Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Open Forum Event (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/open-forum-event-56401.html)

Pendle Red 14-01-2011 14:06

Open Forum Event

There will be a live open forum Open to all supporters with view of Play off bid campaign

ASFC News Story > 3786

Intriguing...

Should be interesting and hopefully positive:)

lancsdave 14-01-2011 15:02

Re: Open Forum Event

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 875198)
ASFC News Story > 3786

Intriguing...

Should be interesting and hopefully positive:)

What is it ?

Pendle Red 14-01-2011 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875220)
What is it ?

Dunno but I hope it is something positive?

Footy Nut 14-01-2011 15:20

When I looked at this earlier it said there was a closed forum for the press in the morning. This has now been removed. Why?

lancsdave 14-01-2011 15:43

So who's taking the Bob Geldof role ? :D

Footy Nut 14-01-2011 15:54

Maybe we are launching a new kit. That would bring in money for a play-off push!

mab 14-01-2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footy Nut (Post 875240)
Maybe we are launching a new kit. That would bring in money for a play-off push!

Not yet!! End of season;)

lancsdave 14-01-2011 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footy Nut (Post 875240)

Money was already on the table for a January investment in the play off push. As the club don't want it then this has to be something different. ;)

VALAIRIAN 14-01-2011 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875235)
So who's taking the Bob Geldof role ? :D

Macca.... ;) :D :D

AccyMad 15-01-2011 08:47

Maybe they're launching a new SOS Appeal???????????

SPUGGIE J 15-01-2011 11:11

The powers that be have decided they need to listen to the grass root suport to move forwąrd.

Ok that might be pushing it a bit so here is hoping it is something good and positive.

shakermaker 15-01-2011 12:18

Isn't it just a Google Page Ranking exercise? A rallying call to the fans launching our push for the play-offs? Or am I taking too literal a reading from 'Play off bid 2011 - launch event forum'.

See that's why we're not further up the table, instead of 'launching' in August, we're catching them all by surprise and 'launching' in January. :)

Pendle Red 15-01-2011 12:50

There may be a mixture of what both Spuggie & Shaker have mentioned within the Forum?

At least the Club have maybe taken the lead on something for a change?

It's time the wind of change blew threw the place and gave fans the chance to perhaps maybe at least ask questions or maybe be involved in something.

I am probably clutching at straws but forever the optimist:)

lancsdave 15-01-2011 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 875464)
Isn't it just a Google Page Ranking exercise? A rallying call to the fans launching our push for the play-offs? Or am I taking too literal a reading from 'Play off bid 2011 - launch event forum'.

See that's why we're not further up the table, instead of 'launching' in August, we're catching them all by surprise and 'launching' in January. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 875474)
There may be a mixture of what both Spuggie & Shaker have mentioned within the Forum?

At least the Club have maybe taken the lead on something for a change?

It's time the wind of change blew threw the place and gave fans the chance to perhaps maybe at least ask questions or maybe be involved in something.

I am probably clutching at straws but forever the optimist:)

Well as long as you both think there's no request for money sounds good :)

Have to admit it's a novel idea, try and get 3 points in front of 1500 (ish) people the night before then invite a few of them round for drinks the night after to discuss it. The only problem is if it works will there have to be one after every game for the superstitious amongst you :D

sherry 15-01-2011 15:03

We must get away from this impression that we are all a bunch of supersticious(suspicious?) cynics! :D

LongLostSon 15-01-2011 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 875558)
We must get away from this impression that we are all a bunch of supersticious(suspicious?) cynics! :D

- - - and I was just going to ask if it is a playoff for ownership of the club ! Regard my knuckles as being rapped then eh, Sherry ?:(

sherry 15-01-2011 16:02

Never LLS! You can rap mine though for the none deliberate mistake (superstitious) .:o

LongLostSon 15-01-2011 16:59

being marooned on a stickyout bit into the english channel, I am not in tune with events on the crown ground. Am I right in thinking that the atmosphere has diminished in a non-fire retardant sort of way ? If so might this forum be an ideal stage to sort this matter out with the club in a playoff push sort of way ?

Pendle Red 15-01-2011 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 875636)
being marooned on a stickyout bit into the english channel, I am not in tune with events on the crown ground. Am I right in thinking that the atmosphere has diminished in a non-fire retardant sort of way ? If so might this forum be an ideal stage to sort this matter out with the club in a playoff push sort of way ?

Hi LLS if you are referring to the Flags & Banners they are back and really have added to the atmosphere at the last two home games.:)

lancsdave 15-01-2011 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 875558)

I know you said that in jest, but having read back on some of my posts the past few days I've realised what a bitter person I've been made to look by the clowns running the circus. For the good of my health, (there's only so much blood boiling the human body can take :) ), it's time to distance myself.

Good luck for the rest of the season :)

LongLostSon 15-01-2011 22:20

thanks Pendle - brilliant news

LongLostSon 15-01-2011 22:25

hope you wrote that in jest Dave - I for one enjoy reading your posts mate so carry on carrying on please.

Wynonie Harris 15-01-2011 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 875702)
I know you said that in jest, but having read back on some of my posts the past few days I've realised what a bitter person I've been made to look by the clowns running the circus. For the good of my health, (there's only so much blood boiling the human body can take :) ), it's time to distance myself.

Good luck for the rest of the season :)

Now then, young Dave, like LLS, I sincerely hope you're having a little joke. We need your brand of amusingly wry cynicism and dry wit! :D

sherry 15-01-2011 22:46

I second LLS Dave. Your posts would be missed not to mention your insight into events/notices
which sometimes elude we lesser mortals.

Plus opening the valve to release the pressure on the boiling blood is better for the good of your health.
:-**

ukcowboy 16-01-2011 00:14

Hang on a mo guys n gals...............Im pretty sure this is a typo error, surely it should read "push off and let us play?".............or am I being a little over pessamistic?(sp)

Stanleymad 16-01-2011 11:07

It's funny or strange that the club has pulled this event out of the air putting it out there without any reason why or what it's to achieve??? :confused: I'm sceptical on motive like uk says jc usually just wants everyone to push off and let him play his way or is this call from dick n don I wonder? The problems ain't with the TEAM itself we have good players and prove our contention in the league well - the problem is off field and finance to back JC & JB!!

Just to confirm LD wasn't joking this time he has come to the end of the line as far as stanley is concerned, pushed too far and this is from someone who doesn't support Stanley but wanted better for Stanley fans whom are friends of his and importance of Stanley in our town, but feels all efforts are for nothing and the lack of gratitude when we all have done whatever we can for the club is thrown back when the club just won't adapt to change or learn lessons of the past going forward. I can see where he's coming from and feel the same way myself and sadness of it as a Stanley fan but hey ho it won't change apathy is set in.

maccawozzagod 16-01-2011 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 875782)
Just to confirm LD wasn't joking this time he has come to the end of the line as far as stanley is concerned, pushed too far and this is from someone who doesn't support Stanley but wanted better for Stanley fans whom are friends of his and importance of Stanley in our town, but feels all efforts are for nothing and the lack of gratitude when we all have done whatever we can for the club is thrown back when the club just won't adapt to change or learn lessons of the past going forward. I can see where he's coming from and feel the same way myself and sadness of it as a Stanley fan but hey ho it won't change apathy is set in.

i take it they still aren't paying their bills then?

Stanleymad 16-01-2011 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 875789)
i take it they still aren't paying their bills then?

It's not about just the bills it's more about the attitude, treatment of people, gratitude and appreciation for anyone who helps the club and keeping promises also transparency :(

ukcowboy 16-01-2011 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 875793)
It's not about just the bills it's more about the attitude, treatment of people, gratitude and appreciation for anyone who helps the club and keeping promises also transparency :(

Yet another local business that was prepared to get involved gets 'shafted', it really is beyond the pale..........Mel, Dave Im sorry its gone tits up so to speak, but thanks for everything you did for the club....................I would have given up months ago!

sherry 16-01-2011 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 875818)
Yet another local business that was prepared to get involved gets 'shafted', it really is beyond the pale..........Mel, Dave Im sorry its gone tits up so to speak, but thanks for everything you did for the club....................I would have given up months ago!

So say all of us who have even a little insight into the lack of respect shown to those who have done their best to support the club in many guises.

Wynonie Harris 16-01-2011 17:56

Disgraceful that two people who have gone the extra mile for the club should be treated in this way. Even more galling when it happens to two mates of mine and many others in the Stanley "family".

My blood is boiling now and I think I'll end this post before I say something I may regret! But before I do, I'd just like to echo Cowboy's and Sherry's sentiments - thank you, Mel and Dave for all you've done for the club. We, the ordinary fans, appreciate it and won't forget it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stanleymad 16-01-2011 18:17

Cheers friends, its not a sudden thing but over the period of time before the sos till this season, its just the realisation of things at the top not changing nor seemingly will do by many fans posts that its a like it lump situation and honestly do not want it to be about us -this is just our view of whats happened and how we feel about it and know the people that should be responsible wont accept responsibility for the way things are going. John Coleman & Jimmy Bell and their red n white army will get my support BUT the people who proclaim to own and run it DONT!

Stanleymad 16-01-2011 18:39

Just to re-iterate the point of posts we don't want it to be about us - it's a motion of something has to give at higher up maybe re-open discussions of the ownership, share issue that has been forgotten, relations between supporters, business and community. Some people have intermated that discussion is negative as is motion of change. If that kicks arse then so be it but doing nothing but winging is negative and is the point of post and why we have taken our stance and wish not to have sympathy, we always had support from people here and will return it No probs
- thanks :) it's just a principle of where the club is failing in the usual places is the point. What started last season till the fans meeting in aug/sept and then the drive just disappeared ....:confused:

My winging will cease and hope at some point I'll open my mouth when things turn upwards and change is motioned until then I shall remain quiet other than on pitch talk which is the only positive thing about Stanley other than the supporters :)

maccawozzagod 16-01-2011 21:51

oops sorry Mel, didn't mean to open a potential can of worms but if i did then sod 'em! I'd also like to express my thanks for the efforts that the pair of you have made and attempted to make.

Unfortunately you are just another statistic of local businesses/individuals that have been shat upon by the Stanley powerbrokers and until that changes I have become one of the 'couldn't give a monkeys' brigade as well. I'll not part with a penny more than I have to whilst the current regime continues to make my club a laughing stock.

There have been so many mistakes - both deliberate and accidental made by the club over the past few years that I fear it will never be recouperable for the older generations of fans that we still may have been able to sway. And its not just walk ons that we need, we need the support of the business sector and I can summise that most of Hyndburn wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, through the lack of respect shown and also the fact that they aren't trustworthy. I'm not calling them thieves by any stretch of the imagination - but I couldn't trust them to do the right thing with any money given. Any success that Coley may or may not bring to the club is in spite of the hierarchy not because of it. Dav007 posted last summer that he wouldn't be going to home games because of it, and I have reluctantly joined that thought. Mostly because I'm skint but also partly because I'd rather my occasional games are away from home!

Roll on the regime change please ....

Kiwi John 17-01-2011 07:11

What a HUGE loss for readers of this forum to lose the wit and sarcasem of Lancashire Dave. Please continue to post here Dave, your absence will make threads just that wee bit less entertaining. I am not surprised the club can't satisfy all its creditors ontime, most business's can't, but to leave a smaller enterprise waiting so long AND not just any old company,one run by people who have the club extremely close to their hearts, is positively criminal. I just love my ASFC card Dave, its brilliant.
BTW, would Dave and Mels predicament sit well with Illyas (if he was aware of it)?

Stanleymad 17-01-2011 10:12

Thanks Macca u get the point interesting that u would prefer an occasional away game than home - that speaks volumes, we're all struggling with finances and where our money goes is taken more thoughtfully than before. Our little empire will still survive without Stanley (in fact better) it's the fact of the relationship between that and the club now ignored no continuity, despite free space in a prime spot in town centre was offered to the club, it's not all about money you know!

What about those that have given their free time to help the club with selling programmes, 50-50, clearing pitch help fixing the various areas of the ground - what value does the club give in appreciation, do they feel valued for their time?

Billy Casper 17-01-2011 11:27

Going off subject just a tiny bit, BUT, Does anybody know what has happened to our "Transparent" Saviour ?, (has become very transparent:) ).

Stanleymad 19-01-2011 12:14

Back to topic! Is anyone going? I don't know if I want to or not just don't have a good feeling about it altho welcome any chance of communication about our club, last time we had any sort of fans forum was the SOS apeal and been even longer since JC has personally held one, I've no real complaints of JC and what the manager needs from us. Tho after last nites result maybe we're pushing it too early :confused: Just a bit confused about the note of 'special offers' so denote it's a financial push as well, is it asking our support or is it wonga related ? :rolleyes:

ukcowboy 19-01-2011 12:19

I suspect both Mel, am in two minds whether to go or not tbh. If its just a 'support the lads push', then I fail to see any benefit as the lads get our support regardless, however if it is support the lads by buying x.y.or z, then Im afraid I would find that a bitter pill to swallow.

Stanleymad 19-01-2011 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 876577)
I suspect both Mel, am in two minds whether to go or not tbh. If its just a 'support the lads push', then I fail to see any benefit as the lads get our support regardless, however if it is support the lads by buying x.y.or z, then Im afraid I would find that a bitter pill to swallow.

Not only me then same feeling if it is monetry support I wouldn't be able to swallow the pill - that's what's worrying me about going is the latter & I'm sure I could point them in the direction of how to unburden the money woes but suspect they won't take and looking towards the supporters wallets & that worries me especially in today's economic climate even more so after last time. I can't see anymore other support we can give John other than Stanley at heart.

JEFF 19-01-2011 13:45

I also think that the begging bowls will be out for this Push for the Play Off Campaign. Probably should be re-named Push for the Pay the Bills Campaign, or Push for the Keep out Ilyas Khan Campaign. I, personally, and I suspect the majority of supporters will not be contributing until it is re-named Push for the Whalley Out Campaign.

lew 19-01-2011 13:48

Hi,

Just to put minds at ease, this isn't an SOS appeal, nor is it a money pot scenario. We are opening up the internal club departments for people to interact with and see just what goes on behind the scenes.

We aim to outline some principal ideas on just how we are aiming to galvenise the town and it's surrounding areas as well as showing our supporters that we are very positive about our future and indeed showing you the fans how we can help you save money for the remainder of the season.

We are opening the doors so to speak so you can see what we do, as well as have a chance to meet and talk to the management team, players and staff. As Jimmy Bell mentioned in the Press Conference this morning "there are 101 ways to support your club".

As it is a forum, we are encouraging your ideas to help us move forward for this season and next so please come down to see us. You might just be surprised.

We are extremely busy preparing so I would encourage any ideas to be shared at the forum. (which opens it's doors at 6pm with the forum beginning a little later to allow people to arrive from work.)

Stanleymad 19-01-2011 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 876599)
I also think that the begging bowls will be out for this Push for the Play Off Campaign. Probably should be re-named Push for the Pay the Bills Campaign, or Push for the Keep out Ilyas Khan Campaign. I, personally, and I suspect the majority of supporters will not be contributing until it is re-named Push for the Whalley Out Campaign.

You aswell jeff I was thinking I was being too suspicious for my own good :) WOC has new members lol. Are u going tonight ?

Stanleymad 19-01-2011 14:00

Thanks lew for expansion on details, would of been handy to have that part of the storyline on fishy site - would of eased the Stanley fans mind as to agenda. Tho the things you wish to aim to get ideas has already been voiced particularly on here and thro other means, so means another re-iteration of same ideas for improvement raked over again. Tho a good example of Stanley positivity within town and community is shown thro our community team atm, matt and fearo watching them grow independantly is great promise and praise. Thanks for clarifying things for us Lew :)

lancsdave 19-01-2011 14:16

Deleted for cyniscism reasons :)

JEFF 19-01-2011 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 876601)
You aswell jeff I was thinking I was being too suspicious for my own good :) WOC has new members lol. Are u going tonight ?

Can't go tonight have other business on, but the WOC is the only campaign I will be backing until it has reached it's goal. I can't see any point in it either as any awkward questions will just be answered with lies just as they were at the last fans forum

Revived Red 19-01-2011 14:45

Obviously I cannot attend the forum this evening, but I too am wondering what is the point of it. The club does not have the staff to introduce and manage new initiatives. I accepted an invitation to join the Business Club in mid-November. Having heard nothing since then, I contacted Martin and he tells me that since a key member of the commercial team left the club, he is "currently trying to maintain both roles whilst replacing the void, to ensure the department and Business Club initiative can run smoothly".

This is certainly not a criticism of Martin, but simply an expression of doubt about the problems associated with any new commercial or business initiative.

shillelagh 19-01-2011 15:30

a good impression wasnt actually given last night to a rovers supporter .. who was bored at home .. nowt on telly .. so went to accy stanley last night ... by the staff ...

maccawozzagod 19-01-2011 15:31

what the hell is the 'business club'?

and as for the point of not having enough staff they are still unable to hold an event for the Legends club after 3 years - Direct Debit finally cancelled

lancsdave 19-01-2011 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 876609)
a good impression wasnt actually given last night to a rovers supporter .. who was bored at home .. nowt on telly .. so went to accy stanley last night ... by the staff ...

Half a story ? :)

lancsdave 19-01-2011 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 876610)
what the hell is the 'business club'?

and as for the point of not having enough staff they are still unable to hold an event for the Legends club after 3 years - Direct Debit finally cancelled

business club

Bagpuss 19-01-2011 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 875925)
I have become one of the 'couldn't give a monkeys' brigade as well. I'll not part with a penny more than I have to whilst the current regime continues to make my club a laughing stock.

Dav007 posted last summer that he wouldn't be going to home games because of it, and I have reluctantly joined that thought.

Roll on the regime change please ....

Nothing's changed, missing my football but I'm still not going until Whalley, O'Neill and Heys have left the building, bloody liars.:mad:

Pendle Red 19-01-2011 16:36

Sceptical as Trumpton and a big rush around to try to make this

But...

It is a first of kinds for a long time where somebody has tried to show some initative with regards to maybe putting themselves in front of an audience from the Club.

whether it turns out to be hollow promises, a chance to ask the awkward questions or a genuine attempt to try to start to patch up the massive gulfs that exsist who know's?

But surely it is better to try that not at all?

Doug 19-01-2011 18:24

Any news or views............

lancsdave 19-01-2011 19:38

Despite my recent outburst on here, I went. The general theme was that the club would be going out in to the community to promote the club, in the hope of getting more people to go and watch, therefore increasing attendances.

I have had a discussion with Rob, hopefully I may get some answers and I can go back to being my normal mellow self :)

maccawozzagod 19-01-2011 19:53

why make a song and dance about that, they should be doing just that anyway as a matter of course. I like to call it standard business practice.

Was there a lot there Dave and how long did it take until they mentioned that you could also spend some money?

lancsdave 19-01-2011 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 876723)
why make a song and dance about that, they should be doing just that anyway as a matter of course. I like to call it standard business practice.

Was there a lot there Dave and how long did it take until they mentioned that you could also spend some money?

They actually didn't ask for money.

I don't think I've won guess the gate yet so don't take my word for it. I'd say in terms of non staff, 35-40 ish

maccawozzagod 19-01-2011 20:00

cheers Dave

lancsdave 19-01-2011 20:02

On reflection I think JC did more talking than anybody else, and that included off the field issues as much as on the field issues.

Pendle Red 19-01-2011 20:17

I think I came away personally with more focus than what I went into the forum with.

It was a chance for people to ask questions and perhaps get over their points of view while also listening to insights of people on the sharp end so too speak.

I think Coley stuck a lot of chords particulary how the Club continues to defy the odds which sort of re-galvanised my thoughts about the Club in general and what makes it so special to so many people.

There are good things that go on at the Club but it is so easy to be overshadowed with other things.

There were some good initiatives spoke about & displayed in the Lounge and I hope they come to fruition, I like the focus on the Community aspect taking it out to the people whether through the FITC, posters, whatever we have to re-connect with people as well as connecting with people who have never been to the Ground.

The Hub is the Community and the Club should also be the Hub of the Community

lancsdave 19-01-2011 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 876747)
The Hub is the Community and the Club should also be the Hub of the Community

How many times has that been said over the years and not acted on though ?

The Community team themselves are a great asset to the club, they don't get as much credit as they deserve, but then again they go about there stuff quietly and efficiently. As far as I understand ( and I'm sure one of them will correct me if I'm wrong ), their remit is to get involved with the youth of the community.

With regards to the rest of the community I know John and Jimmy said the players were available to take on some of the work, but who is organising that ?

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 20:42

Did anybody raise the subject of Ilyas and the ownership debacle?

lancsdave 19-01-2011 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 876757)
Did anybody raise the subject of Ilyas and the ownership debacle?

It was raised, and the standard answer was issued. Nobody knows owt :)

Pendle Red 19-01-2011 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876753)
How many times has that been said over the years and not acted on though ?

The Community team themselves are a great asset to the club, they don't get as much credit as they deserve, but then again they go about there stuff quietly and efficiently. As far as I understand ( and I'm sure one of them will correct me if I'm wrong ), their remit is to get involved with the youth of the community.

With regards to the rest of the community I know John and Jimmy said the players were available to take on some of the work, but who is organising that ?

All very true

They have set up Tonight their remit as a Club together now it's time to deliver

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876759)

Cheers, Dave, as I expected, same old bull. They can make all the fine-sounding pronouncements they want about taking the club to the community, but while the ownership situation remains as it is, we're going nowhere fast. By your rough head count, less than 50 of the hardcore support of 1,000 turned up, so how the hell are they going to attract the interest of the town at large?

Pendle Red 19-01-2011 21:02

who know's all we can do is Support the Team

Shurm 19-01-2011 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 876618)
Nothing's changed, missing my football but I'm still not going until Whalley, O'Neill and Heys have left the building, bloody liars.:mad:

Ditto :(

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 876766)
who know's all we can do is Support the Team

Exactly, and supporting the team is all I'm prepared to do these days...which is something coming from someone who was once the ultimate mug punter, shirts, T-shirts, scarves, programmes, the works. Now, I buy my season ticket and that's it...and that's the way it'll stay until there are wholesale changes at the top.

lancsdave 19-01-2011 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 876765)
Cheers, Dave, as I expected, same old bull. They can make all the fine-sounding pronouncements they want about taking the club to the community, but while the ownership situation remains as it is, we're going nowhere fast. By your rough head count, less than 50 of the hardcore support of 1,000 turned up, so how the hell are they going to attract the interest of the town at large?

In fairness I think those present at the top table were clearly frustrated at the lack of the ownership issue not being resolved. To me if they are frustrated at the ownership issue as it stands that would answer it's own question if they could actually answer it openly :rolleyes:

And in answer to your last sentence, everybody knows the answer to that :)

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876770)
In fairness I think those present at the top table were clearly frustrated at the lack of the ownership issue not being resolved. To me if they are frustrated at the ownership issue as it stands that would answer it's own question if they could actually answer it openly :rolleyes:

And in answer to your last sentence, everybody knows the answer to that :)

Not much point in having the forum in the first place, then. Before anything else happens, this needs sorting out, then the club can start selling itself to the town.

Incidentally, if the forum had featured Ilyas announcing his plans for a new share issue, community ownership and a new stadium, how many do you think would've attended then? ;)

lancsdave 19-01-2011 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 876785)
Before anything else happens, this needs sorting out, then the club can start selling itself to the town.

You know that, I know that, most of the civilised population know that, but 2 people seem to think they are far more important than the future of a football club

Incidentally, if the forum had featured Ilyas announcing his plans for a new share issue, community ownership and a new stadium, how many do you think would've attended then? ;)

There were far more people at the Cannon St meeting than were there tonight.

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876787)
There were far more people at the Cannon St meeting than were there tonight.

What was that all about then, Dave?

lancsdave 19-01-2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 876788)
What was that all about then, Dave?

The one that Ilyas held about the Community Ownership proposal. Come on keep up :D

Wynonie Harris 19-01-2011 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876791)
The one that Ilyas held about the Community Ownership proposal. Come on keep up :D

Sorry! Forgot all about that, seems such a long time ago.

cashman 19-01-2011 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876759)

That is utter crap as far as i'm concerned, Those who do know are saying sod all n treating people like imbeciles.:(

Grimps 19-01-2011 22:22

kick out dead wood borad then have a meeting. see 500, try to get into club bar then.

cashman 19-01-2011 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimps (Post 876808)
kick out dead wood borad then have a meeting. see 500, try to get into club bar then.

Spot on mate sure would be many more then.;)

sparkie 20-01-2011 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 876753)
As far as I understand ( and I'm sure one of them will correct me if I'm wrong ), their remit is to get involved with the youth of the community.

When the community side was an FITC then its focus was purely the youth of the community and involving them in football activities, however they are no longer just an FITC, they are now a Community Trust which is something entirely different! The remit now is to create and run sustainable projects that wil benefit the community. This can pretty much be anything, ranging from multi skills sesions with kids, to gardening for the elderly!! Over the space of the coming months the ASCT will be starting new projects on a regular basis specifically aimed at meeting the needs of the community as a whole.

Keep your eyes open on the fishy site for more ASCT information about events and schemes in the local area.

lancsdave 20-01-2011 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 876837)
When the community side was an FITC then its focus was purely the youth of the community and involving them in football activities, however they are no longer just an FITC, they are now a Community Trust which is something entirely different! The remit now is to create and run sustainable projects that wil benefit the community. This can pretty much be anything, ranging from multi skills sesions with kids, to gardening for the elderly!! Over the space of the coming months the ASCT will be starting new projects on a regular basis specifically aimed at meeting the needs of the community as a whole.

Keep your eyes open on the fishy site for more ASCT information about events and schemes in the local area.

I did say somebody would correct me if wrong :)

Gardening for the elderly ? Does that mean they will come and sort mine out ? :D

sherry 20-01-2011 08:59

OOOOO! :eek: That was a big step Dave - admitting to being old! :p

sherry 20-01-2011 09:03

Hopefully there is a little light on the horizon as we saw on Tuesday night from the windows of the new control tower.

Rob Heys did confirm that the next phase of the 'capacity plan' would begin on the 3rd February. :D

JEFF 20-01-2011 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 876860)
Hopefully there is a little light on the horizon as we saw on Tuesday night from the windows of the new control tower.

Rob Heys did confirm that the next phase of the 'capacity plan' would begin on the 3rd February. :D

The 'capacity plan' should have been completed by 31st December 2010

lancsdave 20-01-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 876856)
OOOOO! :eek: That was a big step Dave - admitting to being old! :p

You could at least have called me a liar :D

Stanleymad 20-01-2011 10:34

After the meeting my opinion and mind remains unchanged! Had to bite my lip several times and my faith in John and jimmy stopped me walking out I do have respect for them and the playing team. Nothing is much different and unrealistic on some ideas they had. Don't think John and jimmy knew the real scale of the SOS after effects that plague today. Basically sense that gate increasing was important but the underlying issues as to why they decreased (nowt to do with playing team stuff or JC and jb ) which was duly brushed under the carpet quickly!!

AccyMad 20-01-2011 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 876860)

Good news - unless of course we have any more 'bad weather' between now & then, after all there was quite a heavy frost this morning :rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 20-01-2011 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 876806)
That is utter crap as far as i'm concerned, Those who do know are saying sod all n treating people like imbeciles.:(

I see you are back Cashy!!!! :D :D :D

Tin Monkey 20-01-2011 11:10

I think that people working at the club have got a massive job on their hands to 'sell' this scheme to the public, especially in light of all the background issues [ownership, Ilyas, Whalley, etc]. I understand that they have to keep on trying, but I feel that the public/fans have been so badly treated in recent years that it'll take more than yet another dose of rhetoric to yield positive results.

I won't harp on again about my reasons for staying away, but I know that I'm not the only one who feels the same as me [Bagpuss & Shurm have already stated their feelings].

The danger is, the longer this whole debacle continues, the less chance there is of existing 'stay-away' fans coming back to the club when things are eventually resolved. Being honest, even though I intended to stay-away from games this season, initially I found it very hard and went on 3 games earlier in the season [33 years of habit is hard to break]. However, over time it's become easier to stay away and now I'm actually doing things on matchdays that I prefer over football. I couldn't imagine saying that in the past.

The longer this situation continues the more damaging it is to the club as a whole. I'd be very surprised if this latest initiative is any more successful than previous ones, but I hope I'm wrong. I don't blame anyone for trying, but the longer term solution won't be found in these schemes, however well intentioned.

I'll crawl back under my rock now. :D

Stanleymad 20-01-2011 11:19

Quite true TM and they don't realise that the damage done is getting bigger, especially when die hard fans are slowly fading away from the crown, myself included going last nite was painful and im concluding to fade away too can't simply take anymore crap IMHO.

Stanleymad 20-01-2011 11:25

Did anyone feel happy to have their question fully answered particularly from rob, being only off field rep there on the panel ? Found it weird to have JC answer off field points lol

Doug 20-01-2011 12:56

OK. Although I'm distant from much of what goes on off pitch and I don't have sufficient contact within Accrington to hear the gossip it still troubles me to ear this level of continual discontent, more so to hear dedicated fans staying away.

Rather than pointing a finger and crying out for understanding I thought I ask a couple of questions mainly for the club.

It's the 20 January and already the club has had its first CCJ of the year. Why do we continue to go the expense of court before paying bills off. cheaper to pay them before the CCJ occurs.

Where is Ilyas. Why is there no communication and reassurance from him that the fight goes on and hope is alive. I know that sounds dramatic, but with so much being said in public before its hard not to miss the fact that there's so much silence now. I don't always agree with what is said, but I do respect him for his actions and have hoped that a permanent solution is found for the future of the club and a prominent role for Ilyas in it.

It's time to work together or we all suffer.

And on. Last night we had the forum with around fifty bums on seats; What about the other 2000 or so of the Stanley Family world wide. Would it not have been prudent of the club to video the meeting or at least have something on PowerPoint to share with the rest of us. I know it's about getting out into the community, but there is an extended community beyond the township and we can have an impact if we are included.

I know peoples opinions on here and on face book, apart from that we know sod all.

What I'd like to see is a multi disciplinary working group focusing on the problems at the club. Not to dictate, but to work out how to move everybody forward and benefit the club and the town. It's been said before and its so easy to do, most of it is listening and that pursuing positive outcomes for the club and community.

It should include: Supporters pro and against. The Club. Business. Council. Interested Community Groups. Police all working together in the open.

The odd forum and tatty press release will never do it. It needs working at, long term and openly.

Wynonie Harris 20-01-2011 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 876910)
It's the 20 January and already the club has had its first CCJ of the year.

Has it?...what for?...is this something else that my impending senility has caused me to forget? :eek:

lancsdave 20-01-2011 13:45

Quote:

It needs working at, long term and openly.

Every man and his dog knows how that can happen ;)

If I was in charge of the club and blocking it's progress going forward a few keyboard warriors wouldn't worry me.

However if a group of people were to get in my face before and after a match, causing me major embarrasment in front of visiting directors, football league officials and the press ( while still supporting the team during the match ) I might actually feel the pressure and think twice about hanging on to power. :rolleyes:

ukcowboy 20-01-2011 14:07

Doug you mention in your post that the club has accrued a CCJ already, where did you hear about this?

The rest of your post makes for interesting reading and has a good few pertinant (sp) points.

cashman 20-01-2011 14:08

being a stupid git, whats a CCJ?:confused:

lancsdave 20-01-2011 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 876922)
being a stupid git, whats a CCJ?:confused:

County Court Judgement

LongLostSon 20-01-2011 14:19

Good to hear from you TM. Certainly Stanley's future is currently cursed by the ownership nonsense between EW & Do'N. At the very least those two people know why the impasse exists and are not willing to resolve the situation. It also seems that both do not wish the truth of the matter to be made public, probably because it would reveal that Stanley are not first priority with either. Anything other than satisfactory resolution on ownership is just like using a coat of paint to repair a leaky ship. Until they are ready to act like honourable men the club ain't going anywhere we would want it to.

cashman 20-01-2011 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 876924)
Good to hear from you TM. Certainly Stanley's future is currently cursed by the ownership nonsense between EW & Do'N. At the very least those two people know why the impasse exists and are not willing to resolve the situation. It also seems that both do not wish the truth of the matter to be made public, probably because it would reveal that Stanley are not first priority with either. Anything other than satisfactory resolution on ownership is just like using a coat of paint to repair a leaky ship. Until they are ready to act like honourable men the club ain't going anywhere we would want it to.

That my friend is spot on, shame some are too dense too see the fact.;)

JEFF 20-01-2011 15:49

The Annual Return should have been at Companies House by 14th Decemberd 2010. It is now marked as 'overdue'. What a surprise.

Stanleymad 20-01-2011 17:19

Do note that they read Accyweb intently, some people noticed last nite and some will noticed the PDF back the boys which has quoted some accywebbers posts - did they ask permission off the people who posted to use quotes for the bid ? Tho least they didn't use usernames or real names luckily.

Revived Red 20-01-2011 17:27

Quote:

What I'd like to see is a multi disciplinary working group focusing on the problems at the club.

Who would chair such a group? If it were to be one of the so-called powers-that-be, there would be so much suspicion and antagonism that many of those who ought to be on such a group would refuse. If it were not one of the powers-that-be, it would be ineffective because they would be unlikely to accept the opinions of any working group.

I think any "multi disciplinary working group" would be a talking shop and a failure.

What this club needs is something much simpler than that. It needs a leader with integrity, dynamism and vision. No more and no less.