Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 21:49   #1

Cisak determined to bounce back

Mr. C spoke to us earlier tonight... ASFC News Story > 4116
Matchday Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2011, 21:55   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cisak determined to bounce back

good keeper, sounds a little ominous to me that interview.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32   #3
Senior Member+

Hopefully means he is staying :-)
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hope yer right smudge,( As is the case with the majority of the playing squad, Cisak has been offered a new contract, but he is looking forward to a short term of rest and relaxation before discussing his future. He said: “I haven’t signed my contract yet; I plan on recharging my batteries a bit before I start thinking about my future.”

With the Olympics taking place next year, Cisak is determined to represent Australia and brush aside goalkeeping competition, including former Red Dean Bouzanis. He said: “There’s a lot of competition for the number one jersey, especially with the over 23s allowed to play. Most importantly though I need to be playing at club level and playing well, hopefully that will be enough to get the first choice spot.”) the second paragraph seems a bit contradictory against the first un to me, hence i said ominous, hope i'm wrong.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52   #5
God Member

it's long past the ten days they were given to think about their new contracts. Coley will be looking for a new keeper by now.

What odds on Dean Bouzanis coming, having a stormer, playing every game and taking the Olympics spot ahead of Cisak?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29   #6
Senior Member+

That story, to me, makes me believe he IS staying. After all, he is Stanley's number one ahead of Ian. This means he will be playing week in, week out albeit at the lowest level of professional English football. But providing his form does not dip and he signs on again, I cannot see Coley dropping him unless he has a serious injury or the dip occurs.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:42   #7
God Member

There's plenty of professional clubs 'lower' than Stanley.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07   #8
Senior Member+

Dont know about the other players , but i am sure Deano will be an Acci player next year, ( un-finished business is what he said before going on his jollys !! )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 13:43   #9
Senior Member+

I didn't really understand that statement about giving the players 10 days. Surely they were away on holiday, as presumably was Coley himself. So it would be impossible for negotiations and discussions to take place. Or were the players offered "take it or leave it" deals?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 14:13   #10
Senior Member+

Basically each player met with JC & JB on the monday following the play-off final and were told wheither they were to be offered new terms or be released.
During the meetings, terms new terms were offered to various players, and these were confirmed in writing via the postal system.
I am pretty sure a deadline wasnt given for exeptance,but i may be wrong,which i found strange.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 16:38   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Bit in Telegraph Accrington Stanley keeper faces global trek for Australia squad (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 20-06-2011, 17:02   #12
Senior Member+

More here.............. Cisak chasing Olympic glory | Accrington Stanley News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

Not good news about the international dates .........
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..