Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Open Forum Event (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/open-forum-event-56401.html)

Pendle Red 14-01-2011 14:06

Open Forum Event

There will be a live open forum Open to all supporters with view of Play off bid campaign

ASFC News Story > 3786

Intriguing...

Should be interesting and hopefully positive:)

lancsdave 14-01-2011 15:02

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 875198)
ASFC News Story > 3786

Intriguing...

Should be interesting and hopefully positive:)

What is it ?

Pendle Red 14-01-2011 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875220)
What is it ?

Dunno but I hope it is something positive?

Footy Nut 14-01-2011 15:20

When I looked at this earlier it said there was a closed forum for the press in the morning. This has now been removed. Why?

lancsdave 14-01-2011 15:43

So who's taking the Bob Geldof role ? :D

Footy Nut 14-01-2011 15:54

Maybe we are launching a new kit. That would bring in money for a play-off push!

mab 14-01-2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footy Nut (Post 875240)
Maybe we are launching a new kit. That would bring in money for a play-off push!

Not yet!! End of season;)

lancsdave 14-01-2011 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footy Nut (Post 875240)

Money was already on the table for a January investment in the play off push. As the club don't want it then this has to be something different. ;)

VALAIRIAN 14-01-2011 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875235)
So who's taking the Bob Geldof role ? :D

Macca.... ;) :D :D

AccyMad 15-01-2011 08:47

Maybe they're launching a new SOS Appeal???????????

SPUGGIE J 15-01-2011 11:11

The powers that be have decided they need to listen to the grass root suport to move forwąrd.

Ok that might be pushing it a bit so here is hoping it is something good and positive.

shakermaker 15-01-2011 12:18

Isn't it just a Google Page Ranking exercise? A rallying call to the fans launching our push for the play-offs? Or am I taking too literal a reading from 'Play off bid 2011 - launch event forum'.

See that's why we're not further up the table, instead of 'launching' in August, we're catching them all by surprise and 'launching' in January. :)

Pendle Red 15-01-2011 12:50

There may be a mixture of what both Spuggie & Shaker have mentioned within the Forum?

At least the Club have maybe taken the lead on something for a change?

It's time the wind of change blew threw the place and gave fans the chance to perhaps maybe at least ask questions or maybe be involved in something.

I am probably clutching at straws but forever the optimist:)

lancsdave 15-01-2011 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 875464)
Isn't it just a Google Page Ranking exercise? A rallying call to the fans launching our push for the play-offs? Or am I taking too literal a reading from 'Play off bid 2011 - launch event forum'.

See that's why we're not further up the table, instead of 'launching' in August, we're catching them all by surprise and 'launching' in January. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 875474)
There may be a mixture of what both Spuggie & Shaker have mentioned within the Forum?

At least the Club have maybe taken the lead on something for a change?

It's time the wind of change blew threw the place and gave fans the chance to perhaps maybe at least ask questions or maybe be involved in something.

I am probably clutching at straws but forever the optimist:)

Well as long as you both think there's no request for money sounds good :)

Have to admit it's a novel idea, try and get 3 points in front of 1500 (ish) people the night before then invite a few of them round for drinks the night after to discuss it. The only problem is if it works will there have to be one after every game for the superstitious amongst you :D

sherry 15-01-2011 15:03

We must get away from this impression that we are all a bunch of supersticious(suspicious?) cynics! :D