Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Guthrie signs! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/guthrie-signs-58575.html)

ukcowboy 16-07-2011 17:22

Guthrie signs!

See fishy site. Welcome on board young man.

Pendle Red 16-07-2011 17:30

Re: Guthrie signs!

That's a Great Signing!!

Pleased as punch for the lad and as Coley says in the article he may not be the finished article but has got a hunger and desire which has shown on the pitch.

Welcome onboard Kurtis:)

nige b 16-07-2011 17:49

welcome on board fella and how refreshing to hear his comments after the crap from mcconville etc and their mercenary attitude

Pendle Red 16-07-2011 17:57

Maybe this is more based on gut feeling or hunch but I have been racking my brains trying to put into words what it is with the lad and I don't want to put unwanted pressure on him but every once in a while there comes along a player who has the presence, a work ethic and something special that endears them to quickly become crowd favourites and what I have seen in two games be it pre-season has already convinced me.

Haggis316 16-07-2011 18:04

I am very pleased for all concerned. He has earned the chance to make a name for himself and I think he will.

Doug 16-07-2011 18:31

Fantastic; what a season we're going to have. I was so gutted at the exodus and after such a good season; I was gutted for Coley and Jimmy and those who held true. But alas we have the best manager and assistant in Britain today. I hope the club move to recognise this team in a big, big way this year.

Welcome to all those who are joining us for the first time and a big thank you to those who stayed true. On, Stanley On! 5th last season; we've only just begun…..

mab 16-07-2011 18:40

:) And heres the link :) ASFC News Story > 4171 Welcome aboard Kirtis And well done John & Jimmy your magic is working already :) Automatics:D

cashman 16-07-2011 19:02

well we got this lad fer nowt n money to come fer supermac...........there is a god.:hehetable:D:D:D:D

smudgie 16-07-2011 19:02

Dont get to carried away Mab ;)

Massively pleased for him.

Superb news.

Redraine 16-07-2011 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 919549)
Dont get to carried away Mab ;)

Massively pleased for him.

Superb news.

I'm with you, Smudgie. Anything better than survival this season will be a great achievement for Coley and Jimmy after losing so many players, including the spine of the team. It will take some time for a new team to gel. We, the fans, will have a big part to play in encouraging the lads through thick and thin, especially young Kurtis, who is going to come in for some harsh treatment from the seasoned pro's in league2.

smudgie 16-07-2011 19:24

I agree.....

However after seeing him plant that header with Robinson, Givet etc all in close surroundings today I firmly believe he has what it takes. :)

football19 16-07-2011 19:35

Lot of sense being spoke on here,hes only a raw 18 year old ,having to live away from home, but there is something different about him, and I wish him all the best ,if he's got it ,coley and co will bring it out of him

ddevil2006 16-07-2011 19:38

did he sign before or after the game today

Mr T 16-07-2011 19:48

Kurtis signed after today's game

Special well done to the dedicated staff who gave up their time to make it happen (you are all ASFC superstars)

Yes he's young, yes he's raw AND he'll need the FANtastic fans to wrap him up and make him feel party of our unique family. (remember he's only 18)

Will this happen?? As course it will, because what we are part of this very, very special club:)

cashman 16-07-2011 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 919566)
Kurtis signed after today's game

Special well done to the dedicated staff who gave up their time to make it happen (you are all ASFC superstars)

Yes he's young, yes he's raw AND he'll need the FANtastic fans to wrap him up and make him feel party of our unique family. (remember he's only 18)

Will this happen?? As course it will, because what we are part of this very, very special club:)

Nail on the head, good to see the dynamic duo not letting the grass grow, seems great potential wi the kid, think perhaps would have been preferable wi a 2 yr contract? if hes a quick developer the vultures will soon be circling.