Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16   #1

Tuesday Meeting

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Tuesday.

I have, as you would expect, recieved a lot of feedback on the topics or issues that people feel are important.

The objective of Tuesday is not to make decisions, but to really speak openly about the things that you all feel should be taken into account as we continue this journey towards creating a transparent, open, healthy, community supported, vibrant and healthy club.

The meeting is open to all. I hope that we will be able to listen with courtesy to each other, and regardless of whether we agree or disagree, we can learn from different opinions. I am hoping the meeting will take no longer than an hour, and we aim to start at 7.15pm at the old St James School building on Canon Street.

with my warmest regards
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2010, 11:27   #2
God Member

Smile Re: Tuesday Meeting

Hope to see you there Ilyas And I would also like to take the opportunity to say thank you for arranging/attending this meeting and I am hopeful that (together) we can all help to move the club on yet another step(s) towards a brighter future

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48   #3
God Member

Re: Tuesday Meeting

Looking forward to it will see you there

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

should be n interesting evening.
Old 12-09-2010, 17:22   #5
God Member

yep, looking forward to this.

Ilyas, will the club be represented by Rob/Don etc?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 19:30   #6
Member.

Ilyas; regrettably I won’t be able to make the meeting, but I wish you and all that attend well; I hope and trust that the message will have got out and I’m sure there will be some positive outcomes for the future of the Club.

Is it possible for you to confirm the position with David following his comments regarding him not resigning in the Observer?

Is it also possible that an accord can be reached with the club for future events to be held in the club house at the Crown, thereafter allowing us to benefit from the income over the bar and the feeling of pride of working on home ground.

Best regards

Doug

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 08:12   #7
God Member

Looking forward to it, see you all there
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 20:59   #8
God Member

well then? anyone for the full details?

poor Tin Monkey has been sat here all night waiting for the analysis
Old 14-09-2010, 21:19   #9
God Member

Best I can do, as I did not write owt down....

Some stuff similar to what was said in The Crown Pub a few weeks ago.

Club don't make any cash, only way to change this is to move to a new ground, which will attract FANs and sponsorship. In the meantime Ilyas will take up any shortfalls.

Very soon, there will be new shares created - 200'000? - this then reduces EW/DON %

On that subject, IK was asked about 51% ownership, he said in his opinion, Companies house states that EW owns 51%! But that DON believes that he has done a deal with EW.

Old 14-09-2010, 21:25   #10
God Member

Chris Flannelagain and Dany were there, so it will be in a paper some time.

There was also talk of new management/structure, professional people to work along people we have now RH/DON...

I forgot about the 200'000 shares, these are for any/all FANs to buy, therefore club - in the main - owned by FANs.

A commitee/body/group of people - some FANs, some professionals will be in charge of these shares, which will be donated by IK/PM.

Ground funded by IK, then given to the club.

Old 14-09-2010, 21:26   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Tuesday.

I have, as you would expect, recieved a lot of feedback on the topics or issues that people feel are important.

The objective of Tuesday is not to make decisions, but to really speak openly about the things that you all feel should be taken into account as we continue this journey towards creating a transparent, open, healthy, community supported, vibrant and healthy club.

The meeting is open to all. I hope that we will be able to listen with courtesy to each other, and regardless of whether we agree or disagree, we can learn from different opinions. I am hoping the meeting will take no longer than an hour, and we aim to start at 7.15pm at the old St James School building on Canon Street.

with my warmest regards
Ilyas
An interesting evening, for the proposals going forward. Read the FC United of Manchester website when I got back, having started with Real madrid, as you suggested. Both websites have some very interesting constitutional points, United's (despite what we think of the "other United") is probably most appropriate as they seem to be a true community club, albeit a world wide community in their case. Will await your post with interest, and hope I can contribute effectively.
Old 14-09-2010, 21:27   #12
Senior Member+

Sorry could not make it tonight as I am in Northumberland andnI won't getback until Saturday. Will try to pick up on the news viathe i.phone

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 21:28   #13
God Member

IK was asked about EW - more than once - and said that(in his opinion) we should not dwell/ponder on the subject too long, it is in the past and we must all move on.

Old 14-09-2010, 21:32   #14
God Member

IK talked about a "Constitution" and suggested that he would post one/it on here early next week. This is for people to read and digest, then put forward their opinions/views, from this will be generated another/final "Constitution" , which will in turn, be handed/offered to the club.

Old 14-09-2010, 21:38   #15
God Member

Cannot think of much more, but Jase/Loweiy/Cashy/UK/AccyMad, to name but 5 were there, but in essence, look forwards not backwards and have the club looked after/cherished and cared for by the FANs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..