Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Northampton Town Match Thread.......... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/northampton-town-match-thread-62840.html)

smudgie 10-11-2012 08:21

Northampton Town Match Thread..........

Here we go :D

BEATTIE on his debut??? :)

cashman 10-11-2012 08:25

Re: Northampton Town Match Thread..........

Hope so Smudge,depends on clearance?:confused::)

AccyMad 10-11-2012 12:05

I'm probably being a bit thick here but I don't understand why we need clearance for James Beattie to play when he was a free agent?

cashman 10-11-2012 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1027467)
I'm probably being a bit thick here but I don't understand why we need clearance for James Beattie to play when he was a free agent?

As far as i know Di, he was on books at Sheff Utd.:)

mab 10-11-2012 12:41

Shef/Utd released james in May 2012. so i would think his registration papers have to be filed with the league/fa before he can play:) fax them:D

Stanley Fox 10-11-2012 13:14

Any team news ?

nige b 10-11-2012 13:24

beattie not playing paperwork not through on time

mab 10-11-2012 15:22

:)you wont see a better goal anywhere Boco's goal fooking brillient:D

Haggis316 10-11-2012 15:54

As soon as I saw the Northampton Team Sheet I feared a Mucky Endy.

cashman 10-11-2012 16:28

How we went from dominating to chasing that game i will never know,:confused:Still at least it was a unique match..........First time i ever saw a "Fat Trick":D

Redraine 10-11-2012 16:36

What a defensive horror show. In spite of playing some lovely stuff going forward we were completely open down our right. Murphy and Winnard need dropping as they were left chasing shadows all afternoon. Awful and embarrassing. Molyneux, Gray and Miller were the pick of our lot for me. Come on, Leam. Bite the bullet and draft in Toto and Craig at the back. They can hardly do any worse.

cashman 10-11-2012 17:08

Whilst i agree we played some nice stuff going forward,All to often there was "No Ball" played into the box (Danger Area) All to often a lovely forward move ended with a back pass, rather than the box. opportunity missed.IMHO.:(

mab 10-11-2012 17:39

2-1 up and in full control then Town made a double sub Platt 0ff(Robinson on ) Wilson off (Demontagnac 0n ) and the whole game changed and with in 4 mins of coming on Robinson made it 2-2,Town dominated after that. TBH after we went 2-1 up looked to be only one winner how quick it turned round in Towns faver...

Reamer 10-11-2012 18:14

Any team that lets the blimp that is Akinfenwa score with a diving header must have an appauling defence and I'm afreaid that was true of Accy today. Winnard is just not himself at the moment (get the impression he's cheesed off with being asked to play RB when he's so much better at CB). Murphy seems to lose the plot and too many players not at their best today. Can't honestly pick a MOM

SamF 10-11-2012 18:57

Think today it was a case of the wrong tactics/formation.

We played a big direct team and yet our primary method to get out of defense was the long ball to the flanks. They dominated us in the air all over the pitch and we never picked up the second ball off Akinfenwa.

On the ground we could have played them off the park - 5-2-1-2 would have give us an extra man at the back and overloaded the centre of the pitch where we cut them apart.

Think they deserved the win - they always looked dangerous on the break and from set pieces - all you can ask for away from home.