Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2011, 20:24   #1
God Member

New teams for next season

Looking at the league one table, there are 5 teams in the mire, with Walsall being the nearest, followed by Bristol, Swindon, Plymouth and the Daggers.

Currently occupying the Promotion spots in our league are Chesterfield, Bury and Shrewsbury.

That's 4 very southern teams coming down and 3 northern teams going up. It looks like 3 more northern teams will be joining League one from the Championship.
Brighton are promoted from League one and Southampton would probably be joining them potentially Bournemouth too.

For the sake of the environment and expense, plus the number of visiting supporters I think it would be best if The Stanley were to be promoted to league one.

Let it be so.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2011, 20:29   #2
God Member

Re: New teams for next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
For the sake of the environment and expense, plus the number of visiting supporters I think it would be best if The Stanley were to be promoted to league one.

Let it be so.
I agree, no overnight stay required for Preston
Old 23-04-2011, 20:59   #3
Senior Member+

Further away the better I say, its more of an achievement then to get to the game in the first place
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 21:19   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Further away the better I say, its more of an achievement then to get to the game in the first place
Thats a personal view, a financial view is the opposite.
Old 23-04-2011, 21:25   #5
Senior Member+

If you struggle financially, and really want to go to the game, then travel on the coach, its by far the cheapest option.
Old 23-04-2011, 21:27   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
If you struggle financially, and really want to go to the game, then travel on the coach, its by far the cheapest option.
i aint talkin about me, i'm talking about the club.
Old 23-04-2011, 22:19   #7
God Member

Although it's a pain to travel that far down the country, and away days are great, it's expensive for the club.

Whilst you'd perhaps, expect a League one club within a couple of hours drive, to bring a few hundred, maybe even +1000 fans, you'd be lucky to expect a couple of hundred fans from the south coast, even less on a midweek game.

It's a double financial blow to the club.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 22:24   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Although it's a pain to travel that far down the country, and away days are great, it's expensive for the club.

Whilst you'd perhaps, expect a League one club within a couple of hours drive, to bring a few hundred, maybe even +1000 fans, you'd be lucky to expect a couple of hundred fans from the south coast, even less on a midweek game.

It's a double financial blow to the club.
glad some else can see point i'm making, it aint a self view its a practical one.
Old 23-04-2011, 23:02   #9
Senior Member+

You're right Cashy, but watching form sunny Pompey I'll feel the football gods have it in for me personally if we make it to L1 and Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth all escape to the Championship. Odds against Bournemouth though, since Eddie Howe deserted them for some other club who might just be in a different set of play-offs.
Old 24-04-2011, 09:34   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Looking at the league one table, there are 5 teams in the mire, with Walsall being the nearest, followed by Bristol, Swindon, Plymouth and the Daggers.

Brighton are promoted from League one and Southampton would probably be joining them potentially Bournemouth too.

Let it be so.
Personally speaking, I hope we only play one of the potentially relegation threatened teams next season, don't care which one. Agree about Brighton and Saints, but I think Huddersfield may be the third team to go up.

But hey, we need at least one seaside trip to make a weekend of it and Bournemouth aint that bad, or Plymouth if they pull of the great escape. If it is to be D&R then Southend could be a useful base!
Personally fed up of Torquay, football not bad but the pubs are rip off prices.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:46   #11
Senior Member+

Only been Torquay myself once, loved it last season.

Would love a weekend in Bournemouth though
Old 24-04-2011, 09:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
But hey, we need at least one seaside trip to make a weekend of it and Bournemouth aint that bad, or Plymouth if they pull of the great escape. If it is to be D&R then Southend could be a useful base!
Personally fed up of Torquay, football not bad but the pubs are rip off prices.
If you stay in League 2 you might end up with a weekend in that jewel of all seaside resorts............ Fleetwood
Old 24-04-2011, 09:49   #13
Senior Member+

PLEASE not Dave, anything but there !!
Old 24-04-2011, 18:09   #14

How about a day out in Crawley Smudgie??? :-)
Old 02-05-2011, 15:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'll feel the football gods have it in for me personally if we make it to L1 and Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth all escape to the Championship. Odds against Bournemouth though, since Eddie Howe deserted them for some other club who might just be in a different set of play-offs.
After today's results I've come to the conclusion you must be a real sinner

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..