Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Cisak determined to bounce back (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cisak-determined-to-bounce-back-58149.html)

Matchday Press 06-06-2011 21:49

Cisak determined to bounce back

Mr. C spoke to us earlier tonight... ASFC News Story > 4116

cashman 06-06-2011 21:55

Re: Cisak determined to bounce back

good keeper, sounds a little ominous to me that interview.:eek:

smudgie 07-06-2011 07:32

Hopefully means he is staying :-)

cashman 07-06-2011 07:42

hope yer right smudge,( As is the case with the majority of the playing squad, Cisak has been offered a new contract, but he is looking forward to a short term of rest and relaxation before discussing his future. He said: “I haven’t signed my contract yet; I plan on recharging my batteries a bit before I start thinking about my future.”

With the Olympics taking place next year, Cisak is determined to represent Australia and brush aside goalkeeping competition, including former Red Dean Bouzanis. He said: “There’s a lot of competition for the number one jersey, especially with the over 23s allowed to play. Most importantly though I need to be playing at club level and playing well, hopefully that will be enough to get the first choice spot.”) the second paragraph seems a bit contradictory against the first un to me, hence i said ominous, hope i'm wrong.:eek:

maccawozzagod 07-06-2011 08:52

it's long past the ten days they were given to think about their new contracts. Coley will be looking for a new keeper by now.

What odds on Dean Bouzanis coming, having a stormer, playing every game and taking the Olympics spot ahead of Cisak?

Outback Ozzy 07-06-2011 10:29

That story, to me, makes me believe he IS staying. After all, he is Stanley's number one ahead of Ian. This means he will be playing week in, week out albeit at the lowest level of professional English football. But providing his form does not dip and he signs on again, I cannot see Coley dropping him unless he has a serious injury or the dip occurs.

Exile on Spencer St 07-06-2011 11:42

There's plenty of professional clubs 'lower' than Stanley.

football19 07-06-2011 12:07

Dont know about the other players , but i am sure Deano will be an Acci player next year, ( un-finished business is what he said before going on his jollys !! )

Revived Red 07-06-2011 13:43

I didn't really understand that statement about giving the players 10 days. Surely they were away on holiday, as presumably was Coley himself. So it would be impossible for negotiations and discussions to take place. Or were the players offered "take it or leave it" deals?

football19 07-06-2011 14:13

Basically each player met with JC & JB on the monday following the play-off final and were told wheither they were to be offered new terms or be released.
During the meetings, terms new terms were offered to various players, and these were confirmed in writing via the postal system.
I am pretty sure a deadline wasnt given for exeptance,but i may be wrong,which i found strange.

mab 20-06-2011 16:38

:)Bit in Telegraph Accrington Stanley keeper faces global trek for Australia squad (From Lancashire Telegraph)

smudgie 20-06-2011 17:02

More here.............. Cisak chasing Olympic glory | Accrington Stanley News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

Not good news about the international dates ......... :(