Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Morecambe match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/morecambe-match-thread-64011.html)

Div3North 12-04-2013 22:21

Re: Morecambe match thread

14 points from our last seven games; won 4, drawn 2, lost 1 (to the champions-elect, away, 1-0) :D

Outback Ozzy 12-04-2013 22:23

Having had to sit in work all night nervously looking at the Beeb website, how happy I am to see that scoreline. I do not care if it was scrappy, all I care about are 3 points towards safety (I will not say safe yet until it is mathematically possible, however, the goal difference is coming down rapidly) and a clean sheet to boot. Well done the team and the management. Lets hope we can keep hold of Linganzi and others to form the basis of a decent team next season (I nclude Franny Jeffers and James Beattie in that because I believe they have much to offer). Waiting now for the results tomorrow, Torquay v Barnet especially. Cannot see York getting anything from Northampton and I believe Aldershot will be lucky to get anymore than 2 points from their next 2 games, but on the other hand, I cannot see Accy winnning in Bristol next week. It is still in the balance for me.

Chimer 12-04-2013 22:30

Whatever happens tomorrow, everybody currently below us will still theoretically be able to get to 52 points at least, though I don't think any of them will. As it stands, though, it is mathematically possible that two teams could be relegated with 54 and 55 points!

ossy kid 12-04-2013 23:03

Don't know how he played tonight but 2 immense goals in his last 2 games, lots of credit to Murph. He may not be the best player but he must have had his head and heart in both games. Well done lad.

Redraine 12-04-2013 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1052813)
Don't know how he played tonight but 2 immense goals in his last 2 games, lots of credit to Murph. He may not be the best player but he must have had his head and heart in both games. Well done lad.

No comment, except he knew nothing about his goal!

SamF 12-04-2013 23:56

Dire game bereft of any quality - we won by a scuffed free kick bouncing off an unaware player and an opposition defence parting like the Red Sea ... and I couldn't be happier!

Playing good football is a luxury for a club like ours, I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week!

mani 13-04-2013 00:01

I do think that the flare played a huge part in the second goal

That smoke was irritating to the eyes and nose

Bit of an own goal by the morecambe fan who threw it!

ossy kid 13-04-2013 00:22

I don't care if the ball went in off his nu??s he was in the right place at the right time.

winstanley asfc 13-04-2013 00:49

A great victory indeed!:thumbsup:

"O Accrington is wonderful,o Accrington is won-der-ful"!!:D

nige b 13-04-2013 01:32

Jack is looking down and smiling....we'll never forget

ossy kid 13-04-2013 02:14

On the Morcambe forum they were talking about trouble in the ground and after on the way to the station. They complained about some chanting by some of their idiot fans and some of their fans being set upon afterwards. They were not blaming Stanley fans but said they were Blackburn/Burnley yobs.

Kiwi John 13-04-2013 05:48

Think of the best superlative and that fits the MIGHTY STANLEY.
Great GREAT result.

Redash 13-04-2013 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1052841)
On the Morcambe forum they were talking about trouble in the ground and after on the way to the station. They complained about some chanting by some of their idiot fans and some of their fans being set upon afterwards. They were not blaming Stanley fans but said they were Blackburn/Burnley yobs.

The yobbo's would most likely have been the normal Accy knobheads, who have turned the town centre into a no go area for decent revellers.

MikeA 13-04-2013 07:40

I was impressed by the almost-endless chanting and dancing from the group of young lads at the front of the Clayton End seats, just in front of the owd codgers. Credit to the lads; it was a pleasure to see them. And, if their presence was a result of the commercial department's activities, well done to them too!

Jeg Red 13-04-2013 08:28

Thought we were edgy, particularly at the back, for the first 20 minutes or so. This was perhaps understandable with so much at stake and, whilst we all would love to see lots of free flowing football, I wasn't expecting a game for the purist. Three points for us and a clean sheet was a good night's work and we'll leave the one touch fast football for another time!

Linganzi was immense, Aldred also very solid and they'd done their homework on Molyneux as he was denied space on the ball.

Just been checking the full list of remaining fixtures for all clubs and don't reckon we're safe just yet, however 4 or 5 clubs would gladly swap places with us!