Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Dwindling Home Support? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/dwindling-home-support-55675.html)

Pendle Red 22-11-2010 05:22

Re: Dwindling Home Support?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 863377)
:mosher:Agreed Google Page Ranking!!and nodout a statement will appear on the fishy site when the work is compleated:)

I am not having a go at you Mab but at the Club with this, this is serious stuff which potentially our future as a FL Club may hang, no doubt they have already told the FL and their chairman via his visit last week the updates.

But we are equally as important, I sense there maybe a view within the Club until it is nailed down and complete they don't announce anything as things can go wrong?

Wrong there should be a structured timetable and regular updates via whatever news source the Club choose.

jaysay 22-11-2010 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 863258)
Different licencing authorities apply different rules. :rolleyes:

You'd fool me the flags at anfield on Saturday were masive on huge poles:confused:

jaysay 22-11-2010 08:57

You would think it would be in the clubs own interests to issue a statement on just what the rules and regs are they HAVE to adhere too, which would stop all this nonsense

cashman 22-11-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 863411)
You would think it would be in the clubs own interests to issue a statement on just what the rules and regs are they HAVE to adhere too, which would stop all this nonsense

it would be in the clubs best interests, if those at the head wished it to prosper.:rolleyes:

jaysay 22-11-2010 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 863438)
it would be in the clubs best interests, if those at the head wished it to prosper.:rolleyes:

If those at the top don't want the club to prosper the games a bogy;)

maccawozzagod 22-11-2010 16:14

the club never issued any proper statement (I cant remember even a rubbish statement but might be wrong).

the club never issued a statement regarding the trouble after the Newcastle match, when EVERYBODY was blaming the stewards and police.

the club never issue statements on anything that matters to us, and the ones they do release are about as informative as a wet tea towel

Redash 22-11-2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 863482)

the club never issue statements on anything that matters to us, and the ones they do release are about as informative as a wet tea towel

Or asking for money:rolleyes:

yonmon 22-11-2010 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 863438)

Nowt to do with Flags or Smoke Pellets Cashy !... but this just might reverse your original concern about dwindling gates !!..

Stanley's weekend match winner Sean McConville has been named in the Football League's Team of the Week.

A bit of good news at last ??.

Billy Casper 22-11-2010 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 863507)

Stanley's weekend match winner Sean McConville has been named in the Football League's Team of the Week.

A bit of good news at last ??.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

BedsRed 22-11-2010 19:36

To my mind the Ultras are the one selling point bout Stanley for new fans. Our neighbours are always going to be able to offer more glamour and glitz (even the Dingles) and better facilities so the atmosphere at Dtanley has always been the bog draw. Even on the non league days the craic behind the goal was usually more entertaining than what was in front of it. I really hope that the Ultras issues with the club can be resolved. We cannot afford to give anyone reason to stay away.

Says the guy who can only get to a couple of games each season.

BTW this MCConville that's playing so well. Is he related to that ineffective scouse winger that's been at the club for the las few years?

cashman 22-11-2010 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BedsRed (Post 863542)
To my mind the Ultras are the one selling point bout Stanley for new fans. Our neighbours are always going to be able to offer more glamour and glitz (even the Dingles) and better facilities so the atmosphere at Dtanley has always been the bog draw. Even on the non league days the craic behind the goal was usually more entertaining than what was in front of it. I really hope that the Ultras issues with the club can be resolved. We cannot afford to give anyone reason to stay away.

BTW this MCConville that's playing so well. Is he related to that ineffective scouse winger that's been at the club for the las few years?

wouldn't go as far as saying hes playing so well mate, lol to be fair he has improved a bit.;) whatever happens between the club n ultras, the silence from the club certainly don't help matters, on numerous points.:(

BedsRed 22-11-2010 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 863548)
the silence from the club certainly don't help matters, on numerous points.:(

Same old Stanley, Cashy. Kim Jong Il is more open. It beggers belief. I don't buy the conspiracy theories - I've said before that I'm not sure anyone at the club is bright enough to think it through - but someone needs to budge a little before all that good work goes to waste.

And on the subject of that good work, I understand that the architect of all that is Ultra is due a result shortly. Good luck, WM. Hope it's the right one.

John_Timmins 12-12-2010 12:11

A couple of members of the ultras have had a chat with the club this week, and pending the certificates for the flags being sorted this week which should be done early this week the flags will be back on the clayton end.

Pendle Red 12-12-2010 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Timmins (Post 868404)
A couple of members of the ultras have had a chat with the club this week, and pending the certificates for the flags being sorted this week which should be done early this week the flags will be back on the clayton end.

That's Good News John:)

Well done to those concerned

VALAIRIAN 12-12-2010 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Timmins (Post 868404)

Nice one JT!!! Any new flags on the way????