help in a very short time. Ilyas was talking about a few quid membership. OK, we get up to 2,000 for most matches, and we don't have almost 2,000 fan clubs around the world.

However, I know there is a fan club in Omagh, Northern Ireland, and there are others too, there are always guys arriving from overseas to watch, and we do have a name that everyone knows (and adds - "who are they"). A proper web campaign to recruit members, and don't be shy - use the Real Madrid example - the papers already have - OWN ACCRINGTON STANLEY - be a member of the most famous "little" club in the world.

Three years ago (I think), Ebbsfleet United was chosen by a group of guys on the internet and they sold "shares" in the club for £35 - I bought one as part of the experiment (plus I was doing a degree at the time and studying lower league football clubs) - they aimed to raise £1 million, and very nearly did. EBBSFLEET UNITED _ I didnt even know where it was......

don't forget where the club has come from.... now you can help decide where it goes from here

lancsdave 16-09-2010 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 845285)
a concern of mine peter is whilst Real Madrid, Fcum, ex Man Utd, are successful, they are monster clubs with a massive fanbase, we are simply Accrington Stanley............... greatest little club in the world, but the operative word being "Little":eek: aint for or against, don't know n am concerned.

Not sure why you would need to be concerned Mr C. It doesn't matter if all the shares aren't sold, they have already been bought once. They are only being sold by the new organisation as a method of giving people a membership option. Any money raised from them is a bonus to the club.

Pendle Red 16-09-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterdavies (Post 845288)
It doesn't matter how big they are. FC United started like Accy Stanley (reborn) - ia a pub.

Real Madrid started in a college with students, then moved on and formed Madrid Football Club, with 50 members. It took them 105 years to get organised, and for most of that time they rented the ground and got changed in a pub.....

Although a "little" club, we have some amazing fans. "we" raised £100,000 to help in a very short time. Ilyas was talking about a few quid membership. OK, we get up to 2,000 for most matches, and we don't have almost 2,000 fan clubs around the world.

However, I know there is a fan club in Omagh, Northern Ireland, and there are others too, there are always guys arriving from overseas to watch, and we do have a name that everyone knows (and adds - "who are they"). A proper web campaign to recruit members, and don't be shy - use the Real Madrid example - the papers already have - OWN ACCRINGTON STANLEY - be a member of the most famous "little" club in the world.

Three years ago (I think), Ebbsfleet United was chosen by a group of guys on the internet and they sold "shares" in the club for £35 - I bought one as part of the experiment (plus I was doing a degree at the time and studying lower league football clubs) - they aimed to raise £1 million, and very nearly did. EBBSFLEET UNITED _ I didnt even know where it was......

don't forget where the club has come from.... now you can help decide where it goes from here

I think both templates for both FC United & Real Madrid are interesting in what they bring in terms of vibrancy and being able to effectively run their Clubs in terms of money & being self sufficient.

As Cashy rightly points out these are effectively the Biggest Club in the World in Real who operate a system of socio (club member) which you must be to become a season ticket holder and they also have over 1800 peñas (official club affiliated supporters clubs), even FC was started with fans disenchanted by the goings on at the second largest Club in the World.

FC also operate a yearly membership scheme to become members is that something best served for Stanly in that it would be a revenue scheme on a yearly basis or would a monthly/weekly scheme serve better?

Revenue brought in this way could be used to improve facilities now and could be chosen by the fans or could it go to help with squad building, training facilities etc?

Or would then detract from things already in operation by diverting peoples disposable income or would it if done in the correct manner effectively put more money into the Club?

Stanley are some way off that but with the correct structure put in place now it can grow to achieve that, I think Stanley have a lot of skin shedding to do to get to that stage but what could be put into practice now can be something that effectively grows as the Club starts to build whether that is in terms of fanbase or newer facilities or a combination of both.

As LD also pointed out erlier in this thread any new ground will hopefully take into account facilities that can effectively bring income streams 365 days a year but we are still at the Crown and we have a facility that could become more community focussed at the Club in the Lounge that could maybe become a social hub for the community whether that be as a Mum & Tots group in the mornings, a Youth Club in the Evenings they would add to the social dimension and attractiveness of the Club now bringing people into contact with the Club who would normally not come anywhere near.

There are so many paths to choose and not every one will be the right one but with as many people onboard with ideas, opinions and know how it can shape the Club for years to come and grow as the Club grows.

On Stanley On

Pendle Red 16-09-2010 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 845161)
:) Hi Baggy sorry fella,with what was said last night no one would be allowed to own more than (i'll us the figure which was put out last night but not set in stone) 4.9%:)

Surely any community group set up will have a bigger stakeholding than that?

Pendle Red 16-09-2010 07:59

A little more info on the Real Madrid model Why Real Madrid is so rich ? Soccer Tickets Online

lancsdave 16-09-2010 08:13

All this talk of Real Madrid has got me thinking, how about renaming the Crown Ground... The Burnleybow Stadium :D

PS. Before replying please remember, you are live on Accyweb, no swearing please :p

DAV007 16-09-2010 09:10

Fan ownership works, this is great news.

Doug 16-09-2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 845321)
All this talk of Real Madrid has got me thinking, how about renaming the Crown Ground... The Burnleybow Stadium :D

PS. Before replying please remember, you are live on Accyweb, no swearing please :p

Love it Dave; :) when they pull the Crown Ground down the cleared area is to become a sewerage holding tank….So Burnley Bow Pit Hole will be a perfect name. :D

Doug 16-09-2010 10:00

It’s a lovely idea and I hope it becomes a reality one day, but look at the numbers; even with a world wide membership I understand in the OSC we only have 50 + membership, I’ve no idea how many there are in the ASSF; don’t even know how to contact them about membership.

But what about Now…….why aren’t we focusing on developing what we already have.

Long time red 16-09-2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 845342)
Fan ownership works, this is great news.

Certainly does!!!!!!! Ebbsflett refered to earlier as a shining example. FA Trophy winners in 2008 shortly after becoming a "fans club" Now playing in Conf South. Lets be careful what we do, I want ASFC here for the long term, and not being used to satisfy certain peoples romantic whims.
How many people on here have either played for or managed a football club at a decent level, Not many, or run a Million £ business even fewer.

cashman 16-09-2010 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long time red (Post 845374)
Certainly does!!!!!!! Ebbsflett refered to earlier as a shining example. FA Trophy winners in 2008 shortly after becoming a "fans club" Now playing in Conf South. Lets be careful what we do, I want ASFC here for the long term, and not being used to satisfy certain peoples romantic whims.
How many people on here have either played for or managed a football club at a decent level, Not many, or run a Million £ business even fewer.

Agree mate, i would like to know if someone that actually knows the score, has researched the failures n found the reasons why? also the success stories n there reasons, i'm all fer advancement n going forward, but its got to be right! until all facts are produced, how can anyone make a balanced decision? :confused:

Pendle Red 16-09-2010 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Long time red (Post 845374)

That's why now is so important if community ownership is the route the Club goes down then issues like yourelf, Doug and Cashy's are raising they are addressed, taken on board and worked out.

The goals and aims have to be realistic in terms of where you want to be at certain timelines.