Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   A Fresh Start? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/a-fresh-start-56806.html)

Wynonie Harris 15-02-2011 18:32

Re: A Fresh Start?

Sure, EW needs to go, but that's only one part of the equation. Suppose, he was struck by a sudden bout of reasonableness and signed his shares over to DO'n, what then? As Macca quite rightly points out, DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club, and, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't want what Ilyas and most of us want - a move to a fans-owned community club and a related move to a new stadium.

It's definitely got to be O'Neill AND Whalley out!

shakermaker 15-02-2011 18:40

I thought that the actions of football fans in a town on a matchday were under the jurisdiction of local police anyway. :confused:
Ho hum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 883721)
Sure, EW needs to go, but that's only one part of the equation. Suppose, he was struck by a sudden bout of reasonableness and signed his shares over to DO'n, what then? As Macca quite rightly points out, DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club, and, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't want what Ilyas and most of us want - a move to a fans-owned community club and a related move to a new stadium.

It's definitely got to be O'Neill AND Whalley out!

Nail-on-the-head.

smudgie 15-02-2011 18:41

See my signature for the last year !

VALAIRIAN 15-02-2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 883596)
As far as I see it, there is only one person causing an obstruction and that is the person who legally owns 51% of the shares. I think that any protests should be directed at him and continued to be directed at him until he steps down and let's Stanley go forward. As long as he has his 51% Stanley will go nowhere exept into non-league. The sooner he goes the better. O'Neill quitting will solve nothing so any protests directed at him will be wasted. The media must be informed in order that all of football will know that this person is not wanted by Stanley supporters and the community of Accrington.

Slightly confused at this one???

lancsdave 15-02-2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 883721)
DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club,!

Wehter he has the funds or not he categorically stated at a public meeting he wouldn't put any money in to the club, which in itself is a very strange comment for somebody who at the time had just claimed to buy the club :confused:

cashman 15-02-2011 19:18

Perhaps him n E.W. are blood brothers, nowt would shock me.

ukcowboy 15-02-2011 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 883751)
Wehter he has the funds or not he categorically stated at a public meeting he wouldn't put any money in to the club, which in itself is a very strange comment for somebody who at the time had just claimed to buy the club :confused:

Correct Dave, and so far thats the only TRUTH the man has ever spoken when it comes to Stanley!

I also recall Him saying, at the same meeting, that He wanted us to 'trust him'...............seems He has difficulty understanding exactly what that means lol.

Shurm 15-02-2011 19:59

Like I've said before they both should have disappeared with their heads bowed in shame when neither of them came to the rescue of Stanley at the courts. I got told to my face he had the money and that Rob was remortgaging his house !!! Biggest load of crap I've ever heard I later found out, what these people won't say to keep themselves in charge is unbelievable. The fans are just being strung along for as long as possible, whilst these idiots use Stanley as an ego boost.