Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New teams for next season (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-teams-for-next-season-57595.html)

Redash 23-04-2011 20:24

New teams for next season

Looking at the league one table, there are 5 teams in the mire, with Walsall being the nearest, followed by Bristol, Swindon, Plymouth and the Daggers.

Currently occupying the Promotion spots in our league are Chesterfield, Bury and Shrewsbury.

That's 4 very southern teams coming down and 3 northern teams going up. It looks like 3 more northern teams will be joining League one from the Championship.
Brighton are promoted from League one and Southampton would probably be joining them potentially Bournemouth too.

For the sake of the environment and expense, plus the number of visiting supporters I think it would be best if The Stanley were to be promoted to league one.

Let it be so.

lancsdave 23-04-2011 20:29

Re: New teams for next season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 900444)
For the sake of the environment and expense, plus the number of visiting supporters I think it would be best if The Stanley were to be promoted to league one.

Let it be so.

I agree, no overnight stay required for Preston :D

smudgie 23-04-2011 20:59

Further away the better I say, its more of an achievement then to get to the game in the first place :)

cashman 23-04-2011 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 900453)
Further away the better I say, its more of an achievement then to get to the game in the first place :)

Thats a personal view, a financial view is the opposite.:rolleyes:

smudgie 23-04-2011 21:25

If you struggle financially, and really want to go to the game, then travel on the coach, its by far the cheapest option.

cashman 23-04-2011 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 900461)
If you struggle financially, and really want to go to the game, then travel on the coach, its by far the cheapest option.

i aint talkin about me, i'm talking about the club.;)

Redash 23-04-2011 22:19

Although it's a pain to travel that far down the country, and away days are great, it's expensive for the club.

Whilst you'd perhaps, expect a League one club within a couple of hours drive, to bring a few hundred, maybe even +1000 fans, you'd be lucky to expect a couple of hundred fans from the south coast, even less on a midweek game.

It's a double financial blow to the club.

cashman 23-04-2011 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 900479)
Although it's a pain to travel that far down the country, and away days are great, it's expensive for the club.

Whilst you'd perhaps, expect a League one club within a couple of hours drive, to bring a few hundred, maybe even +1000 fans, you'd be lucky to expect a couple of hundred fans from the south coast, even less on a midweek game.

It's a double financial blow to the club.

glad some else can see point i'm making,;) it aint a self view its a practical one.

Chimer 23-04-2011 23:02

You're right Cashy, but watching form sunny Pompey I'll feel the football gods have it in for me personally if we make it to L1 and Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth all escape to the Championship. Odds against Bournemouth though, since Eddie Howe deserted them for some other club who might just be in a different set of play-offs.

Outback Ozzy 24-04-2011 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 900444)
Looking at the league one table, there are 5 teams in the mire, with Walsall being the nearest, followed by Bristol, Swindon, Plymouth and the Daggers.

Brighton are promoted from League one and Southampton would probably be joining them potentially Bournemouth too.

Let it be so.

Personally speaking, I hope we only play one of the potentially relegation threatened teams next season, don't care which one. Agree about Brighton and Saints, but I think Huddersfield may be the third team to go up.

But hey, we need at least one seaside trip to make a weekend of it and Bournemouth aint that bad, or Plymouth if they pull of the great escape. If it is to be D&R then Southend could be a useful base!
Personally fed up of Torquay, football not bad but the pubs are rip off prices.

smudgie 24-04-2011 09:46

Only been Torquay myself once, loved it last season.

Would love a weekend in Bournemouth though :)

lancsdave 24-04-2011 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 900529)
But hey, we need at least one seaside trip to make a weekend of it and Bournemouth aint that bad, or Plymouth if they pull of the great escape. If it is to be D&R then Southend could be a useful base!
Personally fed up of Torquay, football not bad but the pubs are rip off prices.

If you stay in League 2 you might end up with a weekend in that jewel of all seaside resorts............ Fleetwood :D

smudgie 24-04-2011 09:49

PLEASE not Dave, anything but there !!

Trapdoor 24-04-2011 18:09

How about a day out in Crawley Smudgie??? :-)

lancsdave 02-05-2011 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 900486)
I'll feel the football gods have it in for me personally if we make it to L1 and Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth all escape to the Championship. Odds against Bournemouth though, since Eddie Howe deserted them for some other club who might just be in a different set of play-offs.

After today's results I've come to the conclusion you must be a real sinner :D